Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Not again...HELP!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Darksaber7
User

Not again...HELP!

on Monday, June, 28, 2004 11:49 PM
Ok, This isn't the first time I've used Dedit to try to make Light Cycle maps. Every time I reinstall these tools some thing else goes hay wire on me.

By my second install (this time) everything seemed to be going alright. But when I went to run the game through dedit it just minimized, then closed. So I made a rez file and ran it through the game it's self. Same thing...

Here's what I have in my run fields:

Exe: C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\LithTech.exe

working Dir: C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0

Program Arguments: -rez Game +errorlog 1 +runworld %WorldName%

I've also tried several other popular program arguments, with the same result.

My process paths are:

project path: C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\Game

Out File: C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\Game\WORLDS\Outside.dat

My files (Outside.dat and .ltc) ARE in the Worlds folder.

There is a similar post here, with no answer. Anyone have any ideas?

And btw, I'm at the latest "official" version (v1x42ixp), with the second (13mb) release of the tools, and did not unpack GameDLL.rez.

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Not again...HELP!

on Tuesday, June, 29, 2004 7:03 PM

There's nothing wrong with your setup then. All your settings are correct.

However, I can make a suggestion. Don't use DEdit to run your map when you test. I found it unreliable and irritating. DEdit would sometimes crash and muck things up. Then when you try to run the game, it won't run.

Instead, when you're done editing, copy the map to "C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\Custom\WORLDS\RETAILLIGHTCYCLE\Outside.dat". That way you don't have to REZ your map, though you can just as easily do that. Whichever is more convenient.

So leave DEdit running, but copy your map to the appropriate place and run the game separately. Or exit DEdit and run the game if you don't have enough memory. I know it's a bit of a pain, but running the game from DEdit often caused problems for me.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Darksaber7
User

on Tuesday, June, 29, 2004 7:09 PM
Thanks, Faq. I just uninstalled / reinstalled the whole mess. I'll keep what you said in mind this time. I don't know why I tried to run it from the tools, I never bothered with it before...

I've finally got the hang of custom textures, Speed / slow zones, etc... Now I just gotta get the sound effects down... where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, June, 29, 2004 7:16 PM

Well, making a map was a pain, like I expected. I made one finally, about a month ago (Deathtrap), and I'm not sure if I'll do another one.

But don't let me get you down, keep at it! If you need any advice, let me know.

I guess why my map was a pain is because I went all out, to try and make it as fancy as possible, even though it was my first map. I think next time I'll go for something simpler.

Darksaber7
User

on Tuesday, June, 29, 2004 8:37 PM
Ummm... Yeah... Maybe if I hadn't deleted a rather important file from the RetailLightCycles folder, I wouldn't have been having so much trouble....

Oh, well. I'm a little rusty. (not to mention not that good to begin with ) But I got it to run through the game this time.

btw Faq, I hit your site ALOT when I'm messing with these tools! Great source of Dedit / TRON2.0 info. Hopefully this game keeps growing thanks to the help of you guys that do the "how to" pages and make the tools to work with the game .abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, June, 30, 2004 12:37 AM

Thanks.

I was going to do in-depth tutorials on how to make maps, but now I'm not sure I want to. It's a lot of work to write all this stuff up, and there's a limited audience for it.

But I'll keep updating the FAQ for as long as possible. (In fact, I just did today.) I'm thinking the Xbox version of the game will revive interest in . Here's hoping.

Darksaber7
User

on Wednesday, June, 30, 2004 6:48 PM
Ya know, I started a mapping walkthrough once. Actually made it mostly through the basics. I only gave up because I didn't have anywhere to put it and because I couldn't get a decent screenshot into any sort of file (remember, computer idiot here ).

I've considered doing it again on an AOL home page, Just takes time and motivation...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Not again...HELP!