Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 DEdit Walkthrough

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Inode
User

DEdit Walkthrough

on Saturday, October, 18, 2003 3:34 AM
Man, I can honestly say I've gotten nowhere with this thing. The manual is horribly stupid, and as a result, I'm appealing to the pros among you to explain a little something to me.

First, I have completed the first section of the tutorial. I managed to create two simple rooms separated by a hallway. Now when I run the map, how do I switch the default game type from single player to multiplayer disc arena, have my player rez in with a disc and a few subroutines? As of right now, he rezzes in empty handed with no subroutines. And before you ask yourself if I've really read the manual, the answer is yes I have. I'm a manual-reading kind of guy. The hazy description explaining how to create and include my LEVELINFO.TXT file with my map to define weapons and subroutines just ain't workin' for me.

--
Inode 2.0
Future Control Industries
Toronto, Canada

dmiller
User

Re: DEdit Walkthrough

on Friday, November, 14, 2003 1:23 AM
Hey there, instead of using the GameStartPoint object, try using the ArenaStartPoint instead.

cirlin
User

on Friday, November, 14, 2003 2:32 AM
I asked about this a while ago at tron20.net and got a good answer, it worked for me:

Easiest way:

Put the following in the 'command' field in the GameStartPoint properties: Msg Player (AcquireWeapon Disc)

You'll have the weapon, but it won't be in your hands. If you want it equipped at level start, use the following:

Msg Player (AcquireWeapon Disc); Msg Player (ChangeWeapon Disc)

Also set the 'SendCommandOnRespawn' appropriately.

Hope it helps.
Posted by: heliumphoenix (8:59PM PST, Oct 29, 2003)abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Layer.dll
User

on Friday, November, 14, 2003 8:22 AM
I you are running the level in Dedit..then the only way to get the subroutines is to use the weapons cheat, as this is not ment to be anything but a walkthrough mode. If your running it from a rez file then edit it accoring to cirlin's method above.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 DEdit Walkthrough