Other Sectors 
 MAME latest version?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MasterControlProgram
User

MAME latest version?

on Tuesday, August, 05, 2003 5:26 PM

Ok I need some help... What is the Latest Version of MAME 32... and where can i download it..? i need it.. becuase the version i have plays most roms.. but there are a few roms.. it doesn;t wanna play.. so i nee the latest version..

If you could post a link to the site i can download it.. that would be great thanks

End Of Line....

"I want Him the Games Until he DIES playing!"-MCP

Click here to Make Money reading e mails. Sign up is FREE

kmon
User

Re: MAME latest version?

on Tuesday, August, 05, 2003 6:11 PM
mame.net

There ya go

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

MasterControlProgram
User

on Tuesday, August, 05, 2003 6:30 PM

Thank you!

End of Line...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

curtishart
User

on Tuesday, August, 05, 2003 7:46 PM
MasterControlProgram Wrote:
Ok I need some help... What is the Latest Version of MAME 32... and where can i download it..? i need it.. becuase the version i have plays most roms.. but there are a few roms.. it doesn;t wanna play.. so i nee the latest version..

If you could post a link to the site i can download it.. that would be great thanks

End Of Line....

The latest version *might* not be the answer. With each release of MAME, some game ROMs are redumped for more accuracy (Apparently, previous ROM dumps weren't 100% accurate or so) When that happens, MAME updates it's checksum to see if it's the same you have compared to the latest redumped rom.

In other words:

MAME "A" plays Tron Rom "1"

Tron roms are redumped as the one that played in MAME "A" wasn't 100% accurately dumped.

MAME "B" is release wirth code to play Tron "2" and not "1" as "1" was an inferrior dump.

MAME "B" won't play Tron "1" due to those checksums when it loads

Also, MAME "A" won't play Tron "2" for the same reason about checksums

So, to play Tron on MAME "B" you'd have to download Tron "2" somewhere.

Clear as mud?
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Qix77
User

on Tuesday, August, 05, 2003 9:06 PM
curtishart Wrote:

The latest version *might* not be the answer. With each release of MAME, some game ROMs are redumped for more accuracy (Apparently, previous ROM dumps weren't 100% accurate or so) When that happens, MAME updates it's checksum to see if it's the same you have compared to the latest redumped rom.

In other words:

MAME "A" plays Tron Rom "1"

Tron roms are redumped as the one that played in MAME "A" wasn't 100% accurately dumped.

MAME "B" is release wirth code to play Tron "2" and not "1" as "1" was an inferrior dump.

MAME "B" won't play Tron "1" due to those checksums when it loads

Also, MAME "A" won't play Tron "2" for the same reason about checksums

So, to play Tron on MAME "B" you'd have to download Tron "2" somewhere.

Clear as mud?

A little confusing, but very true... I couldn't have said it better.

MasterControlProgram
User

on Wednesday, August, 06, 2003 6:43 PM

hmmmm well Tron is not my problem.. i can play ALL the Tron games....just fine...

Tha game i can;t run is Aliens... i love that game.. and i can;t run it! im trying to find a version of MAME32 that will play it.....

Thanks for all the help..!

End of Line..where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 MAME latest version?