Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 More Traditional Multiplayer - with ALL primatives

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, October, 10, 2003 4:55 PM
I know there have been mentions of this in the other 2.0 forums, but wasn't gone into very extensively. We need a more classic deathmatch style of multiplayer, with access to ALL the primatives. Maybe it doesn't seem to fit in with the gamegrid matches, which is why I'm guessing it isn't already included, but I was thinking of a more different plot for it in the form of missions, along the lines of Counter-Strike, with two teams trying to achieve or prevent an objective from being completed. And also, like Counter-Strike, players will have only one life per match. This also helps solve any questions about the upgrade system as I'll explain further down.

A couple of ideas for missions:

Software Piracy - A group of programs are sent into a computer to locate and bring a datafile back to an exit transport node.

Saboteur - Enter a computer and upload corruptive code into a kay location. Then prevent the other team from activating countermeasures to stop the corruption.

Deadly Virus - (Think along the lines of Alien or Predator.) In this case, it is all players on one team against another team of just one. The lone player plays the role of a powerful, but stealthy virus, with a unique array of weapons, whose purpose is to eliminate all programs in the vicinity (the other team).

(as I saw in the general 2.0 forum under what would we like in an expansion, I agree, KiaPurity, it's the best) Capture the Flag... err... File. This one could allow for respawning in high-scoring games, unless we wanted to have it like real-world CTF in which to win, a team only needs to possess both its own flag and the enemy's.

And of course, classic free-for-all and team deathmatch.

Ok, now that we're through that.. the upgrade system.

Also similar to how Counter-Strike works, each player is given a certain number of upgrade points (configurable in the server settings). Before the start of each match, the players are given the oppertunity to use these points to purchase upgrades. This includes ALL primatives and subroutines. (all players are given the basic disk for free).

During the match, when a program is killed, his coredump contains all the upgrades that he had. Anyone can come along and download one or more of those upgrades into her software, provided she has enough energy for the transfer.

Upgrades do not accumulate into the next match, and players will have to repurchase them.

So, what do you think? Questions, comments, suggestions?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

'>

Phoenix_Dfire
User

Re: More Traditional Multiplayer - with ALL primatives

on Monday, October, 13, 2003 2:34 PM
You could even have a different kind of Team Deathmatch. Each team plays as one of the four types and has their approprite primitive.

Team One - ICPs - Disk Primative.
Team Two - Light Cycle Players - Rod Primative.
Team Three - Virus - Ball Primative.
Team Four - DataWraith - Other (Can't remember, never used it).

Either Team Deathmatch or a game of Capture the 'Bit' ?

I Plan to Live Forever or Die trying

Tron Fanatic
User

on Monday, October, 20, 2003 3:59 PM
Cool idea. My only concern with it would be some players getting stuck with a weapon they're absolutely no good with.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

'>

flynn1978
User

on Monday, October, 20, 2003 6:01 PM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:Cool idea. My only concern with it would be some players getting stuck with a weapon they're absolutely no good with.
It's a bit like my qualms with MP RTCW...not everyone has a fair share of ammo (or tools, etc.) It has to be carefully crafted to make me want to play it more than once.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer