Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Wachovski brothers copy from Lisberger (old news)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
daredevil
User

on Friday, December, 05, 2003 1:59 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and also new to the Tron phenomenon. I was born in -77 and Tron was made in -82, I think. I can't believe I have never seen this movie before!!! I heard some rumours of this movie, bought the DVD and was blown away. It's now my favourite movie.

Of course I am a huge fan of the Matrix trilogy, who isn't. I thought before that the wachovski brothers made up something very original with the Matrix concept. A computer world with AI programs running here and there... also humans running around in the computer world. In Matrix the computers and the programs were originally created by humans, the users. Wait a minute. That seems a lot like the idea Steven Lisberger had in Tron. Hey, doesn't that mean that the wachovski brothers rip off Steven Lisbergers original idea, which was created almost twenty years before the Matrix?

It's inevitable, Mr. Anderson...

DaveTRON
User

Re: Wachovski brothers copy from Lisberger (old news)

on Friday, December, 05, 2003 6:38 PM
Let's just say there are a lot of striking similarities!

DaveTRON

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, December, 05, 2003 10:57 PM
You know, I've only seen the original "The Matrix" - I have yet to see the sequels...

*pauses a moment while people raise eyebrows in amazement and gasp*

But I clearly remember while watching the original "The Matrix", thinking how almost 20 years prior people were on "the game grid" interacting with programs in a virtual world.

I sat there thinking the producers of this movie MUST have been huge TRON fans.

I enjoyed "The Matrix", but TRON had already stole my heart in terms of this genre of film. As dated as TRON is (by today's standards) - I still think that the amazing visuals in TRON are probably the coolest and amazing imagery I've seen in a film, and the concept of entering the digital world, or cyberspace as it's now called, is one of the coolest concepts.

Seeing TRON in 1982, when all that stuff was cutting edge brand-spanking new, was just so amazing to me. It left such a big impression on me. I wonder, does it do the same to the younger generation of TRON fans, who've seen TRON only after seeing so many more modern films that incorporate visuals of today's visual FX wizards?

I can't see how TRON wouldn't blow anyone away, but that is because I saw it when nothing like that ever existed before - I mean, I felt like I got digitized in to that computer right along with Flynn - moving around (via the amazing computer animation) in the 3D electronic world of TRON was just sooooooooo cool!
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, December, 06, 2003 3:08 AM
I really want to see what we could do with it today. How cool would a modern TRON look?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

daredevil
User

on Saturday, December, 06, 2003 4:50 AM
I can't see how TRON wouldn't blow anyone away, but that is because I saw it when nothing like that ever existed before - I mean, I felt like I got digitized in to that computer right along with Flynn - moving around (via the amazing computer animation) in the 3D electronic world of TRON was just sooooooooo cool!

In Tron Flynn gets digitized into the computer world, in Matrix Neo is awakened into the real world. It's really a very similar kind of sequence! Unbelievable if you think about it. There are just so many similarities. :>

I am a younger generation Tron fan and I really was blown away by the effects, well maybe it is because I have alway been interested in computers and sci-fi stories. But this movie really is unique with the technique of backlights and combination of computer graphics. It's unbelievable it didn't get an Oscar!

It's inevitable, Mr. Anderson...

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, December, 06, 2003 7:47 AM
daredevil Wrote:
It's unbelievable it didn't get an Oscar!

Yeah - they got robbed. It's amazing how TRON was snubbed for a visual effects Oscar because the Oscar committee felt that they cheated because computers were used to create many of the visuals.

These days, the films that win the best visual effects Oscars, it is almost always because of the computer generated visual effects.

Interesting, isn't it?

Compucore
User

on Saturday, December, 06, 2003 3:46 PM
Yeah that is true. But you know what Therealtodd. At the time when Tron came out and the Oscar were snubbing it. I think it was that they had thought I can only guess right now. Is that they were not too sure on it. Because back then Computers were slowly starting to revolutionize industries back then. For filming, gaming, production, and what ever else you can think of that would use computers these days.

When you compare like you said from todays films and back then. Its obivous now that its more accepted using computers help out in the filming industry.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Goldfish.zip
User

on Saturday, January, 03, 2004 12:50 AM
i'm only 17...does that make me "the younger generation of tron fans"??? it premiered 4 years before i was born

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, January, 03, 2004 1:23 AM
I think it's great that TRON can reach across a wide age range.

DaveTRON

FusionAddict
User

on Sunday, January, 04, 2004 12:56 PM
WHY THE MATRIX IS *NOT* A RIPOFF OF TRON

A) In TRON, the virtual world is not, in fact, virtual, but a real space where the AI live and work together, usually in harmony. THE MATRIX is an opiate of the masses, a way to control and use human beings by stimulating brain functions.

B) In TRON, difficulties are not always settled with violence, but with quick thinking. For example, when Tron and Yori are aboard the carrier, it's highly possible that they could simply have used a few well-placed discs to take out all the guards an escape. And they would have, had this been a straight-up action movie, like THE MATRIX, where it's live by the gun, die by the gun.

C) Simply because premises are similar does not mean they can't be fresh and original. The family-oriented adventure of TRON, the bizarre SF leanings of EXISTENZ, the film-noir-ish THE THIRTEENTH FLOOR, the throbbing action and psychological twisting of THE MATRIX...all four, COMPLETELY different styles of movie, yet all similar in premise: adventures inside the computer realm.

D) In TRON, all the women walk around in extremely tight, form-fitting costumes. In THE MATRIX, all the women walk around in extremely tigh....um, strike that.

The Clu abides, man...

foilism
User

on Sunday, January, 04, 2004 1:09 PM
I'm 17, I like to think of it as more, second wave fans.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Program BASIC
User

on Wednesday, October, 12, 2005 10:13 AM
I think it's MATRIX RELOADED which predates TRON (and hugely). In TRON, the idea of "conscious" and "antropomorphised" Programs was well executed and strangely "believable". In RELOADED it was contrived and sincerily bad executed. Still, a good film.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

is program's best friend. Don't betray it --- NEVER!

Euphemizm
User

on Wednesday, October, 12, 2005 11:30 AM
Yeh, Tron was the reason I got into visual effects.

It rules.

Hey RealTodd, if you haven't seen the Matrix Sequels you may be better for it.

They are great films but the original is the best IMHO.

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, October, 12, 2005 12:06 PM
Euphemizm Wrote:Hey RealTodd, if you haven't seen the Matrix Sequels you may be better for it.

They are great films but the original is the best IMHO.

I personally thought each Matrix film was a step down from the last. Effects wise, definitely stepped up each time, but as far as engaging story and lasting value to me as a fan? No. I'll stick with the first film only for that.

DaveTRON

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion