Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 How do

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
flynn1978
User

How do

on Monday, February, 09, 2004 2:24 PM
Anyone know how to convert a map from one game to another?

I'd like to tranfer some Laser Arena maps to 2.0, and I think it's a Quake 3 engine game, so if anyone knows how to convert Q3 maps to Nolf or anything like that...

I'll give 'em a Sark's brew where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Riley Pizt
User

Re: How do

on Monday, February, 09, 2004 5:00 PM
flynn1978 Wrote:I'd like to tranfer some Laser Arena maps to 2.0
Laser Arena is a Quake 1 engine game. You can decompile its maps back into MAP format using utilities available on the net (don't have a link right now). Once you get the map into .MAP format, you should be able to load it into a map editing or model editing program like Milkshape and export it as OBJ format. You will lose all entities (weapons and item pickups) when you do this since those are game specific. You can then import the OBJ file into Dedit.

The OBJ file may not be the correct size/scale to make a Tron map so you may need to scale the file in the model editor before saving it. The texture maps may also be lost in the conversion process, so you may also need to retexture the map in Dedit. You will definitely need to convert all of the Laser Arena textures into DTX format for use by Dedit anyway.

flynn1978
User

on Monday, February, 09, 2004 5:34 PM
I didn't know it was Quake one engine...huh. That's pretty cool there can be such a cool game with such great bot capability with low system needs.

That's so cool that I can do that! I love the level designs for LA-they are so TRON-esque. Didn't know I could transfer the textures either!

Is MilkShape a program that has to be bought? Now that I know what to look for (pretty much) I'll look for anything that can do the job, but please do let me know if there's a link for those tools.

Cheers!

Riley Pizt
User

on Monday, February, 09, 2004 7:05 PM
flynn1978 Wrote:I didn't know it was Quake one engine...huh. That's pretty cool there can be such a cool game with such great bot capability with low system needs.

Laser Arena is very modified compared to plain vanilla Quake 1.

Didn't know I could transfer the textures either!

If I recall correctly, the textures in Quake 1 are stored in WAD files. Laser Arena uses 16-bit or possibly 32-bit textures compared to Quake 1's 8-bit, so they should still look decent in Tron. You will need to find a utility which can extract the texture files from the WAD file though. There are several available that will do the job.

Is MilkShape a program that has to be bought?
Milkshape is a 30-day trial program. It is $25 to register it. It is mainly a modeling program although the latest version can read Quake MAP files.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

flynn1978
User

on Monday, February, 09, 2004 7:18 PM
One word. Sweet.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 How do