TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 TRON: Virtual Lightcycles -- A Proposal

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
FusionAddict
User

on Wednesday, September, 24, 2003 12:36 AM
Working at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Tomorrowland, one of the things I noticed was the lack of attention given to TIMEKEEPER. There were persistent rumors that it would be closed down or transformed or everything else. Being familiar with the inside of the building, I know that there is a ton of space inside that's just going to waste.

The Tron 2.0 Lightcycle racing engine seems like it would make a pretty good transition to arcade. Disney has also perfected technologies for fast-responding, high-quality VR environments. So how about combining the two into an arcade-style attraction?

Picture this...a motorcycle-style bench with padding on the seat and on the front so players can lean forward comfortably. Players wear VR goggles which allow them to look around the interior of their lightcycles. The grip is a simple rod that slides forward to accelerate and back to brake, with thumb buttons to move left or right.

Players are divided into teams of four. Three stacked platforms with eight pods each are in the arena, so there can be up to 24 players and three matches at a time. Three scoreboards over the queue area update spectators on the current scores. The individual pods also have video monitors so you can see a third person view of any player's cycle. The attraction can be changed dynamically, so team matches or every-man-for-himself matches can take place. Game rules can also be changed dynamically, so you can either have non-timed last-man-standing matches or timed matches where players have infinite lives and he with the least derezzes wins.

Well, what do you think?

The Clu abides, man...

FusionAddict
User

Re: TRON: Virtual Lightcycles -- A Proposal

on Thursday, September, 25, 2003 12:08 PM
^top^

The Clu abides, man...

88MPH
User

Re: TRON: Virtual Lightcycles -- A Proposal

on Thursday, October, 02, 2003 1:09 AM
I'd buy one now

I miss the good old days of arcades, and I think a new one could be done with lightcycles. Almost like a simulator. That would be very cool.

-S

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade