Other Sectors 
 SPYWARE.. Law

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
XenoTron
User

Re: SPYWARE.. Law

on Wednesday, December, 17, 2003 8:04 PM
anytime a program does something without me knowing about it, i don't like it. If spyware is installed on my comp without my knowledge or is sending info without my consent, that should be illegal. If it asks me if i want it to send information, or informs me that it wants to connect to its server and gives me the OPTION to agree or not, then i don't care about spyware. But i agree, any program that installs itself onto your computer and also WON'T let you uninstall it should be illegal. There is no practical reason for a program to not allow you to uninstall it.

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, December, 18, 2003 1:22 PM
Something I am getting sick of is 'Opt Out' events. I really hate hearing 'Hey, you are automatically signed up, if you decide you really don't want to see farm animals on motorcycles, click on the following link to Opt Out of our offer". It's annoying.

My options should only be to 'Opt In' if I decide I am interested.

DaveTRON

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 18, 2003 4:29 PM

I remember when a cable company local to me ("It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood . . ."), used the "Opt Out" tactic. You would automatically be subscribed to every new channel that came out, unless you said otherwise.

Of course, these new channels were not announced far enough ahead of time, in order for the customer to make a decision. So you'd get a bill for the new channels, and then have to try and wrest a refund out of the cable company afterward, if you didn't want them.

People got so upset about this, that the government stepped in and made a law that major utility companies can't pull that kind of crap any more. Now customers "Opt In" instead.

The Canadian government did something right . . . for a change.

P.S. The "It's a wonderful day" quote is a hint as to which company I'm talking about. I'm sure Compucore can guess. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Qix77
User

on Sunday, December, 21, 2003 12:45 AM
I really would love to unite a large enough crowd to protest SPYWARE and to get the goverment involved. I never protested anything before so I'd need some help if I do....

Wait a sec... I did protest before.... everytime I'm kicked out of our local pub... lol

But I'd really like to get the attention of the goverments of North America, and the UK since most majior sites that I visit are of these countries. And I would hope it would spread to other nations to make laws against SPYWARE.

But I'm an idiot and can't follow through with anything. But I'd like to try.

necron_demon
User

on Sunday, January, 18, 2004 2:24 PM
there is only one way spy whare sould be legal, and thats if you get the choice of w/ or w/o spyware.
and even then, only to send you specs to the people who made it so they can take poles of the people who purchased there product, and what other products they make that you have. thats IT.

Somebody set up us the bomb!

Compucore
User

on Sunday, January, 18, 2004 2:36 PM
I would have to agree with you on that Davetron. I hate those too with a passion especially when they com in email form into my in Box. I don't know if anyone else is using a program that logs into your email server to let you know what emails are waiting for you. But I had heard of one that I know of and use on a regular basis. As I head about it on the local radio station up here in Canada. Its called Mail washer. http://www.mailwasher.net is the web site address. You can download a free one for a single email or purchase the otherone that will work on multiple email accounts. Even ones like hotmail that is a free email service. I don't know if it will work with yahoo or netscape.

Most of my emails now that I do get and I recognixed quickly are the ones that I let in personally when I get my eemail. And its a good thing to have as for checking email.

DaveTRON Wrote:Something I am getting sick of is 'Opt Out' events. I really hate hearing 'Hey, you are automatically signed up, if you decide you really don't want to see farm animals on motorcycles, click on the following link to Opt Out of our offer". It's annoying.

My options should only be to 'Opt In' if I decide I am interested.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 SPYWARE.. Law