Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 CTF Coming Soon

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Layer.dll
User

CTF Coming Soon

on Saturday, July, 03, 2004 3:26 AM
All you tron fans clammering for more game variety, there will be a functioning capture the flag soon. So far it is set for lightcycles only. However i will be adjusting for deathmatch etc. If disc map makes could send me a plain simple dm map ltc file for testing. I've never made disc maps so. time it will take will be longer. map just needs to have basic items. player starts etc.. no major detail needs to be done. just a box big enough..

a game test can be arranged for a lightcycle demo. for developers.
it will require 1 dedicated server, and atleast 1 player host cannot be allowed to play.

Other game variations that will work can be a random flag appointment. i.e. someone grabs it and gives it to random player.

Please also note: Currently there is no flag icons etc. There can be one but will become a game mod. Instead of without.

Note #2: there are a few server restrictions that would have to be used or game style changes..

Email raven_nh@hotmail.com for more info / ltc submitting/interest etc.

I do not claim 100% compatable with disc/dm as i have not even tested with it. It should work however.

* one last note.*

At this stage i am not willing to give coding. I will import into ltc file and return the .dat

thanks,

Email raven_nh@hotmail.com for more info / ltc submitting/interest etc.
or

The Tweaker
User

Re: CTF Coming Soon

on Saturday, July, 03, 2004 8:20 PM
W00t! Awesome! will finally have CTF! Can't wait to see it!where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, July, 05, 2004 7:39 PM
Capture The Flag - sounds cool.

I have no idea how to make mods like this. I'm looking forward to it when complete.

Is it like the disc arena, but with a much larger area to play in and a CTF theme to it?

Will it work with by just adding the new map?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

ravennh
User

on Monday, July, 05, 2004 9:30 PM
Well your answer is yes to all , It is not a mod, Right now it's set for Lightcycles, I will be adding code to derez/dm maps with the help of dso.x ( hopefully)
It can be added to other appropriate maps if the Ltc is available.
- Because this is not a MOD item it will not have your typical flag icons or notification stating 'realtodd has the flag' etc. In my new map and layers new map the flag will be a cluster of items, you can see it on website in layers folder, It will also be highlighted by a beam of light to be spotted from a distance. Like noted above, there is a timer, if timer runs out flag is respawned to original position to be picked up. IF player dies with flag, you will have to wait till timer runs out before picking up again ( if someone knows the playerdeath commands let me know).

Also it's a 1 flag item. whoever gets it gets it and makes dash for finishline. with teams its the same deal have your teamate protect you if other teamate has flag etc..

Other variations in process will be grab 4 flags to win is a possibility, grab flag and it gives it to random player is another option.

There maybe more lurking in the future..

Raven

The Tweaker
User

on Tuesday, July, 06, 2004 1:37 AM
I see you guys are testing the CTF system! The Suspects server was running one of your CTF maps. Where can I download it so I can join in?on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

ravennh
User

on Tuesday, July, 06, 2004 8:03 PM
Well its a test map, so there aint no real textures on anything. really kinda icky looking.. But its to test functionality. there will be another test soon, if your on the pgb2 site u can grab it and be a tester.

Of course theres only 7 startpoints and suspect/kat/dirk are mandatory testers..

Raven

The Tweaker
User

on Tuesday, July, 06, 2004 10:00 PM
I'd love to help test! What's the URL for PGB2?

ravennh
User

on Wednesday, July, 07, 2004 12:45 AM
http://www.patchgonebad2.d2gwebsite.com

The Tweaker
User

on Wednesday, July, 07, 2004 8:52 PM
Thanks! I've registered there and looked around some. BTW, the default theme makes it near-impossible to view your own profile. White-on-white, eww. Changed the theme and everything's cool, though.

Wasn't able to find the map in the Downloads section. Am I still too early?

ravennh
User

on Thursday, July, 08, 2004 6:55 PM
Well its not too early, as im still in testing phase ( final testing now) I manually add it to my personal folder, those that happen to be online are offered to test it. Usually Suspect hosts the test, mostly done between 10pm -midnight eastern timeabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

errorspooler.com
User

on Thursday, July, 08, 2004 7:41 PM
I have been working on a map similar to this concept without mods. I intended to put two data streams at the opposing team spawn points and the first team to get a player into the other teams data stream would win the match.
However I am operating under two severe handicaps.
1) I have not edited any maps since the DOOM days
2) This is the first map I am trying to make with this editor.

It's proving to be quite a challenge so far.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 CTF Coming Soon