Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 T-Junctions and Clean Building

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Inode
User

on Wednesday, October, 22, 2003 10:58 AM
I'm aware that it makes for good practice building levels cleanly. Thing is, how important is it to fix all the t-junctions that appear on a level? It looks like it would be time-consuming at the very least. For instance, I opened up the rings sample level and the amount of criss-crossing lines in it is staggering. It's even worse viewing the levels from the side. Is there an automated way of repairing t-junctions, or is this something that unfortunately has to be done by hand if it's even necessary at all?

--
Inode 2.0
Future Control Industries
Toronto, Canada

flynn1978
User

Re: T-Junctions and Clean Building

on Friday, October, 24, 2003 10:02 PM
How do you open up (set up-decompile) the sample levels for Tron?

I can't get it to work...and I dont' know what exactly to do 'cause the instructions are a lil vague.

I read you're supposed to use the command line or something, but what and where is it?

Is it on like the windows start menu or in the Tron directories somewhere...

I just don't know and it's peeving me major.

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Falty
User

on Friday, October, 24, 2003 10:40 PM
what i did was use the lithrez batch file, modified it to unpack the samplemaps.rez file. Then when i opened up DEdit i opened that .DEP up

Falty
User

on Saturday, October, 25, 2003 4:57 AM
T-junctions should be addressed during the building process so you don't have to go back and repair. Use the ';' key often to hide that clutter and concentrate on the model at hand. The processor will fix the T-junctions but you don't want to leave the processor up to its own devices concerning your precious new level do you? NO...the document stated that while it will fix the T-junctions there's no tell how your lighting will look after it's done.

flynn1978
User

on Sunday, October, 26, 2003 2:33 PM
Falty Wrote:what i did was use the lithrez batch file, modified it to unpack the samplemaps.rez file. Then when i opened up DEdit i opened that .DEP up
Can you give me a runthrough of what you typed?

I tried something like that but it didn't go over well.

Help!

flynn1978
User

on Sunday, October, 26, 2003 5:57 PM
I just tried copying the bat file and modding it to unpack the sample maps rez, (this copy I made was put into my My Docs dir and seemed to work with no problem-I don't think I have to change dir.s) and it said file error or something after I finally got what seemed to be a correct directory edit, and nothing seemed to work...

Even if I got that to work somehow, I still wouldn't know how to load up the sample levels in dedit....I'm 50/50 success/stuck in the mud with the editor and it's a lil' jarring...

*I need a Sark's Brew, but my user can't unpack it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Falty
User

on Sunday, October, 26, 2003 7:21 PM
tell me how your tron directory is structured...did you install it all in the default location?

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels