Tron 2.0 
 It's In The Stars.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Qix77
User

It's In The Stars.

on Tuesday, July, 29, 2003 12:54 AM
Guess what else happens when you pick up your copy of TRON 2.0 this upcoming month....

The Red Planet is about to be spectacular! This month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the Last 5,000 years, but it may be as long as 60,000 years before it happens again.

The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles of Earth and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. Mars will be easy to spot. At the beginning of August it will rise in the east at 10p.m. and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m.

By the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30a.m. That's pretty convenient to see something that no human being has seen in recorded history. So, mark your calendar at the beginning of August to see Mars grow progressively brighter and brighter throughout the month. Share this with your children and grandchildren. NO ONE ALIVE TODAY WILL EVER SEE THIS AGAIN

Found this at:

http://www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp

Sketch
Sector Admin

Re: It's In The Stars.

on Tuesday, July, 29, 2003 12:59 AM
Sweet. This will be awsome to see.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Scuzzy
User

on Tuesday, July, 29, 2003 1:14 AM
I'll have to try and remember that when I get off from work. Very groovy news!

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Qix77
User

on Tuesday, July, 29, 2003 2:14 AM
I too thought so...

Once I get TRON 2.0 and played it for a few hours, when I take a break and stand outside smoking a cig and drinking a beer, I just thought it'd be so cool to know that my friends here at tron-sector is also looking up at the sky shareing our break from the most awsome game since 1982 and seeing this awsome display in the sky...

Ok... enough with the mushy stuff... :Porder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, July, 29, 2003 1:09 PM
That is so very true...

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Qix77
User

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2003 1:17 AM
The cool thing I've noticed is that mars (which appears as a bright orange dot in the sky) is moving more to the north...

My location is Southern Illinois (I know there is a member here that just lives slightly north of me). So on the 27th, it may be directly north and slightly bigger...

This is so cool... TRON 2.0 released... and Mars...

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2003 1:22 AM
Fascinating, I should try to watch the skies whenever I have the time. ^^;

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Qix77
User

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2003 1:26 AM
It is pretty cool.... I only get the chance to see it when I'm driving home from work at night... But I have the 27th off so I can spend some time with the game and to see the sites of the sky....

I know that sounds lame, but being 26 isn't exciting..

Scuzzy
User

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2003 1:28 AM
Qix77 Wrote:I too thought so...

Once I get TRON 2.0 and played it for a few hours, when I take a break and stand outside smoking a cig and drinking a beer, I just thought it'd be so cool to know that my friends here at tron-sector is also looking up at the sky shareing our break from the most awsome game since 1982 and seeing this awsome display in the sky...

Ok... enough with the mushy stuff... :P

*Breaks into song*

Somewhere, out there,
Beneath the pale moon light!

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Scuzzy
User

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2003 1:29 AM
I just wish I had a telescope or something so I could get a really good look at it!

Qix77
User

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2003 2:05 AM
Same here.... and I think it'd be cool if I could get a digi cam that can connect to one...where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

MutoidMan
User

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2003 10:37 AM
Y'know, the last time Mars was really close, the Martians invaded...

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Qix77
User

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2003 9:27 PM
Thats right..... We called them "SPACE INVADERS". Wow... it's like the 80's all over again...where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 It's In The Stars.