Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Here is an idea I've had in my head for 20 years..

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Darksaber7
User

Re: Here is an idea I've had in my head for 20 years..

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 12:44 PM
IsoLine Wrote:I wonder if the sidecar could come equipped with like a multidirectional disk launcher, so the passenger could lob disks or some other destracting projectiles at opponents.

"Sure it could. It would give the passenger something to do. Now for some reason I just got the image of Sean Connery saying "They got us son" stuck in my head."

The Last Crusade?

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 2:06 PM
Darksaber7 Wrote:The Last Crusade?

Yes... coincidentally I think that is also the last movie I've seen that had a sidecar in it.

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 4:48 PM
wwwmwww Wrote:Are side cars a thing of the past? I never seem to see them any more.

I was just at the 2004 New York International Motorcycle Show at the Javitz last month, and there were brand new H-D sidecars on display.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 5:43 PM
MutoidMan Wrote:I was just at the 2004 New York International Motorcycle Show at the Javitz last month, and there were brand new H-D sidecars on display.

I'm glad to see they are still around. I did some searching and found quite a few pictures. Check out this link:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MOT/POLI/en/tle.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US

A Harley Davidson police motorcycle with a sidecar!? How cool is that? Now I wonder just what part of the country you have to be in to stand a chance to see something like this on the street.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 5:51 PM
And now with more reflectivity and transparency turned on. Render time was a little over a day.

Enjoy...
Carlwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 6:40 PM

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Darksaber7
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 7:46 PM
*jaw drops*

Man, I want to drive that thing!

Very sweet.

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

Traahn
User

on Thursday, February, 12, 2004 3:00 PM
A day???? Yikes! Why does it take so long to render? What are your computer specs? I downloaded POV-Ray last night to start experimenting. But if it takes a day to render (or a week, as you've said before), LITERALLY, then I might be out

Dude. I thought computers were supposed to be fast these days...

If you have a 2GHz PC, I'm gonna cry (not literally).order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

wwwmwww
User

on Thursday, February, 12, 2004 3:13 PM
Traahn Wrote:A day???? Yikes! Why does it take so long to render? What are your computer specs? I downloaded POV-Ray last night to start experimenting. But if it takes a day to render (or a week, as you've said before), LITERALLY, then I might be out

Dude. I thought computers were supposed to be fast these days...

If you have a 2GHz PC, I'm gonna cry (not literally).

I've got a 1.5GHz PCV-RX380DS Sony VAIO. And as for why its so slow... its me. I'm very very new to Ray Tracing and I'm still learning what I'm doing. My model is FAR from optimized. I've see much more complicated scenes render in seconds. So please don't let what I can do effect what you think POV-Ray can do. I've just scratched the surface and very ineffectively at that.

I'm get better...
Carl

Traahn
User

on Thursday, February, 12, 2004 4:18 PM
"I've got a 1.5GHz PCV-RX380DS Sony VAIO. And as for why its so slow... its me."

Okay, that's more encouraging Thank you. I have no idea how POV-Ray works yet, or how you've been able to create a light cycle with it, but I'm very impressed with what you've been able to accomplish! Good job.

When I looked at the software last night, it looked like you had to create things via a bunch of numerical coordinates. I have no clue how you'd be able to build a light cycle with just coordinates! LOL So good job

wwwmwww
User

on Thursday, February, 12, 2004 7:53 PM
Traahn Wrote: I have no clue how you'd be able to build a light cycle with just coordinates! LOL So good job

You start with the simple stuff and work up.

Here are the first pieces of the light cycle that I made:

#declare rear_tire = difference {
sphere {, 85 scale }
cone {, 50 , 60}
cone {, 50 , 60}
bounded_by { box {, } }
}

The rear tire is a sphere compressed in the z-direction with two cones removed. So why did I give the tire a radius of 85 units? What are those units? Well in one of the reference pictures I used the tire had a radius of 85 pixels. So most of my units came from counting pixels in reference pictures I could find.

#declare rear_axle = sphere {, 17}

The rear axel is a simple sphere.

#declare rear_hub = difference {
cylinder {, , 56}
object {rear_tire}
object {rear_axle}
}

The rear hub is a cylinder with the first two shapes removed. Its not all that hard. Once you get all the shapes defined its just a matter of putting them together and assigning them a color and texture. Here is the piece of code that builds my light cycle with side car.

#declare cycle3 = union {
object {window2 texture {clear_black}}
object {rear_hub texture {clear_black}}
object {rear_hub translate texture {clear_black}}
object {front_hub texture {clear_black}}
object {side_frame2 texture {T_Chrome_5D}}
object {rear_axle texture {T_Chrome_5D}}
object {rear_axle translate texture {T_Chrome_5D}}
object {front_axle texture {T_Chrome_5D}}
object {upper_body2 texture {clear_red}}
object {rear_tire2 texture {clear_red}}
object {rear_tire2 translate texture {clear_red}}
object {side_car_window texture {clear_black}}
merge {
object {side_light_stick2_P}
object {side_car_body}
texture {clear_red}
}
}

Note the only numbers you see here are where I used the same part more then once (like the parts that make up the rear wheel) and I just translated over the copies. Once you've done it for a little while it comes very naturally.

Carlwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

shorty99
User

on Thursday, February, 12, 2004 8:03 PM
Dude, the pic rocks!on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Traahn
User

on Friday, February, 13, 2004 12:33 AM
The pic does rock! Thanks for providing some of the code for the light cycle. I think it will ultimately be very helpful. I tried copying and pasting the code portions of your last post wwwwmwwww, but it doesn't render anything for me.

It highlights this row in yellow, and indicates that there's an error with 'window2' possibly:

I assume I maybe need to declare 'window2' and some of the other variables you list in this section, like 'front_hub' and 'front_axle'... no? And also, will I need to create "clear_black," "clear_red," "T_Chrome_5D" and some other texture files somewhere?

How much more code does your lightcycle have, or did you post it all here in this forum?

Thanks again! Once I get the hang of this, I think it will be fun!

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

wwwmwww
User

on Friday, February, 13, 2004 10:13 AM
Traahn Wrote:The pic does rock!

Thanks...

Traahn Wrote:Thanks for providing some of the code for the light cycle. I think it will ultimately be very helpful. I tried copying and pasting the code portions of your last post wwwwmwwww, but it doesn't render anything for me.

I just posted pieces.... something to get you started. To see anything you need to position a camera and some light sources. Here... try this:

#include "colors.inc"
camera {location look_at angle 30}
light_source { White}

#declare rear_tire = difference {
sphere {, 85 scale }
cone {, 50 , 60}
cone {, 50 , 60}
bounded_by { box {, } }
}

object {rear_tire pigment {Red}}

This will draw the rear tire for you.

Traahn Wrote:It highlights this row in yellow, and indicates that there's an error with 'window2' possibly:

Yes... I haven't posted the code that defines window2 or the texture clear_black for that matter.

Here is an example of how to define a texture:

#declare clear_black = texture {
pigment { Black filter .95 }
normal { bumps 0.01 scale 0.5 }
finish {
ambient .1
diffuse .5
reflection .05
specular 0.4
phong 1
}
}

Add this block of code to the above and replace the last line with:

object {rear_tire texture {clear_black}}

and you'll see what the texture looks like.

Traahn Wrote:I assume I maybe need to declare 'window2' and some of the other variables you list in this section, like 'front_hub' and 'front_axle'... no?

Correct...

Traahn Wrote:And also, will I need to create "clear_black," "clear_red," "T_Chrome_5D" and some other texture files somewhere?

The clear_red and clear_black are ones I defined yes. See above. However some textures come with POV-Ray and don't need to be defined in your code as they are defined elsewhere. You just need to link to them. Add the line:

#include "metals.inc"

To the top of your code and you'll be able to use the texture T_Chrome_5D and many others. Try it.

Traahn Wrote:How much more code does your lightcycle have, or did you post it all here in this forum?

Well at first I had about 1200 lines of code defining it. I've now gone back and cleaned it up a lot and its now about 500 ot 600 lines of code and I'm sure I can clean it up even more. And no I haven't posted it all publicly anywhere yet. If I do it will probably be over in the newgroup povray.binaries.scene-files. However at the moment it isn't well commented and its full of many cluegy (is that a word?) work arounds where I didn't know how to do something the right way and ended up doing something I'm sure is terribly inefficient but gave me the effect I wanted. Read as I know my code is MUCH slower then it should be. If I were to post it as is anyone that knew what they were doing would laugh at me.

Traahn Wrote:Thanks again! Once I get the hang of this, I think it will be fun!

It is. Stick with it. I'd love to see what you can come up with.

Carl

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Here is an idea I've had in my head for 20 years..