Other Sectors 
 I MISS DOS!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
Kamui
User

Re: I MISS DOS!

on Tuesday, November, 01, 2005 9:31 AM
Compucore Wrote:Well we shall see when it comes out when they start makingthe hacks for it. It is just a matter of time for it.

kmon Wrote:The 360 is running on a modified win 2k core as well, thats confirmed. We have no idea how 'modified' it is...have been bugging my buddies in the xbox division for a while about this. Its rumored to have .NET framework, either way you should be able to interact it with the 360 over the network. The 360 can also read network drives and play content (movies, music). I'm really interested to see how the hacks go for this system. Remeber its power pc architecture, so you can't just excute random bits of x86 code on it. You will have to recomplie for the new architecture.

I'm guessing that they stuck with Win 2K because it's much more stable. I think that it actually makes a lot of sense to stick with it because lets face it, do you really want your Xbox crashing on you left and right that often?

~Kamui.EXE

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Tuesday, November, 01, 2005 6:00 PM

Well, having just bought a PSP and awaiting the PS3, I doubt I will be buying the X-BOX 360.

In fact, I wouldn't have my X-Box I have now if it weren't for Tron 2.0

What are the supposed launch titles for it?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, November, 01, 2005 8:06 PM

Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:In fact, I wouldn't have my X-Box I have now if it weren't for Tron 2.0
Same here. I only own 3 games for my Xbox (one being Killer App), and I only bought the thing because those games didn't come out on the PC.

The only "console" I'd buy now, is probably a handheld. Most likely the GP2X.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, November, 01, 2005 9:23 PM
I'm staying away from, Consoles and portable game players here. I'm sticking with some of the more useful computers like the sparcstation, Ultra 5 worksations from sun And a few others over here that are not well known right now. Something that I would rather tinker and get them going and start getting a good mod on them.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Tuesday, November, 01, 2005 9:30 PM
redrain85 Wrote:
Same here. I only own 3 games for my Xbox

Although, I guess I should say I have played several games on the X-Box that have been awesome.

1) Tron 2.0
2) Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee.
3) Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
4) Dragon's Lair 3D
5) Fable

All WELL worth having the X-Box.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kamui
User

on Wednesday, November, 02, 2005 11:40 AM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:
What are the supposed launch titles for it?

PERFECT DARK 2! (This one does have me quite excited despite the fact that I'm not planning to buy one of those new XBoxes.... ^^;; )

~Kamui.EXEorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

kmon
User

on Wednesday, November, 02, 2005 4:18 PM
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion looks amazing. I'm not planning on getting a 360. But im definitly going to have to 'borrow' my buddies and play through this game.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, November, 02, 2005 11:12 PM
kmon Wrote:Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion looks amazing. I'm not planning on getting a 360. But im definitly going to have to 'borrow' my buddies and play through this game.

I played Morrowind (ES III) for a few days. It was fun up 'til the point where I continually got my ass handed to me by anything and everything that was in the game. Still not sure what happened, but I eventually got frustrated and gave up on it.

Qix77
User

on Monday, November, 09, 2009 1:32 PM
Does anyone know if DosBox is compatible with Windows 7?

Anyways, I'm curious.. What were some of your favorite DOS games from back in the day. Here is a list of mine.

Tie-Fighter
Doom 1&2
Descent 1&2
Rise of the Triad
11th Hour
Brix
One Must Fall
Epic Pinball
Extreme Pinball
Bobble
D.R.O.D.
H2O
Cyberia
Journeyman Project (actually it was a Win 3.x game)
Heretic
Hexen

Star Trek (I can't remember which one but it was a point and click adventure game)

Space Hulk
Mega Race
Duke Nukem 1, 2 & 3D
Commander Keen (all games)

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, November, 09, 2009 2:18 PM

Qix77 Wroteoes anyone know if DosBox is compatible with Windows 7?
Yup, DosBox works in Windows 7. That's what I'm hearing.

I need to install the final version of 7. I'm currently still running the RC trial. I want to switch, but it's just so much work to backup, format, reinstall, and get everything back the way you like.

Favorite DOS games . . . wow, it's been so long that I can't even remember them all any more. I guess one of my top picks would be Out of this World/Another World. That game was amazing for its time. Oh yeah, and the various Sierra adventure games. I miss those. Particularly the Space Quest games.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

tron_man_63304
User

on Monday, November, 09, 2009 8:25 PM
DOS ROCKS

i remember....
i had a lot of the educational games from mercc
i however liked ancient empires(i think it was DOS)
i would still play it but its on a 3.5" and a huge one that i don't know the size of (not to mention that it would crash our old windows 95)

Back by Unpopular Demand.

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, November, 09, 2009 9:44 PM
Descent and Descent II.

I play them through the DXX-Rebirth ports, though. Runs so much smoother and at a much more bearable resolution than DOSBox provides, and online multiplayer through Hamachi. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Qix77
User

on Tuesday, November, 10, 2009 12:34 AM
There are a lot of DOS games that I've missed out on. I ran across a massive archive of games and I'm looking for suggestions. I played all the popular games back in the 90's but looking for some other good games that may have passed me by.

TronFAQ Wrote:

I guess one of my top picks would be Out of this World/Another World.

I had that game on the Amiga before my DOS days and it was a really awesome platformer. I believe they used the same engine for 'Flashback'. Someone did a video on Youtube about they guy who made Another World and it's really an interesting story. If I can find the video I'll post it here.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Alan1
User

on Tuesday, November, 10, 2009 9:34 AM
Hell, I miss BASIC!!abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, November, 11, 2009 12:59 AM
Does any one remember that infmous application from Quaterdeck QEMM386 for memory management and there was one that would let you multitask in dos something similar to like what you would do in Unix for multiple terminals in dos. I cannot rmemeber the name of it though. But it was also made by quarterdeck as well for a multi terminal ODS application. You could have up to 12 dos windows on it.

Just another quick update here. I found the Application that I was thinking of when I had just posted this right afterwards. Here is the link it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DESQview/Xwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Qix77
User

on Thursday, November, 12, 2009 12:26 PM
'Fool's Errand' was another awesome game. It was a series of puzzles that progressed the story. With only PC-Speaker sound (and not much of that) it still was a very clever game. I'm going to see if I can find that and play it again.... Wow, I just remembered that.

Compucore Wrote:

Just another quick update here. I found the Application that I was thinking of when I had just posted this right afterwards. Here is the link it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DESQview/X

Wow.. that is cool. I'll have to see if I can find it and try it out (if it works with DosBox).

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 I MISS DOS!