Fan Fiction & Art 
 'Irriversible', a story by Me.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
harpo989
User

on Tuesday, August, 24, 2004 3:31 PM
Well, I thought I'd try my hand at writing a short fan fiction. (probably not more than four or five chapters) This story takes place just before the beginning of Tron 2.0. for the sake of keeping the topic clear, I'm going to start a review topic. so anyway, here it be:

Chapter 1

I hummed to myself as I worked. The control panel I worked at had a diagram of the firewall I was working at, and a constant readout of Incoming and outgoing traffic. I was bent over the control panel, watching. Always watching. After all, it was my job. I leaned back in my chair, stretching. I looked around the firewall control unit. It was a fair-sized room, circular, with a low ceiling. My desk was off to the side, a standalone control panel with a chair for me to rest in. In front of me in the center of the room, a large hologram showed the massive firewall. The deep blue of the room contrasted the two ICPs that watched over the entrance to the room, and the four data streams to the manual ring configures. My control panel beeped at me. I looked down and saw a program was requesting permission out. I opened an I/O connection with the program. “Jerocon.exe, firewall monitor and control service here. What is your request?” I said. The program replied: “My name is Romie, I have an important data package to deliver.” “Alright,” I said, “I’ll ping your user.” “Alright.” He replied. I pressed a few buttons, pinging Romie’s user. “It’ll be just a moment.” I said. “Say,” Romie said, “You’re yellow?” “Yeah.” I replied. “Great. This probably would have been a lot harder with those upstart reds.” Romie said. I smiled. “Yeah, or one of those prissy blues. It coulda been a microcyle before your request came through!” Romie laughed. Then I got a ping from Romie’s user. Back to business… I got up and walked over to the I/O node on the wall, and pressed the large disc on the face. “Program Romie requesting Internet access.” I said. “Request confirmed. Remember access privileges.” Came the reply. I closed the node, and then walked back to the panel. “You’re a go, Romie. Just be careful out there.” I said. “Thanks. Enjoy your cycle!” Said Romie, then the panel deactivated. Enjoy my cycle… somehow I doubt that I will. I sighed, then leaned back into my chair. I noted an E-mail script heading out of the system. Ah, the life of a ‘net program. Adventuring to other servers, meeting new programs, and always busy. Unlike me… I propped my feet up on the desk. I’ll probably be here until I derezz of old code. Then my console beeped again. I looked, and saw that E-mail script was trying to get back into the system, but the filters kept rejecting him. Odd… But this isn’t my decision. I pinged the user, then waited. The I/O node sprang to life, so I walked over and spoke into it: “Error: E-mail rejected. Possible contaminant detected.” I waited only for a moment before the user replied: “End program. You will be reactivated when the E-mail script is completed.” The I/O node deactivated, and I simply stood there.Time off? Scince when do Users give firewalls time off? Oh well… I’m not complaining. I grabbed my helmet, then walked over to the center hologram and touched the shutdown button. I walked to the entryway and nodded to the ICP as I passed. I programmed the data stream for the local progress bar. yes… a nice drink should do me fine. I stepped into the data stream. Little did I realize just how much damage a little E-mail script could do…

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

harpo989
User

Re: 'Irriversible', a story by Me.

on Friday, August, 27, 2004 7:04 PM
Well... here's chapter 2... sorry it took so long, but I had to re-write the whole thing (must remember to hit 'save', not 'don't save') but I made it!
anyway,

Chapter 2

Even though most programs were used to using data streams, they always bothered me. I guessed it was because I was a firewall script, and I didn’t leave my station except for the few times a tense game script or sneaky download client would conflict with me, so I just never got used to that feeling. The transport was almost instantaneous, but it gave you that feeling of rushing across a large space at high speeds, and then suddenly be traveling at the same speed at when you walked in. I appeared at the street just outside of the progress bar. As I walked over to the door, I took in the delightful sounds and sights of the beautiful server. It was really just a processing server, with many computing programs running their complex computations for their users. But this was the progress bar. I went in, and walked to the main area. The main area was like a half-circle, about two levels high. On one wall, streaming Mpgs of the light cycle tournament ran for the few programs that actually cared. On another part of the curved wall sat a booth, where a media player DJ’d the few MP3s for the programs. But on the long, flat wall was my interest: the bar. I walked over and sat down on one of the stools. The bartender came over to me and spoke: “I haven’t seen you before. You new around here?” I considered the question, then replied truthfully, “Sort of. I’m Jerocon. I run the firewall.” The bartender arched one eyebrow, and then asked, “You’re the firewall app? Why aren’t you running?” I shrugged my shoulders, then said, “My user told me to take some time off. And I don’t question the users.” The bartender nodded in understanding, then pulled a glass with some sort of drink in it from below the counter. Then he said, “For an occasion such as this, you deserve to get a drink for free. You can have this Sark’s brew on the house.” I smiled and thanked him, then turned around to survey the bar. The patrons there were mostly game bots and other barely-used programs. They probably spend most of they’re time here. Seeing as they aren’t used much. Then I turned back around and went back to my drink.

~*~*~*~

It had been only a half-hour, but I was already enjoying myself. I talked with some of the other programs, who sympathized with me, but didn’t seem to understand exactly how having a job could be boring. I was discussing this over my third Sark’s, when a sudden alert was activated. Audio speakers boomed the Kernal’s deep voice: “Alert. The system has become subject to a viral corruption. Z-lots are continuing to corrupt untouched areas. The primary backup program will be accepting backups of important data at this time. Please continue your processes as normal, this will be over shortly. End of line.” The programs immediately dropped what they were doing, and began to run outside. Z-lots? A virus? This does not sound good. I scrambled out the door and saw several green glowing breaks in the street. A program ran by me yelling, “Hurry! Get out of here! Run! Z-lots!” -but he barely got out the last word. A sudden green explosion knocked me into the wall, but the program that had yelled at me was less fortunate. I looked up and saw balls being pelted at the running programs. I knew I didn’t have time to see who was throwing them. I grabbed the program’s core dump, and made a break for the nearest data stream. I simply slammed my hand against the controls, watching balls pelt everything, breaking apart everything they touched with corruption. Then, as the data stream activated, I made a terrible mistake. I looked back down the street. The so-called Z-lots that were running down the street were programs. Calculators. But not normal looking, the programs were glowing bright green, with horrible, gruesome tears all over their bodies, leakinorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

------------

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, September, 08, 2004 4:18 PM
Chapter 3

The momentary rushing feeling swept over me as I ran through the data stream. The moment I reappeared, I realized that I had forgotten to set the destination on the data stream. I suddenly found myself standing at the end of an alleyway, the walls and floor ripped apart by the green, glowing corruption. The oozing slime ripped through everything, walls, floors, data streams… then I suddenly whipped around, only to see a large green crevice running through the data stream. Seeing the effects of the corruption was a horrible. Seeing thing being corrupted was worse. I ran into the street, only to see it was even worse there. Chunks of buildings were breaking off and floating in space, outlined by their green slime. Even the street was breaking apart- jaggedly thrusting into the air in some areas, slowly crushing down into holes in others. Then I heard voices. Three. They were coming from around the bend of the street, and moving quickly towards me. I rushed to the wall opposite the alley I had come in through, and found a window. I leaped into it just as the three twisted programs arrived. They hobbled to the alley, yelling at their maximum voices about the corruption. I peeked over the edge of the window to see what the programs were doing. Two walked out of the alley, seeming as if they had been looking for something, but hadn’t found it. The two programs twisted their heads around violently, then hobbled off down the street. I carefully climbed out of the window and looked around. There didn’t seem to be anywhere to go. Of course, the only way to escape would be to find a data stream. Perhaps I can repair the broken one… It was a long shot, but I decided to try it. I walked into the alleyway and knelt by the corrupted data stream port. I poked the port and tried to see if there was any sort of direct programming port or other such item, when I heard an odd noise. I turned around, looking back out of the alleyway. I saw the corrupted part of the ground moving. Moving! then, it bulged upwards, forming a large bulb-like shape. Then the corruption tore, revealing a corrupted program inside. I realized this must be the main way for corrupted programs to get around, or possibly some sort of hibernation. In any case, the program finished it’s birthing from the ground, then looked around and focused in on me. I must have locked up, because I could barely move as the program locked its eyes in on me. The eyes were empty of life, yet full of something else: Evil, malice. As the program drew a ball from his waist, I leaped up and ran straight foreword, knocking the program over in the process. I turned left and kept running down the street. Then a sound. Whispering. I stopped and looked around, trying to figure out where the sound was coming from. “Quickly! Here! Your left!” I turned left and saw a young-looking female program in an alleyway, motioning for me to come towards her. I turned and lept into the alleyway, nearly knocking over the program in the process. As I sat up, I saw that it was not an alleyway at all, but a small crevice formed by the collapsing of the neighboring building. I turned to the other program there with me to see what she looked like. She was like a lot of females, blue as well, but wore no helmet, with her hair short and spiked back; a typical sign of a game program. She had also crying. “Are you allright?” she asked. I nodded. “Good.” She said, then turned back to the street. “My name is Jerocon. Firewall app.” I said. “Meran. Game bot. Pleasure.” She said, obviously trying to sound tough. “Are you… okay?” I asked. She turned back to me. “Would you be okay if you just lost the love of your life to the corruption?” She snapped. “I’m sorry…” I said. She seemed to calm down some before saying anything. “Don’t apologize. There was nothing anyone could have done.” She said. There was a silence, then I asked, “Why aren’t you helping the ICPs stop the corruption?” “I have to help Ma3a. Iwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

------------

harpo989
User

on Thursday, October, 14, 2004 9:38 PM
Thanks!

Chapter 4

I snuck with Meran along the side of the street, trying to stay as low-key as possible. Meran had asked me what my ‘plan’ was, but I had refused to tell her. We continued to sneak along the edges of the street (If you could still call it that.) until we reached a corner. I peeked around the corner, trying to stay out of sight. I saw a functioning data stream, surrounded by Z-lots. The data stream was in a half-circle shaped side area, just off of the main street. I watched the corrupted programs acting so… eerily. They would whip their heads around, looking for programs they might corrupt. I looked back at Meran and whispered. “I’m going to try to get close to the data stream and hold off those Z-lots. You try to get through the stream before they derezz you.” She seemed to mull this over in her mind for a while, then closed her eyes and nodded. “Good.” I said. I looked back to the data stream and took a deep breath. This may be it… the last I’ll see of this server. The last I’ll see of anything. I took another deep breath. You always said you wanted adventure. This may be just what you wanted: a chance to save the server. Well, you better take it now, old boy. I took one last breath, then yelled to Meran: “Run!” …And run we did. I pounded into the ground, trying to get myself as close to the programs as I could. The four corrupted programs took note of my presence and turned to face me. The two closest to me drew their balls, and everything went into slow motion. They drew back their hands. I took another leap. One of the programs screamed at me. “Feel the corruption!” Feel this, son of resource hog. I gritted my teeth and jumped at the program. He acted surprised, but none could be shown on his twisted and broken face. I landed square on his chest and knocked him to the ground. The force of it hurt him badly, and he released his grip on his ball. Fortunately, I was there to grab it. I rolled and came into a crouching position, wielding the daedly sphere in my right hand. I tossed it at the second ball-wielding program, setting off his own while mine exploded. I whipped around to the other two programs, not watching as the large explosion derezzed the first two programs, and saw the Meran was at the controls next to the data stream, unfortunately, so did the other two corrupted programs. They each drew a ball, and I made another leap to slam together the two programs’ hands. The explosion blew me back, and derezzed the two programs. I wearily got up from the ground and watched in a half-daze as Meran ran through the data stream. I tried to clear the fog from my head, but the explosion had rattled my code pretty badly. I saw the data stream finish recharging, and I stumbled over to the stream. Just as I touched it though, I heard the sound of an explosion, and saw green slime splatter everywhere- including my eyes…
Then I lost consciousness.

------------

gRiD_89a
User

on Tuesday, December, 27, 2005 2:32 AM

FreedomForever
User

on Wednesday, December, 28, 2005 12:48 PM
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

nonoperative
User

RE: 'Irriversible', a story by Me.

on Sunday, March, 27, 2011 9:42 PM
Revive the first threads ...part 6

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art