Collector 
 Tron 2.0 figures... looking for opinions

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ettercap
User

on Friday, July, 09, 2004 11:46 AM
I'm a bit late in picking up my 2.0 figures, but I was checking them out on line and they look... well... for lack of a better word: flat. They look rather like comic book versions of the characters, and not as realistic as I had hoped. I guess I'm surprised at the apparent lack of detail and definition in the faces and bodies. Granted... I'm a bit spoiled after pouring over my McFarlane ALIENS movie maniacs figures.

I haven't purchased my 2.0 figures, but I just wanted to get some feedback from my fellow programs that have them, and get their critique of the figures (and be as nit-picky as you want - I like to hear all sides). Are they better in person than in photographs? Are they just mediocre figures? What're your thoughts?
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

01000101 01001110 01000100 0010000001001111 01000110 00100000 0100110001001001 01001110 01000101 00101110
Box Full of Sky

Re-Rez Ram
User

Re: Tron 2.0 figures... looking for opinions

on Friday, July, 09, 2004 12:37 PM
I am of the same opinion. I have been very late in picking up my 2.0's. I'm just not really liking the way they look too much. I'm still partial to the originals from the early 80's though. I would love to hear some opinions as well.

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, July, 09, 2004 12:46 PM
Well, I am biased a bit because of my job, but here is my POV.

They are by no means McFarlane or Moore type Action Figures, but they are pretty damn good compared to many other AF lines.

I am not certain where you can find them flat or undetailed, but I guess everyone has an opinion.

I personally find them very detailed, but not as well articulated as I'd like. Very limited posing options, especially with Mercury who only has one basic pose style.

That's my .02.

DaveTRON

Hale-XF11
User

on Friday, July, 09, 2004 6:45 PM
I'm still waiting on glow-in-the-dark versions, although I'm not holding my breath.

I do however have the figures that are currently available and was rather impressed myself with the detail and likeness of the game's main characters. I can't say I expected anything more or less from how they look or articulate, but I was a tad disappointed that the initial run didn't include versions with glow-in-the-dark paint jobs. It seems like it would have been something of an expectation to live up to considering the old movie figures had that. It's really what separated them from all my other toys and action figures at the time.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, July, 09, 2004 7:23 PM
The figures are pretty well detailed, imo. I really like them as they are.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

The PimpDragon
User

on Saturday, July, 10, 2004 12:46 PM
I've seen them on the shelves, but never picked them up.

I think I have to agree with others here and say I'd rather have the original Tron figures from 1982! Especially a lightcycle!

Now, they do look really detailed, but I'm big on articulation - which is why I've been disappointed with virtually every action figure line out there save for the exquisite Marvel Legends. Each figure comes with a cool base and has at least 26 points of articulation, although most have 30 points and up, while not sacrificing any detail to the characters.

Spider-Man, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Iron Man and virtually the entire collection look like they stepped right off the pages of a comic book. I have virtually every figure up on my walls in my home theater room and they are just too cool for words!

Now, if ToyBiz were to make Tron figures with that much detail and with their excellent sculptors, you'd have the best Tron figures that could ever possibly exist!

I find McFarlane to be highly overrated - unless what you want is a statue with a few moving parts. I was SO disappointed with Ash from Army of Darkness that I can't even begin to go into it here. I do have the Jaws set, as that is my favorite film of all time, and I have the Alien Queen, which was more articulated than virtually any figures he's released in the past 5 years. I have the original 2 series of Movie Maniacs, and that's where I quit.

I collect lots of action figures, and the Tron 2.0 figures I've looked at closely. But upon close examination, it doesn't look like they'd be very poseable.

Thanks, DaveTRON, for virtually confirming that for me. They look cool, but just aren't very poseable.

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, July, 13, 2004 4:27 PM
like the 2.0 figures. I would like NECA to do some more stuff that is TRON related, like new action figures of the characters from the film, but I guess thats just wishful thinking on my partwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

BlueTronWarrior
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, July, 14, 2004 3:54 PM
I have all the TRON toys made so far and I love them all. I don't like my toys like McFarlane figures, I mean statues, which is what they are. Point is, I'll take my TRON toys anyway I can get them, it's not like there are tons of toy companies doing the line.

Bravepants
User

on Wednesday, July, 14, 2004 5:35 PM
Hi programs,

Well I was very pleased with my figures when they arrived. I ordered them from the US. I was disappointed that they don't glow in the dark or even convincingly glow under a blacklight.

And I don't know about articulation because I display them in their original packaging! I just can't bring myself to open the packs!

Regards programs

"They may take our lives, but they'll never take our pants!!" - Walliam Willace

TimothyC
User

on Saturday, July, 17, 2004 12:06 AM
BlueTronWarrior Wrote: I don't like my toys like McFarlane figures, I mean statues, which is what they are.

You've hit the nail right on the head. I'll be the first to admit that I bought Spawn figures from day one. However after only collecting the first 5 series I quit due to their quality. The detail of the figures was flat out amazing, rather groundbreaking, but if you actually opened many of his fig's you found out the hard way just how easily they would break. I had one figure fall off my dresser onto thick soft carpeting and it actually broke at almost every point of articulation. I can remember looking down and thinking, 'no way that's possible' ;^). Another thing that bothered me was how fast the figures wore out. My Vandalizer figure developed loose limbs after merely trying to pose it on my computer desk. After 'playing' with it for just a few minutes, the figure could barely stand.

Mcfarlane realized this though and has ensured to some degree that quality no longer matters. By encapsulating the figures in the protective plastic display case/backer card, very few people ever open his toys these days. The newer style packaging looks 10 fold better than the old backer cards and is easier to keep 'mint'.

The one great thing that Todd has done for the 'action figure community' is force other toy makers into making better looking (ie more detail) figures. I can remember standing in Kaybee in '95/'96 (when the Spawn figures first hit) and staring blankly at all of the 10" Toybiz figures that looked like 'ToyIsland' knock-offs. Kenner's first round of SW figures on the red cards looked absolutely terrible (remember the monkey faced Leia)? These days though Hasbro has started to catch on (SW Expanded Universe), and there are quite a few other companies that have started to make figures with quite a bit more detail (Mezco, Art Asylum, etc). Without Mcfarlane's presence, who knows what would be on the shelves these days. Just my opinion though...

-Timothy C.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collect toys? If so then check out the forums at www.toytraderz.com and view the largest online toy database anywhere on the net.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector