Film Production 
 Effect Tests

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
OnlySolutions1982
User

Effect Tests

on Tuesday, July, 27, 2004 9:10 PM
Hello, I’m new to this board, but I am a big fan of TRON (always have been). It’s great to hear from others who appreciate this film. Over the past year or so, I have been working on some FX tests replicating the effects from the movie using a PC. I was thinking of posting them, if anyone was interested. Is this something that the forum would like to see?

DaveTRON
User

Re: Effect Tests

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2004 2:44 AM
Indeed we would! Let me know if you need help posting here.

DaveTRON

OnlySolutions1982
User

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2004 9:50 AM
Thanks! Well here is one experiment that I did:
(Both are Divx, around 1/2 mb each)

http://www.geocities.com/matrixrecovery2000/TronDiskCatch.avi…and this is the shot before the effects were added:

http://www.geocities.com/matrixrecovery2000/TronDiskBefore.aviI apologize for the low quality of the video; I don’t have the greatest capture card. For this shot, I used Photoshop on the individual frames to make the Frisbee look as though it was moving at an impossible speed, and for the glow effect. Please let me know what you think. Thanks again!

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2004 12:19 PM
Tried them this morning and the links say the page isn't available.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

OnlySolutions1982
User

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2004 2:02 PM
That’s strange. I would recommend trying the “Save target as…” method. If that doesn’t work, I guess I’ll have to find another place to host it. (Geocities is not very reliable)order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Friday, August, 13, 2004 2:33 PM
Those glow tests rule! I especially like the glowing disc toss. Very nice! Did you also do the glow effects in Photoshop?

I didn't know you could edit video in Photoshop... ??????????? Did you just edit all the individual frames and then bring them all back together into a video?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

OnlySolutions1982
User

on Friday, August, 13, 2004 7:20 PM
Thanks so much for the positive input, Traahn! I was worried that no one would be able to download the files. In answer to your question, I used a freeware program called VirtualDub to split the video into a series of bitmap files. These I imported into Photoshop for animating the glow and blur effects. (very similar to the method Star Wars fan filmers use for lightsabers) Afterward, I imported the bitmaps into VirtualDub as an image sequence and saved them as an AVI file.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Traahn
User

on Friday, August, 13, 2004 10:11 PM
Ahaa! I wondered how some people did those StarWars effects I appreciate you sharing the info! I've always wanted to try and make my own videos incorporate a Tron glow effect, but didn't know how to do it without $1000+ software. Now I can mess around. Thanks!!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

harpo989
User

on Saturday, August, 14, 2004 7:46 PM
I only got an error:

ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Traahn
User

on Saturday, August, 14, 2004 10:17 PM
Try accessing the videos via the "Current News" page of Tron-Sector.com. DaveTron made some links at the top of the page there, and that's how I saw them.

kyp
User

on Thursday, August, 19, 2004 11:17 PM
harpo989 Wrote:I only got an error:

ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

well... *bump* :P

harpo... try looking for the 'klite codec pack'. that should fix your problems

ZeroC00L
User

on Tuesday, April, 27, 2010 10:26 AM
Here is my effects test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h07K322CCik

This was my first attempt using special effects.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Film Production 
 Effect Tests