Yuri helmet question

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
viscous
User

Yuri helmet question

on Friday, February, 06, 2004 3:21 PM
Sorry if this has come up before...

Did anyone else notice that Yuri's helmet changes during the movie? Earlier and later it's sort of a snug cloth piece, but in the middle (possibly when they're highjacking the solar sim) it's one of the hockey-like helmets like the main blue heroes wear? Anyone know why it changed / what the deal was?

DaveTRON
User

Re: Yuri helmet question

on Friday, February, 06, 2004 3:51 PM
The cloth helmet was uncomfortable for Cindy Morgan was what I was told and she asked to have a helmet instead.

DaveTRON

Nikster
User

on Friday, February, 06, 2004 4:38 PM
I always figured the cloth one was her 'work uniform' and the helmet as what she wore when not working...kinda like a basebal cap or something?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Esotek
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 06, 2004 4:38 PM
viscous Wrote:Sorry if this has come up before...

Did anyone else notice that Yuri's helmet changes during the movie? Earlier and later it's sort of a snug cloth piece, but in the middle (possibly when they're highjacking the solar sim) it's one of the hockey-like helmets like the main blue heroes wear? Anyone know why it changed / what the deal was?

Dave is correct, here is her response to the question in the 2002 interview she did with with Tron Sector which you can find under Articles: "Interviews" in the left Nav Bar....

In the scene on the Solar Sailer (and only that scene), Yori is wearing the same type of helmet as the male programs. The rest of the time she is wearing the same skull cap as the rest of the female programs. Is there an "official" explanation for this (ie: maybe there was some footage that didn't make the final cut or something)? - Lew

"One day I got fed up with the skull cap and I said 'I'm wearing this' and grabbed a helmet and put it on. You see, the skull cap was glued to my head. They put a wire in it to make it look perfect, because they were doing close-ups, and I would blister. Then they would glue it to the blisters. I grabbed a helmet because I saw one sitting there, they had extras. I'm lucky it was on the Solar Sailer because it kind of makes sense."

Compucore
User

on Friday, February, 06, 2004 4:40 PM
And to include with with davetron is mentioning. I think she also had a small rash of some sort. I don't know if she had an ellergic reaction to the glue that was used to hold the cloth helmet down. I could be wrong. Davetron is that about right. Please correct me if I mis interpreted that. I think it was on the 20th anniversay edition of Tron.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 06, 2004 7:14 PM
Aside from the during production reasons for the helmet change, I thought similar to what Nikster posted. It just made sense to me like that. Yuri has the "skullcap" version when working or more simply put, when participating in tasks may not be of her own choosing. And then there is the more traditional TRON helmet attire for when she is doing more of what programs do when they're tasks are complete and/or when they are growing beyond their original set of instructions.

So... what did you all like better?

Her skullcap look or her helmet look?

Darksaber7
User

on Friday, February, 06, 2004 7:58 PM
Helmet 100%. More of a warrior look.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, February, 06, 2004 9:25 PM
The helmet honestly looks comfortable to wear compared to the skullcap. ^^;

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Lew
User

on Saturday, February, 07, 2004 6:38 AM
On a similar note, I've noticed that Flynn seems to be missing the forearm armour on his left arm throughout the whole film. Anyone know why this is? At first I thought it may have been a conscript thing along with the half-tunic, but Crom seems to have the forearm armour on both arms which rules out that theory.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Yuri helmet question