TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 TRON Arcade - Original Unit Pics

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 12:14 AM
For those who have or desire a TRON Arcade Machine, here are the pictures I have in my collection of the first unit ever built.

These photos were given to me by a well placed friend. They were a duplicate set.

These are the photographs Bally/Midway sent to Disney to show the final design.

Take a look!

The Unit
The Unit - 2 views
The Main Screen
The Tank Game
The MCP Cone Game
The Grid Bug Game
The Lightcycle Game

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

Re: TRON Arcade - Original Unit Pics

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 12:38 PM
You know I wish that they were still being built or at least refurbished to some extent. Cause I would enjoy something like that for my room to play with. It would be enjoyable to play a game like that from my youth. I guess I could only dream about it.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

curtishart
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 12:46 PM
Compucore Wrote:You know I wish that they were still being built or at least refurbished to some extent. Cause I would enjoy something like that for my room to play with. It would be enjoyable to play a game like that from my youth. I guess I could only dream about it.

Actually, you'd be suprised how easy it is to get a cabinet and refurbish it nowadays. You can now get reproduced sideart, control panel overlays, inside sideart, spinner decal, TRON joystick insert and marquee and I believe either they have repro'd the blue joystick or are in the process of repro-ing these.

I even know of a guy who took a Tron cabinet, put MAME in it to boot directly into the Tron game and after it boots, you couldn't tell it apart from the original hardware.

There's nothing cooler than seeing a full Tron upright in your living room

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 1:05 PM
Its just the $$$ factor for me right now. If I could Believe me I would do it within a picasecond. But since there is no $$ coming in for me. It'll just have to wait somewhere along the lines.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

flynnsplace
User

on Saturday, December, 06, 2003 11:25 AM
man I wish my machine looked that good.

Great pics DaveTRON thx!where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

===========================
"on the other side of the screen it looks so easy"

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, December, 06, 2003 1:48 PM
So do I. So do I.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Nikster
User

on Saturday, December, 06, 2003 7:45 PM
Random question...

Did Midway ever make another arcade game using the same cabnet design?

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, December, 06, 2003 10:16 PM
The TRON Cabinet was used for at least two other games as I recall, but they were mostly quicky redos and not "front line" games as I recall. I think if you check Killer List of Video Games you will find info on the reuse of TRON's cab.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Qix77
User

on Sunday, December, 07, 2003 2:37 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:The TRON Cabinet was used for at least two other games as I recall, but they were mostly quicky redos and not "front line" games as I recall. I think if you check Killer List of Video Games you will find info on the reuse of TRON's cab.

KLOV is a really awsome site. I often go there just to check out pics from many of my fav. classic games. It's really great site.

My brother is trying to do the same with his pinball site, but only solid-state pins and not electro-mach pins. He has a lot already.

Man... I sure miss the old arcades...

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2003 2:39 PM
My game looks that good.

...until I wake up.

Nah, but it ain't bad at all.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, December, 19, 2003 1:41 AM
Given time and energy, mine will look that good in 2004. I actually have two cabinets now to refurb. The second one will be going to a good friend. I like the idea posted in another topic about making it a multicabinet that plays all known TRON games.

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Friday, December, 19, 2003 1:47 PM
Just curious to find out. With the amount of time spent on repairing the game itslf. I know that it'll be priceless to you Davetron for putting a lot of elbow grease into it. But will the value of the restoration of the game will it go up in value of what the game is worth. I always wondered if it something like antiques that go up in value or like the comic books that people can collect as a hobby.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

CalvinSpiff
User

on Monday, January, 26, 2004 2:43 PM
I saw those in the gallery. You don't need to show us it again!

CalvinSpiff VERSION 175846984630476903874.875640467036975689

I'M DEPRESSED!

REALLY DOWN IN THE DUMPS! =)

BUT I'M STILL DOING MY JOB, FOLKS.
-

Spaceman Spiff... Brit-Tron fighting for TRON.

VROOOOOOOOOOMM!!!

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, January, 26, 2004 4:40 PM
Those are the images from the gallery. Since I wanted to start some discussion on the topic, I linked them to the message here.

How about you consider what you are about to say before you type it in? There was no need for your comment.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, January, 26, 2004 4:42 PM
Karl,

I just realized I didn't answer your last question.

I really don't know if the restoration process increases their value.

It does of course increase the personal value to me, but as for real market value, that would be debatable.

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Monday, January, 26, 2004 7:17 PM
Dave,

Yeah I know the elbow grease that you have put into it will be priceless. from a person who owns one. Cause you know what it took to get it back up into mint shape. And it shows by the workmanship that you have done on it. That is why I was curious to find out. If there was a kind of like what they have for like Antique things you know. Or cars for that matter since they are becoming a rare thing thing to find these days.

I thought that there was a kind of a blue book for arcade machines or something similar to that effect for them. Cause it is interesting to find out when you seen them brand new in price or if you have a place like Mira Amusements http://www.miraamusement.com/Htmls/ENusedVideoArcade1.html

Anyways It's still impresive with the work that you have done to the machine.

DaveTRON Wrote:Karl,

I just realized I didn't answer your last question.

I really don't know if the restoration process increases their value.

It does of course increase the personal value to me, but as for real market value, that would be debatable.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

flynn1978
User

on Monday, January, 26, 2004 10:54 PM
Your arcade pics just reminded me of something.

I'd like to see a patch to 2.0 where in the opening movie, the vid screen for the Tron arcade game Jet plays is sized correctly (the aspect ratio is a little off), and I'd like to see the screen react like the 1.0 game when you die-where you see the screen go to game over once Jet loses the tanks level.

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, January, 27, 2004 12:12 AM
Yeah, we'll get right on that.

DaveTRON

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade