New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TheJediUnit
User

Side art image...

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2003 2:44 PM
Hi folks.

I've soooo BUSY!!! ARGH!!!

Well, I have been squeeking in some time to totally recreate my side art. In some old thread I described how I half-planned to go about it. Well, I took some good photos to use as template/guides, and coupling it with Illustrator, Photoshop, a Pantone swatch book, rulers, a careful eye, artist touch, and a load of patience, it is most definately coming together. I'm actually recreating the graphics 100%, but the composite/photo in the middle will be a restoration project in photoshop resulting in what will wind up being nearly completely rebrushed and honing detail to the extent the whole thing will likely look better and sharper than when brand new. I'm conducting some color tests on the 36" Espon I'll be printing it on when finished so it'll be ready when I get done.

So, here's a question...

Does anyone have an electronic file (photoshop basicly) of an exceptionally clear scan or photo of the center photo image of the side art (with Sark, Tron, etc.)? I don't need the other graphics. I have art I can work with, but if anyone has something superior I can work with, I'd appreciate it.

Lemme know, and you can email it to me. I have a T1 connection so size is no problem.

Thanks.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

Re: Side art image...

on Thursday, October, 16, 2003 9:35 AM
Shucks, well, it didn't hurt to ask.

I'm going to be experimenting with some other ways of capturing an image of the photo to save me as much restoration work as possible. I'm desparately trying to resist the temptation to cut that area off so I can put it on a Jazz scanner and be done with it. I don't wish to do that because (while I'm confident in the final results to come of my replacement decals) I'd be "committed" to it in having finished off the originals in the process.

I wish I could just hang the scanner on the side of the game and scan it right off, but this scanner is like 70 pounds or so and I'm just not gonna lug it home to deal with that mess.

I'm gonna try some digital cameras and such. I'll mention how it goes if your interested.

Oh, and if anyone needs the electronic files of all the graphics that go around that photo, I'll be done with it soon and can email it to anyone doing the same sort of thing.

Laters!

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Side art image...