New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Ghostbuster1984
User

Tron comic series CANCELLED!

on Saturday, January, 31, 2004 2:22 PM
"- Tron
January 31st, 2004

We regret to announce that 88MPH will no longer be publishing Tron comic books. We apologize to all the Tron fans out there and thank you for your support."

thats from www.88mphstudios.com

No doubt more of Micheal Eisner(CEO of Disney)'s trechary

88MPH
User

Re: Tron comic series CANCELLED!

on Saturday, January, 31, 2004 4:43 PM
I am truly sorry for the Tron fans out there, I dearly love that franchise, trust me I do, but what can you do, sometimes it works sometimes it don't.

-=S=-order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DJ Aussie E.
User

on Saturday, January, 31, 2004 5:09 PM
You didnt even release the first book! I AM SO SADon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Scuzzy
User

on Saturday, January, 31, 2004 5:31 PM
DJ Aussie E. Wrote:You didnt even release the first book, idiots.
Hey, try to pretend that they're really disappointed and upset about it too, okay? I don't think there's a good reason for you to call them names (and believe me, I'm sure that 88MPH are calling each other much worse).

Myself, I will observe a moment of silence for the premature death of the comic.

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Compucore
User

on Saturday, January, 31, 2004 5:59 PM
88MPH

We here for the most part at least who are Tron fans are sorry that you had to cancel it for what ever reason there were for you to do so. I am sure there was a really valid to discontinue it for some reason like you have said. Which we truely respect in this matter 88MPH.

D.J. Aussie that is no way to treat fellow tron secotor members here. Even I know better than that to not call people names. There were some decisions that were made that for whar ever reasons there were to either continue it or discontinue it. We all must respect each other no matter what. And even in this case for a Tron 2.0 comic book.

88MPH Wrote:The decison to cancel Tron was mine, and I won't disclose publicaly the ins and outs of such a painfull decision but the end result is the same.

I am truly sorry for the Tron fans out there, I dearly love that franchise, trust me I do, but what can you do, sometimes it works sometimes it don't.

-=S=-
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 1:05 AM
DJ Aussie E, act like a grown up would ya? Did you really want to give that appearance because up until now I thought you were cool. do you have any idea how hard this is for Sebastien and his team to do?

Folks, those of us on the Buena Vista Games side are saddened by this news too. I have gotten to know Sebastien a bit and he is a true TRON fan. The best kind of person to handle these comics.

While this incarnation is gone, the story is not necessarily over. I know how you all hate to wait, but my guess from all the signs is that more news on this topic is coming.

Be patient, and try to be positive. Support 88MPH too buy buying the books they are doing.

DaveTRON

88MPH
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 2:14 AM

KiaPurity
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 5:05 AM
It's just really confusing with the book being cancelled...

I mean, what with the interview and the order form... it seemed very very very out of left field.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

FusionAddict
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 1:49 PM
This does make me sad, very much so...although to be honest I doubt I ever would have seen a single issue on the shelves of our local stores.

We can all only speculate on the cause of this sad news, but I can safely assume a large amount of work has been done on the project...can you tell us if there are any plans to shop the property around to some additional comics companies for a final spit-n-polish and eventual release?

Perhaps maybe CrossGen or Dark Horse, since both have done a fantastic job handling movie properties.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

The Clu abides, man...

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 2:28 PM
I can only say that this story isn't over.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 2:47 PM
88MPH probably didn't get enough pre-orders, or they did a R.O.I. (or cost/benefit) analysis and found it would've been very difficult *for them* to profitably sustain Tron comicbooks for any length of time, or ever. They seem to be a relatively small company, only having a couple different projects at any one time. Thus, their production costs are likely high compared to other larger comicbook firms. ("Economies of Scale" comes to mind.)

Why do I say this? Well, because businesses are in business to make money. If 88MPH saw dollar signs at the end of the Tron comicbook tunnel -- enough dollar signs to recover all the high costs associated to their production and Marketing of this -- then they would've proceeded through to the final steps of publishing the Tron comicbooks.

But it's a no-brainer. They obviously didn't see the dollar signs (the Return On Investment). Why do I say this? Because they cancelled.

What business wouldn't want to make risk-free money? 88MPH saw too many risks, given their relatively small size and high production costs, so they cancelled.

Business is business. Sabastien said it himself in an interview regarding the Transformers publication (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/interviews/112402_clavet.html):

"Sebastien : Everybody has to be paid. Everybody has to eat. I certainly read the forums and saw that some artists were disappointed in not being contacted or chosen. Again I don't make all the calls; it was a mutual process between Hasbro and me as to what styles made it in. Again I do understand the frustration it created for some people, business is business and as cold as it sounds, hard decisions had to be made, otherwise the book would be 400 pages. I hope nobody was offended in the process that was certainly not my intent."

I find it odd when presidents of companies can't even spell or have a difficult time with grammar. Look at all typos in Sebastien's earlier post, assuming it was he who wrote it. Wow! "publicaly", "painfull", "don't"?? The above article mentions Sebastien is the President/Art Director.

Oh well, I guess it doesn't (or shouldn't) matter. You don't need the best English skills in the world to be smart and make wise business decisions.

-=-=-=-=-=-
The above is simply my thoughts on the situation. If no official word is going to be given by Sebastien, or anyone, then we are left only to theorize. We're free to post our opinions on what the real story is, no matter how off-base we might be. Until an official word is announced, I challenge all users to speculate on the reasons for this 88MPH decision.

But to Sebastien and others who have an "in" on the project: give an official word. Stop the rumors now before they get out of control.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 3:26 PM
Traahn,

I feel compelled to respond to a portion of your note. Take this as frieindly advice.

Sebastien is French-Canadian and his primary language is French, so translating and typing at the same time might lead to a few errors. If you had bothered to know that about him you might understand and not make such a comment.

I like to live the phrase "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Done Unto You", or at the very least "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."?

Perhaps by applying these before making comments like that in the future you won't be surprised when somebody does the same to you over your own mistakes.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

foilism
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 3:56 PM
Tis sad news, but my thanks go out to the 88MPH studio guys who got the oppertunity, thanks for even considering a tron-comic, good luck with other comics, thanks.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 4:04 PM
Sebastien, you at your team put loads of hard work into the TRON comic and I just want you to know that it's appreciated. I was really looking forward to reading Derezzed but things change. There you go.

I'll be keeping an eye out for whatever 88MPH comes out with other than Ghostbusters where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

foilism
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 4:07 PM
Well said indeed tronprogram, thanks guys.

Compucore
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 4:57 PM
I would agree with Davetron here. Sabastien is a french Canadian and he may have a hard time going from French to English for the people who speak only Englsih. I am the same way too when going from English to French when I speak with the french that live in my area. But you know what. Even though he may have made some spelling errors going from french to English I am willing to put that aside and still speak with him in either language. ANd not hold a grudge about it.

Its a part of every day life when you have to speak two or more languages. So long as you can get your point across without gtting into a heated arguement. THats fine by me.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 5:10 PM

Someone needs to edit the story on the news page about the comic . . . sigh.

As for why the comic was cancelled, I think Traahn is way off base. After investing what was clearly a lot of work in the comic, I don't think Sebastien and 88MPH would just toss it aside like that.

I have my own suspicions about what happened, but it's best not to dwell on them. All I'll say is this is a huge disappointment. And with Pixar apparently leaving their partnership with Disney, another serious damper is put on a potential new movie.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

88MPH
User

on Monday, February, 02, 2004 1:24 AM

Compucore
User

on Monday, February, 02, 2004 12:46 PM
Sebastian,

As for the grammatical errors that you had written in the posts are fine by me and for the others. I do know that it is hard sometimes to find the words being translated from one language to another. Whether its from French to English or English to French. So long as we all inderstand each other overall whether you make mistakes in translation should be fine. Since we are all here to have a good time. C'est vrai pour toute monde.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Alan1
User

on Monday, February, 02, 2004 2:33 PM
As TRON fans, we should be used to dissapointments. My first came when the movie wasn't as successful as it should have been. My second was when TRON 2.0wasn't as successful as it should have been.
MG

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron comic series CANCELLED!