Status Bar 
 *Scuzzy walks into the I/O Tower...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Scuzzy
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 1:23 AM
...and proceeds up to the Tower Guardian. The Guardian looks down to Scuzzy and speaks:*

"Welcome back, Program. Your User calls for you again?"

Scuzzy smiled at the older program and replied.

"Yep. RSanford calls me. May I pass?"

The elderly program smiled at Scuzzy with a paternal fondness. He loved watching programs pass to the Input/Output streams so they could communicate with their Users.

"All that is visible must transcend beyond to the realm of the invisible, to the realm of the Users. You may pass, Scuzzy."

Scuzzy grinned and hopped over the steps and into the I/O stream. Scuzzy removed his disk and offered it to the blue light that took hold of it and began communicating with his User.

"Scuzzy_Data.exe, confirm location." came the voice from above.

"Confirmed, RSanford!" Scuzzy replied. "What's the good word today?"

"There's something radically new coming down the pike for me, Scuzzy," The voice said, "I'm starting a new career for myself and I'm taking you with me. Stand by."

This announcement caused a brief moment of panic for Scuzzy. What was his User going to do? He had always trusted his User and RSanford never steered him wrong, even upgrading him so he wouldn't be discarded, but not knowing made him a little nervous.

"Okay Scuzz, here we go." And Scuzzy's User began uploading programs into Scuzzy:

//install: C:\Morton\MortonDiskChecker.exe
//install: C:\Morton\MortonDiskDefrag.exe
//install: C:\Morton\MortonVirusScan.exe
//install: C:\SpywareKiller\SpyKill.exe

Scuzzy's circuts glowed with new routines. "Up until now you've either used these routines in a limited fashion or by using others who have had them. They're now yours. If I'm going to repair Users, I want you to repair your fellow programs. I know it's a lot, but I know you can pull it off. This is RSanford signing off."

Scuzzy left the I/O tower in a daze. He felt energized and ready to help his fellow programs in any way he could. Even the Tower Guardian noticed the difference, and wished him luck.

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Nikster
User

Re: *Scuzzy walks into the I/O Tower...

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 12:33 PM
Wow.....coooooooooooooooooool

So...are you a doctor or sumthin' now???

Cuz my back's been acting up a little lately....

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Scuzzy
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 1:01 PM
Well, my user tells me he's going to school (it's kind of like having subroutines added, but it takes a lot of cycles, apparently) for be a medical assistant and x-ray tech (whatever that is) for Users, and wanted to upgrade me accordingly. Who'd have thought?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 1:04 PM
Oh wow...well, best of luck to him

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Trace
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 1:57 PM
How very noble. I wish many good cycles to your user!

Speeder
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 2:01 PM
Does that mean we'll be seeing you less from now on, anyway good luck and best wishes in the future program. (Only for if you don't stick around)

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Status Bar