TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Spinner not spinning!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
adyre
User

Spinner not spinning!

on Saturday, August, 16, 2003 11:40 PM
My joystick works, the trigger works, the player buttons work. The spin doesn't spin. The optical card is there, the cable is hooked up and has power.Does the spinner hook into a different area than the joystick on the PCB? Any ideas?

Oh, and what is that big long yellow cable good for, it's been hanging loose since I bought this thing?

Only Solutions.......

Nikster
User

Re: Spinner not spinning!

on Sunday, August, 17, 2003 1:42 AM
adyre Wrote:My joystick works, the trigger works, the player buttons work. The spin doesn't spin. The optical card is there, the cable is hooked up and has power.Does the spinner hook into a different area than the joystick on the PCB? Any ideas?

Oh, and what is that big long yellow cable good for, it's been hanging loose since I bought this thing?

I am not a technician (not by a long shot)...I have never seen the inside of a Tron cabnet...but...have you tried hooking the long yellow cable that has been hanging loose since you bought the thing to the spinner or something???

Or...maybe...have you cleaned it? Maybe the spinner thing is so gunked up that something is not maiking contact???

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

adyre
User

on Sunday, August, 17, 2003 2:17 AM
The question is where to attach the yellow ribbon wire. I don't want to fry my Tron. The optical card is clean the spinner optical wheel is clean. Thanks, tried that.

Only Solutions.......

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, August, 17, 2003 2:57 AM
I'll provide some pictures tomorrow of where the long yellow cord goes in mine for you.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

adyre
User

on Sunday, August, 17, 2003 1:03 PM
Great!

Only Solutions.......

adyre
User

on Saturday, August, 23, 2003 9:08 PM
I put one of tomwiz's power adapters in today. Fixed my shaky scattered screen and the spinner problem. So if your spinner doesn't spin first check you power voltages, then order one of these amazing devices.

Only Solutions.......

Compucore
User

on Saturday, August, 23, 2003 9:31 PM
Adyne So what was really wrong with it. Was there not enough power going to it? Or was it just not plugged into something else inside the machine? Just curious to find out. I always like watching other technicians in their fields like this doing what they do to repair machines Like Tron And Tron deadly disks. I wish I had a machine of my own. Like tron or some other arcade game to repair and see how well I do in getting it fixed up and running. FOr the fun of it and the pleasure of reaping the rewards of playing the game afterwards.

adyre Wrote:I put one of tomwiz's power adapters in today. Fixed my shaky scattered screen and the spinner problem. So if your spinner doesn't spin first check you power voltages, then order one of these amazing devices.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

adyre
User

on Sunday, August, 24, 2003 1:17 AM
on the spinner board connector there are 13 pins. Pin 1 gets 12v pin 2 ground pin 13,12 5v. My pin 13 was not getting 5v. I traced the wire from the harness all the way to the power board, no 5v plus the old battery was leaking acid all over the place. I pulled the board put in the MCR adapter kit and voila 5v to the spinner. I was going crazy. I haven't played my favorite childhood game in 20years and now the spinner wouldn't work. Now it's fixed. The adapter also fixed a wicked shake in the monitor picture. I capped the chassis board with no luck. Now it works fine and I've been playing non stop. I couldn't have done it without the help of R. Cross. There's a website called tron project that has tons of valuable info on restoring a tron. I got his name from there.

http://www.kineplex.com/tron.htmwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Only Solutions.......

Compucore
User

on Sunday, August, 24, 2003 11:45 AM
KEwel (VBG) At least we know now on how to avoid a problem like this if it ever shows up again. Its a good thing that you did the tracing that you did on it. Sounds right the way you did it to find out that it was missing that on those two pins. And was able to get it going along with getting rid of the shake on the monitor.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

CalvinSpiff
User

on Saturday, December, 27, 2003 7:18 AM

The yellow cable is the Earth-cable, which must be earthed.

That's my solution.

CalvinSpiff VERSION 175846984630476903874.875640467036975689

I'M DEPRESSED!

REALLY DOWN IN THE DUMPS! =)

BUT I'M STILL DOING MY JOB, FOLKS.
-

Spaceman Spiff... Brit-Tron fighting for TRON.

VROOOOOOOOOOMM!!!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Spinner not spinning!