Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Light Cycles anyone please !

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
User_Program
User

on Thursday, September, 25, 2003 11:50 AM
there arn't enough people in the light cycle servers. I realy don't think its because there's not enough people I think users are giving up to ezzy. It takes some time to get good enough were your not crashing into walls. But after you log a couple of mile your set! I have found the best way to get good is to spend a little time on your own praticing. IMHO I think light cyles is the the best out there not to discredit discs but after a while it gets a little same old same old. I was in a couple of circuits the other day with layer.dll . raptorhawk , drlk , and I think mutoidman was there, they were team based games and I'd like to see more of these servers out there. So I hopfully some of you will be witness the brilliance of Light Cycles. Testify! LOL!

User_Program

Particle_Man
User

No Title

on Thursday, September, 25, 2003 1:37 PM
I like the cycles too, but after playing a few times watching people make turns and do paterns that cant even be done in single player kind of ruins it for me.

i dont want to accuse people of cheating, but it seems a little fishy to me that this stuff is possible at all, much less w/ 50+ ping.......so i dont play much.......or when i do it's like playing w/ bots (better than the SP bots)

macros suck, play like a user not a program!

P-MAN

Particle Man

User_Program
User

Re: Light Cycles anyone please !

on Thursday, September, 25, 2003 4:34 PM
I agree with you Particle_Man I get some great comp from the bots and I do see a lot of cheater and I know a lot of cheaters in tron 2.0 but for the most part they are just messin around and I have 120 to 140 ping on almost all the servers out there and I still can hold my own very well. I would like to see ya out there Ill keep an eye out
Peace
User_Program

dIrK
User

on Friday, September, 26, 2003 3:58 AM
Particle Man, nobody uses macros in Lightcycles. I for sure don't. It just takes practice and some quick reflexes.

It's really nice User_Program that you are spreading the word about Lightcycles. It's depressing how void the servers are of ppl these days. I really think one of the biggest problems is the amount of bugs in the games which hopefully the 2nd patch will address. Also creating some kind of ladder/ranking system would be nice. And for the ppl like ParticleMan who don't appreciate the differences in pings, they should create a ping lock system similar to Armegatron. Which until playing that game I didn't think could be done. But it can.

Hope to see you on the LC grid!

WMain00 Productions
User

on Friday, September, 26, 2003 8:07 AM
I held lightcycle arenas for a while on the demo version, with many complimenting there low pings. Unfortunately, my broadband is dead, soooooo you'll have to wait until i'm back up again.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

WMain00
Director of WMain00 Productions

Particle_Man
User

on Friday, September, 26, 2003 6:37 PM
dIrK Wrote:Particle Man, nobody uses macros in Lightcycles. I for sure don't. It just takes practice and some quick reflexes.

I know you dont.....altho i admit the first few times i played you i thought you might be one, but after a few games playing w/ and watching you i realized you're just good. But there are times when i see people do things that shouldnt be done.....but i havent said anything because i've been playing games online long enough to know it's better to be absolutely sure before you go accusing people.....=) so i just play and lose (sometimes) and try and get better

Particle Man

Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, October, 10, 2003 11:03 AM
I agree too, the Lightcycle game is one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had. Fast paced, adrenaline rush like the best racing games out there, and at the same time calls back to the golden age of video games with it's non-analog controls and one of the first multiplayer game concepts ever devised. I'd love to see it grow into something larger.

I do agree though, that people can get discouraged very fast with it. One thing to keep in mind, and I've already seen a number of people doing it.. teach & encourage the Noobs. The learning curve in this can be really nasty in multiplayer when you only live for 5 seconds into the race. That's not much time to learn much of anything and is very discouraging. The type that makes someone quit the game and go play something easier. Doing something like this in the clans wouldn't be a bad idea either.

'>

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer