TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Discs of TRON Restoration

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, January, 20, 2004 6:28 PM
Woohooo!!! Major score today! I bought one of the harder to find pieces for restoring the back end of my Discs of TRON cabinet on Ebay. There are two back pieces of glass, the lower character art and the upper look through piece with a grid on it.

I was able to score that upper piece on Ebay today for only $10! I couldn't believe nobody bid against me! I think the reason was that the owner listed it as Disks of TRON instead of Discs of TRON.

Anywho, I am thrilled. I can actually reproduce the lower piece via a friend, so the major parts stopping me from building are now in place. The work begins!

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

Re: Discs of TRON Restoration

on Friday, February, 06, 2004 9:51 PM
Kewel Beans. And how is it going with the restoration there?? Is it amost complete?? Or are there some things that still need to be fixed on?

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Hale-XF11
User

on Saturday, February, 07, 2004 1:06 PM
Way to go, man! It sounds like your own perseverence paid off. I'm not entirely aware of your DOT ownership. Is it the stand-up or environmental? Either way, I envy you. Good luck with the final restoration process. Have you been posting pictures of your work in progress? It would be fun to look at.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

kyp
User

on Saturday, February, 07, 2004 1:16 PM
lets just hope its not one of those factory sawedoff EDOT's. Midway destroyed many nice machines!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, February, 07, 2004 8:03 PM
It is a factory sawed of EDOT as a matter of fact. They didn't mangle this one, so retoring the back isn't going to be too bad.

I just got the glass piece for the viewing area in the mail. It needs some work, but I can paint or do overlays to fix the damaged areas.

The floor section is my next target. I know some people who can help me recreate the big TRON plexi piece in the back and the rest is all framing and fabric and some electrical magic.

I will rebuild the missing back end from scratch. Side art will be an issue, but if I can get a good photo of a complete unit I can recreate that too.

This project is going to take a couple of years to finish. I am also restoring my TRON cabinet, converting a second TRON cabinet to be a computer based multi-game cabinet, and restoring a Star Wars upright. Lots of work to do.

I will be putting my restoration pages back online soon so you guys can see my progress. I had gotten sidetracked with my TRON Shrine pages and lost focus.

The Shrine is dead for now, although once I am able to get a camera feed out to the net you will all be able to look in on it if you like. I have installed security cameras for safety. Can't be too careful these days.

Look for the restoration pages to resume in a few weeks. I have a lot of projects going right now!

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Saturday, February, 07, 2004 9:13 PM
Davetron,

While we are on this subject. Do you remember a while ago. I had sent to you the PDF files for both the Tron Game and the disc of Tron. The actual manuals. I do not know if there are other people who have these games. But It might be beneficial to have that uploaded at least and with permission as well for that. Since there might be others who may need these manuals. I remmeber sending them off to you specially. Since you have both tron and disc of tron at your home there.

Just thought that it could be of use for others who may need the manuls as well for teh wiring diagrams and the what nots for the inside of the machine.

And on a side note as well. if I do get this sales job I might be able to get a small cocktail machine to fiddle around with or at least make a nice terminal with a old computer as a mame machine for it.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, February, 07, 2004 9:58 PM
I can't do that. Those are still the property of Bally/Midway and it is not legal to do so. I sort of enjoy working, getting fired over game manuals from 20 years ago isn't my idea of a good idea. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Saturday, February, 07, 2004 10:21 PM
Was only a thought. But thats okay. Just was wondering about it.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

kyp
User

on Sunday, February, 08, 2004 1:03 AM
just link to the KLOV pages for each game. The manuals are at the bottom of the pages.

@DaveTRON: you might want to check this out http://www.madocowain.com/Arcade/Discs/discs_1.htmlabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, February, 16, 2004 3:07 AM
Kyp,

I just checked out that link finally. Sounds like he's a step ahead of me and actually owns the back end already. Lucky him.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

e_ticket
User

Music Problems

on Friday, May, 07, 2004 1:27 PM
Hey there! Been tinkering for years on my own enviro DOT machine -- and the only problem I can't seem to fix is a strange buzzing white noise every time that one of the music files is triggered. You can still hear the music, but it's muffled by some sort of interference. All other sounds work fine...

Anyone else ever have this problem or know how to fix it?on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

writer.director.ideaguy - davecobb.com

mongo
User

on Friday, May, 14, 2004 1:20 PM
I have both a Tron and and Environmental Discs of Tron. I have a decent re-pro of the CPO, and Floor Decal which I have yet to apply. The guy who was making these no longer is. I got his last ones.
The art on my EDOT (uncut) is in pretty good shape on one side but a little beat on the other. I have been toying with the idea of getting it re-pro'd by a company that does the advertising stickers that cover the entire sides of cars/trucks. Anyone have an idea of how much this would run?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, May, 15, 2004 2:42 AM
I work with a company that might be able to do it and the estimate is between 500 and 1000 bucks.

DaveTRON

mongo
User

on Saturday, June, 05, 2004 1:22 PM
I was figuring $400-$600 so your company is not out of line. Before I can afford any of that, I need to sell some of my other games (Joust, Spy Hunter, Flash Gordon Pin...ect). My wife only supports hobbies that support themselves....order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

mongo
User

on Friday, October, 15, 2004 2:01 PM
I just spoke with a high school buddy of mine who is working at his family's print shop. He is going to re-pro the Environmental Discs of Tron sideart for me at cost. Now all I need to do is get it scanned into a computer and clean up the damaged/faded sections.....

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, October, 15, 2004 2:23 PM
Ooh! Ooh! Can I buy a set too? Can I help in some way? Let me know.

DaveTRON

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade