Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Constructing a TRON circuitry suit...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Darksaber7
User

Re: Constructing a TRON circuitry suit...

on Wednesday, December, 31, 2003 7:35 PM
Hmmm... So fat this foam isn't looking too good. It cuts easy enough, but it also tears easy. It migh be hard to make anything precise.
Tomorrow (HAPPY NEW YEAR!!) I'll see how it reacts to some paint.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

kmon
User

on Wednesday, December, 31, 2003 7:48 PM
well, instead of using the foam like some pillows are made out of...Dark, I assume thats the stuff you are using. Look into two part foam, just by a higher density if you want it hard. You can make it SUPER hard, I've used it to carve molds out of.

make sure to check this out:

origonal tron costumes

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 31, 2003 8:04 PM
kmon Wrote:There are lots of way of constructing this. You need to ask your self how 'real' you want it to look, or feel...

Well I'm a perfectionist, so the suit will need to be of quality as close as I can get to that of the actual ones in the film.

In terms of the glow - I've already got that part of the formula worked out. The suit really isn't for show... I mean, it is but not like a Halloween costume or anything like that.

I will be taking some liberties in my circuitry suit, but I want to remain (in general) as close as possible to what might have appeared in the film itself.

I kind of found what won't work well for me today when I ventured out. That tells me to look in to other avenues to for that part. I'm not going to discount the Motocross thing all together - I might be able to find some vintage stuff if I keep poking around.

Or perhaps I’ll get some custom made parts. I'm not against paying a professional to construct some custom components based on the photos from the set of TRON and my own input and ideas... so long as it doesn't end up getting too pricey

I'm very happy that the programs here are offering some great suggestions. I know something workable will start to take shape.

I don't find it odd at all that fans of TRON have some powerful creative energy!

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, December, 31, 2003 9:53 PM
Todd,

I bought a Cooper SK 2001 helmet on Ebay a few months ago and I am in the process of converting it to a desk lamp. I bought a Cobalt Blue glass head that I am using for a base. I am putting light inside the head and probably going to use 3M lighted strips like we used on our E3 booth two years back to light the circuit patterns on the helmet. I can actually do wide swaths with the light tape and paint over or cover the sections I don't want to show. The same might be doable for the suit, bit it could be bulky and you'd need a mobile power source.

the Cooper SK 2000 and 2001 are the same as the helmets in the film for TRON and Flynn. I still haven't found the right brand for the baddies yet.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, December, 31, 2003 10:25 PM
This is just another idea on my part. It can be easily shot down for it. And it might be expensive too so I don't know. How about using some Fibre Optics to make the glow effect on the outfit. Something that dowsn't really a lot of power for making the glow. And can be easily hidden away underneath a belt or within the clothing with a 9 volt battery. Like I said its an idea. I have seen like at Radio shack they used to sell these tings that had fibre optics that changed colors all the way through. you know. But it was like for a table top of some sort.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 01, 2004 8:58 PM
DaveTRON - Your TRON lamp sounds like a really cool project! You'll have to post photos of it in all it's glowing glory when completed

Wow, Compucore - fiber optics for the glow?

I have to admit - that would be pretty cool looking!

See - no shortage on creative ideas from this group!

I actually had the glow part of the equation pretty much worked out in October. I used a specially detailed glove for some glow tests. It didn't glow too well at first, but I worked on it and a few gloves later, I got it lit up pretty well. I know the circuit suits in TRON have no circuitry on the hand itself, but I needed something small and easy to work with for some experimentation. I won't be using circuitry on the actual hands in my completed suit.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Trace
User

on Saturday, January, 03, 2004 2:15 AM
Oooh, this will be fun to watch. Thanks for sharing your construction journey with us, TRT! order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, January, 06, 2004 6:40 PM
Check this out:

http://www.time.com/time/2003/inventions/invluminex.html

What pointed me to this was a post I saw here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=4265&s=0495772d545f6dce646908042bf84371

Where the poster said "Too bad they didn't have this for making the Movie TRON.. would've saved em a ton in special effects costs. "

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, January, 06, 2004 7:09 PM
Yeah for sure. Just need to know thje price on how many feet you need of it. And like I said it was just an idea. Don't need a hugmongous thing for making them glow. Just enough toi have either a red or a blue glow to it. Or Gold for that matter. I know another user here that has a digicon in that colour.

It just occured to me when you mention about the suiit. And it hit me like a tone of brick afterwards.. I think it would work for both the suit and the helmet I think.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, January, 06, 2004 7:55 PM
Yeah - that's a cool find, wwwmwww!

Very cool stuff!

You know - I originally thought they just used special reflective materials when they made TRON - I had heard of how they could use certain types of film to make the reflective material appear to illuminate more than to the human eye. I leaned in the mid 90's that they used back-lit animation. It truly is amazing they were able to pull it off at all, considering what they had to work with.

As a kid, I kept trying to create a TRON like suit using tape on my cloths and a black light. I would color the tape (masking tape) with fluorescent crayon, and then apply it to cloths in TRON-ish shapes and then look at it under my black light. It didn't quite work so well, but it was fun.

Now here I am, more than 20 years later, taking a much more serious approach.

I'm getting closer in terms of what kind of "armor" to use for the chest and shoulder pieces.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to apply the circuitry detailing to the pieces. It will be a certain kind of pain I'll be using (still researching in that department for exact type of paint), but I'm not sure how to make it look as straight and perfectly oriented as in the film.

Stencil?

Project a design then trace & paint?

Hmm.. that will take some more work. Not to that stage yet, but must think about it.

Hopefully, this weekend, I'll be checking out some new finds for the upper-body parts.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Trace
User

on Tuesday, January, 06, 2004 10:47 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:Project a design then trace & paint?

Hey, now. Let's not make assumptions. I'm a good painter, but these days you gotta pay.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 07, 2004 5:52 PM
Trace Wrote:

Hey, now. Let's not make assumptions. I'm a good painter, but these days you gotta pay.

Haaaaaaaa!

Cute, Trace

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, January, 07, 2004 6:42 PM
THereelTodd, I was just wondering is it that we're coming up with all these other ideas that could be done for what you want to do in making the outfit for yourself? Or is it that the project of the suit is just overwhelming to try and do? Just wanted to know.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 07, 2004 7:25 PM
Compucore Wrote:THereelTodd, I was just wondering is it that we're coming up with all these other ideas that could be done for what you want to do in making the outfit for yourself? Or is it that the project of the suit is just overwhelming to try and do? Just wanted to know.

I've been pondering and even planning how to constructing a circuitry suit for several months now. This project is in fact one of the reasons that brought me to this message board.

I've had ideas and thoughts on how to make it and I've read about how a few other people have made theirs.

My personal talents are more in the realm of digital artistry. When taking on a project such as this, I'm a bit out of my element. I want the suit to look good and turn out good - I'm looking to create something of TRON film quality in the end.

I knew if I posted here that I was going to make a circuitry suit and was seeking some guidance that I'd get some great ideas - and I was right. I'm getting GREAT feedback on this.

I've already considered new ideas and concepts because of input from the good folks here - things that I would probably have never come up with all on my own.

The project will probably go pretty slow - I don't have much free time so it's going to be mostly a weekend thing. But I'm going to make a serious attempt at this. I'm still gathering data on it all, but once I start pouring my hard earned dollars in to this - it's GOING to get done.

I guess I am feeling a bit "overwhelmed" at the moment... but that's never stopped my before. If it becomes something that I can't really get just right on my own, I'm not against enlisting professional help.

I am a perfectionist. I really want this to look like it could have been in the film itself. When I'm not exactly sure how to go about things myself - I ask.

The level of creative ideas people are offering is very impressive - I think it's GREAT!

In my researching - I think I've come up with a workable upper-body piece that would look kind of RAM-ish in nature. A guy at work actually put me in the right direction when I showed him a photo of video warrior's upper-body part on display. I never would have thought of trying what he mentioned.

Step one - get (and make) the parts of the suit.

Step two - paint the parts with base the color (may take a few coats)

Step three - figure & chart (draw a plan for) the proper circuitry detailing for the parts

Step four - figure out how to get the desired circuitry designs on the parts (this will be the tricky part)

Step five - hope that step four worked out well

Step six - light it up... and capture some (hopefully) impressive footage to show everyone

Step seven - well, that depends on the success of step six

Here’s a small b&w of the actual gloves I used in my glove demo in October:

Of course, they're not “lit up” in this photo. I had the most success with the glove on the right. It was that one that told me I could make this a reality. The completed suit will not have circuit detailed gloves - this was just for early testing purposes.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, January, 07, 2004 7:48 PM
SOunds like your going in the right direction. You know come to think of it. (ANd you know how thinking is a good thing at times in anything. ) Take it in small steps do like what you do in your things that you do at work for your digital artistry. Make small progression steps. And sometimes doing the smaller pieces then bringing those into the bigger projects.

I like to think of this in this way when I am working on programming. Whether it is in any programming language that I am using for the project. Break it down into smaller managable pieces. As I finish off those smaller section bring them to where they are needed into the bigger pieces of the project. And eventually voila. the whole thing is complete after debugging and testing the living daylights out of it to make sure everything is working properly. ANd doesn't come up with Devide by zero. (Worste case scenario in programming.)

I am sure that you can apply it to your circuitry suit that you have here.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 07, 2004 8:01 PM
Compucore Wrote:...make sure everything is working properly. ANd doesn't come up with Devide by zero. (Worste case scenario in programming.)

I am sure that you can apply it to your circuitry suit that you have here.

Funny thing - there will be some degree of "debugging" involved in my project too. I just hope I don't end up with a "divide by zero" myself

You hit the nail on the head though - with the "small steps". I'll be working one part at a time and learning along the way.

And as with programming, I'm sure sometimes I'll have to scrub what I've got (this part or that) and start all over again to get it right.

It will be an enjoyable project and a good learning experience.

msblast
User

on Wednesday, January, 07, 2004 8:23 PM
Just a weird idea I had, maybe you could get something like this :

and wear something like this :

over it.

F?eel>th;e /co^rr*upt()ion!

Red5
User

on Thursday, January, 08, 2004 5:46 AM
Hey! Contact [Edited]
She's the woman who made me my suit, albeit just the upper half. She works on British movies, and tv soap operas over here in the UK as a costume designer. But please, seen as your obviously serious about this, I'd be respectful if not everyone inundated Hilary with appeals for making costumes. She has very little spare time outwith her working schedule, but if you ask nicely she just might make it for you. You won't be disappointed, but be prepared to spend a bit of cash.

Cheers!

Barrywhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Trace
User

on Thursday, January, 08, 2004 2:39 PM
Red5, might I recommend that you PM that email to TheReelTodd and take it off of the public boards? You never know what whack might use her email addy for the Users know what purpose.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 08, 2004 7:01 PM
Thanks for the idea, msblast

I've actually checked out the motocross chest protectors like that in person. They kind of have a TRON look, but they've got lots of holes all over them and I need something more solid.

I've been checking out lacrosse gear on the net. It seems closer to what I'm looking for. I want to go and check out some in person hopefully this weekend.

Thanks for the contact, Red5. I am considering seeking professional help if I'm able to attain what I'm looking for, but I probably wouldn't want to bother someone who is as busy as she seems to be. I'm sure she's got her hands full with her own craft. I bet she did one heck of a job on your suit... BTW - do you have any pics of it? I'd really like to see what you've got.

And Trace is right - probably not a good idea to go posting people's e-mails in public forums. You never know what idiot out there will try something malicious with it, and of course there's the EVIL SPAM-bots that are always scouring the net in search of new e-mails to bombard with their unwanted mass mailings.

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Constructing a TRON circuitry suit...