Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Making Datawraith available in multiplayer?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Riley Pizt
User

Re: Making Datawraith available in multiplayer?

on Saturday, August, 21, 2004 7:52 PM
redrain85 Wrote:That must've been a real pain in the ass to do.
It was, but ModelEdit and Maya have nothing on me and my scientific calculator. LOL! Eventually I will write these procedures up as a computer program or two so I don't have to do all of the work by hand (and head). But, it was more important now to test the theory than to automate it.

Did you have to hex edit the .LTB model?
That's 50% of it. The other half was editing the animation model files, and I used the LTA versions since that saved a significant amount of time though the concept would have been the same if I had used the LTB versions. Having the LTA for the single-player Datawraith would have saved half of this work.

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, August, 21, 2004 10:00 PM
Wow, that's great progress.

*'s because Silver is in shock after she showed him the screenshots*

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Silver-Streak
User

on Saturday, August, 21, 2004 10:01 PM
You, my friend, rock. I greatly anticipate the release of this mod. Then the world will get to play as the Data Sith! :P

-Silver

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, August, 21, 2004 11:16 PM

Riley Pizt Wrote:I still have to fix how the model holds the weapons since it is off, and to make some team skins for it, but otherwise this model is fully multiplayer compatible and functional.
BTW, I noticed that several of the MP models do not hold the rod weapons correctly, in the sense that they clip through the player model. I was shocked to see this. Does it have to do with the attachment bug you were referring to? Or more likely, is it just poor model design.

Jet holding SuffusionJet holding LOL
I mean, look at that. There's no excuse for having those weapons clip through the Jet model. Horrible.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

harpo989
User

on Saturday, August, 21, 2004 11:27 PM
Datawraith on Player Setup screen
Datawraith running in derez game

Holy. crap.

Great work Riley!!!
all I can say is that when I get a firstborn child...

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Riley Pizt
User

on Sunday, August, 22, 2004 1:24 AM
redrain85 Wrote:

BTW, I noticed that several of the MP models do not hold the rod weapons correctly, in the sense that they clip through the player model. I was shocked to see this.
When I first started working with the models I was shocked at all of the flaws I found. Monolith usually does a much better job than this on their character models which are usually top notch. When you dig deeper you will find even more. I believe that the guys at Touchdown who made the derez update are actually responsible for this shoddy work because Monolith never intended the characters to use any weapons but the disc. The irony is though that many of the characters don't even hold the disc quite right.

That said, I fixed quite a few of the flaws, but it is a real pain in the ass and takes two PC's running the game to do without LTA's for the weapons.

Does it have to do with the attachment bug you were referring to?
No, but for a smart guy like you, it won't take you long to figure it out. I don't want to mention it because it will only give people another reason to bitch about the game. It does really piss me off though, and I mentioned the problem to someone at BVG once so at least one person responsible for the game is aware of it. My guess is that the XBOX version doesn't have the problem although I really couldn't tell from the screenshots and videos. When the XBOX version finally hits the street, I'll know what's what.

Omega.User
User

on Wednesday, August, 25, 2004 7:01 PM
Is it possible to make the player setup screen say "DataWraith" instead of "CHubbard@fcon.net"?

It's not nescessary. All we really need is the m odel.

p.s. I spelled m odel that way on purpose. Becasue I have a filter on my computer.

-----------------------------------------------------
"Alan one computed that a User would be five hundred twenty-six times more powerful operating within the system than from without." -Ma3a

Riley Pizt
User

on Wednesday, August, 25, 2004 11:12 PM
Omega.User Wrote:Is it possible to make the player setup screen say "DataWraith" instead of "CHubbard@fcon.net"?
Yes, it is but the reason I chose that name is because it is the name of one of the Datawraith characters in the single-player game. It is also the name of Monolith's creative director.

josh.exe
User

on Saturday, September, 25, 2004 8:13 AM
give me the mod

josh.exe
User

on Saturday, September, 25, 2004 8:16 AM
and i want real world and digital world versionson line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

josh.exe
User

on Sunday, September, 26, 2004 12:45 PM
excuse me,tronfaq could you e-mail me the instrucktions to get the datawraith model?

ps: i go to your walk throughs every day!!!

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, October, 26, 2005 3:18 PM
Okay, I hate to bring back old threads (now and then) but I was wondering what exactly happend to this mod...
If Redrain or anyone else who knows could tell me, I'd appreciate it.

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Tabulator
User

on Wednesday, October, 26, 2005 6:28 PM
A program to hex-edit the models to make them usable would be great. Yeah, I tried Kernel once. He just hovers around like the Player model, and can not use the multiplayer animations. You can't crouch either. It sucks.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

policy:
Disabling your firewall: Free
Acquiring your information: Free
Shipping and handling: $30

We appreciate your cooperation.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, October, 26, 2005 10:39 PM

Riley had resumed work on this, he was going to make a bunch of characters available. (Which is very difficult to do.) But I don't know what the status of it is.

I was hoping to help him out a little, but admittedly I haven't really held up my end of the bargain. I need to get back to work on it.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, October, 27, 2005 10:27 AM
redrain85 Wrote:Riley had resumed work on this, he was going to make a bunch of characters available. (Which is very difficult to do.) But I don't know what the status of it is.

He got a little help from a program I know. If what he has is useful, you should see some good stuff come out of it.

DaveTRON

josh.exe
User

on Tuesday, March, 14, 2006 3:55 PM
BUMP!
(i STILL WANT THIS MOD!!!!!!!)on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Making Datawraith available in multiplayer?