General Discussion 
 TRON HD?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
gl
User

TRON HD?

on Monday, February, 09, 2004 6:14 PM
Well, I recently found MS' plans for high-definition films here. Turns out you can already buy a special edition Terminator2 DVD in the US, which comes with a 2nd disc encoded in Windows Media format - at high definition resolution.

(if you are Windows based and want to try some sample movies, you can download some here - but they require a powerful PC. My AthlonXP 1800+ can't play most of them, except for the Terminator one, which plays reasonably well).

Anyway, I mentioned this on the TRON mailing list, wondering if we'll ever see a HD version of our little movie.

And then, about a week later, I find this press release. In short, Disney is partnering with MS, to work on, amongst other things, "high-definition film"!

TRON HD, here we come : ).

FusionAddict
User

Re: TRON HD?

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 9:40 AM
Um, no, Disney is working with Microsoft to develop "new ways to piss off Steve Jobs."

Go Roy!!! Go Stan!!! Go Steve!!!
http://www.savedisney.com

btw...Cliff, Dave...is that site blocked on your office PCs as of yet?abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

The Clu abides, man...

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 10:51 AM
No. I read it all the time. I also don't think they are right.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 11:22 AM
TRON mailing list? Sounds interesting... can someone point me to where I can learn more? I went to the link section of this sight and didn't find it mentioned there but I did see a link for this:

Lightcycle spoof Sci-Fi commercial with Tony Hawk
Tony Hawk - I am Sci-Fi. The Sci-Fi Channel commercial with Tony Hawk spoofing a Lightcycle scene. You will be able to view the video in Quicktime format as it was released (4.4 MB / 37 sec) and also see some process footage shot against green screen.

However the link no longer works. I'd love to see this. Did anyone save the Quicktime file or know where this link moved to.

Thanks,
Carlwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Lew
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 11:46 AM
If you go to http://groups.yahoo.com you chould be able to search for the Tron group (soprry but I'm at work right now and I can't get a direct link as groups.yahoo.com is blocked). The ML is extremely quiet these days, though (I think a lot of people left after a certain member (and don't forget that there's more than one meaning of 'member' ) was adding code to his posts to deliberately screw with Outlook users).

Lew
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 3:08 PM
OK, here's the direct link to the Tron YahooGroup:

Click me

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON HD?