Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 compiling the .rez, how do i do it?!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
msblast
User

on Tuesday, January, 06, 2004 10:41 AM
Title says it all. I have no idea how to compile the .rez file, the help file included doesnt make any sense, and I'm going insane! Can someone help me?!

F?eel>th;e /co^rr*upt()ion!

Nunyas
User

Re: compiling the .rez, how do i do it?!

on Tuesday, January, 06, 2004 1:19 PM
Here's what I do when I create the .rez file for my map.

1) Start with a empty folder and copy lithrez.exe into it.
2) Recreate the directory structure that you have for your map in the new folder(e.g. If it is a disc arena map you'll need to have WORLDS\RETAILMULTIPLAYER\DISCARENA or something very similar to that for the path to the tree).
3) Make sure you include any new textures that you've made or any other resources for that matter.
4) Run lithrez.exe with "lithrez -c worlds mymap.rez" (replace mymap.rez with any name you like).
5) Test your rez file out in-game by copying it into your ...Tron 2.0\custom\resources folder.

If you rezed up file with the correct directory structure and new assests (if any) then it should appear in your map list. If the file doesn't show up, then double check the path you recreated against the one that is in your ...Tron 2.0\game folder.

msblast
User

on Tuesday, January, 06, 2004 2:14 PM
Still not working. It makes a .rez file, about 1 KB, that has nothing in it. I don't have any custom models, textures, or weapons, do I have to include any other files than the .lta and the .dat in my world's folder?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

msblast
User

on Tuesday, January, 06, 2004 2:40 PM
Ahh there we go, got it working! Thanx for the help

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, January, 06, 2004 3:43 PM

Get WinRez LT instead. It will make your life a lot easier.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

CubicVirtuoso
User

on Saturday, July, 10, 2004 4:23 PM
Another way of doing it would be to just simply run the litrez.exe from your C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\Tools\ Folder. This will extract the game2.rez file to a foler called "game" in your Tron 2.0 folder. Then the game.rez file... then the gamep.rez (which doesnt work because gamep.rez does not exist; still dont understand this one)... then the sound.rez; the only files it does not extract are the gamep3.rez, gamep4.rez, gamep5.rez, gamep6.rez... but I guess you could manually self extract these files with WinRez LT (but I have had no use for these files yet). The game folder game will have all the necessary files to start building your levels. The entire process takes about 20 mins.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Riley Pizt
User

Yes, you do.

on Sunday, July, 11, 2004 12:48 AM
CubicVirtuoso Wrote:the only files it does not extract are the gamep3.rez, gamep4.rez, gamep5.rez, gamep6.rez... but I guess you could manually self extract these files with WinRez LT (but I have had no use for these files yet).
Yes, you do have a need for gamep5.rez. Do not build your maps using the obsolete versions of Object.lto in the other REZ files. Use the version in gamep5.rez. You cannot build proper derez mode maps without it.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

CubicVirtuoso
User

on Sunday, July, 11, 2004 1:38 PM
what about the other game#p.rez files?

Riley Pizt
User

on Monday, July, 12, 2004 9:57 AM
CubicVirtuoso Wrote:what about the other game#p.rez files?
You can ignore those.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, July, 13, 2004 7:17 PM
Isn't there a maximum number of REZ files (or levels) you can have in a folder -- like 10, or something like that? Seems like if you make too many, something bad would happen (i.e., corrupted files or something). How do I make sure I don't ruin any mod levels, or saved games, or anything because I swear this issue was reported a while back.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Riley Pizt
User

on Wednesday, July, 14, 2004 5:11 PM
Traahn Wrote:Isn't there a maximum number of REZ files (or levels) you can have in a folder -- like 10, or something like that? Seems like if you make too many, something bad would happen (i.e., corrupted files or something). How do I make sure I don't ruin any mod levels, or saved games, or anything because I swear this issue was reported a while back.
Nothing will get ruined, but if you try to load too many REZ files, the game will not function properly for that session.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, July, 14, 2004 7:23 PM
Cool. I just thought I remembered hearing an issue where modded files or saved games would get corrupted or something. Thanks!

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels