Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Hey everyone, nostaligia news from the Midwest.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page

on Tuesday, January, 27, 2004 5:26 AM
I'm a 28 year old art student who is an admirer of Mr. Mead's work and I've always tried to look for Tron memorabilia where I'm located. I can't get enough of 2.0, and it's kinda ironic that I was probably a 7 year old kid and visiting my family up in Antioch, California back in '82 when I rememeber Tron being out at theaters and my friends at school were really into it. My Dad had an Intellivision back then and we had copies of Deadly Discs and the game where the player was the Flynn character in the system up against the MCP. My parents also got me a lightcycle for Christmas which was a rare find back then and I still have it. Another irony, bought Tron 2.0 with money my parents gave me this year for Christmas and the 20th anniversary DVD which looks awesome even after all these years. I can also remember visiting an arcade with some friends in Peoria during my teenage years called Outer Limits that looked similar to Flynn's old arcade in the movie being on a street corner and all. They had an old Bally Midway arcade coin op of the original Tron there for $250 bucks that I wanted to get so bad because Tron was always one of my favorite movies back then. I sure hope that things could be arranged to bring it back to theaters somehow. I saw Dave's pic with Jeff Bridges and he and Bruce both don't look all that much older from back then. I thought I would suggest that maybe Pixar might be able to help with anymore Tron projects as well in the future. Please keep up the great work because you've defintely got a lot of dedicated fans who are eager to see more of that awesome Tron world. Cheers, and good luck to everyone in their future endeavors. Viva Buena Vista and the legacy of Tron!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Hale-XF11
User

Re: Hey everyone, nostaligia news from the Midwest.

on Tuesday, January, 27, 2004 12:09 PM
Eric1975 Wrote:... My parents also got me a lightcycle for Christmas which was a rare find back then and I still have it.

No kidding...and I thought the DeLorean was hard to come by. Very cool!

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion