Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Film Production 
 First attempt to make something Tronlike...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Katsuro
User

on Wednesday, September, 01, 2004 5:55 PM
Hi there,

Like the topic said, this are the first attempt to make the famous Tron-Glow effect

I made this in a few minutes with a programm called Chromonator and I think the results are not THAT bad ^^

In a few days I will (at least I hope so) try something with a little more movement.

Edit: Yes!!! I made a Link!!

Edit 2.0:
Almost forgotten
Here you can see the tutorial I used for this pic. (They even mention Tron-Sector )

Katsuro
User

Re: First attempt to make something Tronlike...

on Wednesday, September, 01, 2004 9:59 PM
Ok after I posted the pictures I asked myself "Why don`t you use the videomaterial from tron-sector".
Well I took the pre-pruduction clip and played a little around
It doesn`t look really good, but good enough for me ^^.
At least I know how to do it. And I guess if I shoot my footage in front of a greenscreen I can edit it easier than this clip.

Edit: Sorry guys I deleted the file on the server.. Also my HD crashed .. so it will be lost forever

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, September, 01, 2004 10:20 PM
Very nice.

I have an idea. More later.

DaveTRON

OnlySolutions1982
User

on Friday, September, 03, 2004 10:13 AM
Very nice work, Katsuro! That was close match to the original glow effect. Please post more trials if you have a chance.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Katsuro
User

on Friday, September, 03, 2004 10:30 AM
Thx for the kind comments
I`ll do some greenscreen shoots soon with a (very very bad) costume to try out the possibilities.

In Fact it is quite simple.
1.) Take a picture or a movie (Black&White for best results.. like the original Tron footage)
2.) Use some Programm to make the black lines on the costume transparent
3.) place the color of your choice (red/blue/green for good results) "behind" the Picture/video
4.) Render it (you now got a picture with clorored lines, but no glow) and use a programm like AE or Chromonator (I did this with Chromonator) to key out the green/red/blue
5.) Invert the keying, so that the only things you see are the lines in the color of your choice
6.) blur those lines a little bit and place it ofer the picture/video
7.) Post it to show results to others

Its not a very detailed tutorial, but thats the way it was done. Also I hope you understand what I was writing, because german school english is the best I can do to make myself understood ^^°
Like I said above, the fxhome guy (Tarn) did a very good tutorial which also works for movies.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

OnlySolutions1982
User

on Saturday, September, 04, 2004 5:49 PM
As it turns out, that is the same method that I used to create the glow effects for one of my video tests! We use different software, but the compositing technique is identical. Again, great job, and hopefully others will take up computer-based backlight compositing.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Katsuro
User

on Thursday, October, 14, 2004 2:34 AM
I`m back
And I did something new. It`s an intro for the movie I want to do. The intro itself is a ripoff from the Tron 2.0 intro

Hope you like it:

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/katsuro/introtest.aviorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

OnlySolutions1982
User

on Friday, October, 15, 2004 10:31 PM
Nicely done introduction. Does this have anything to do with Terry Gilliam film “Time Bandits” from 1981?

Katsuro
User

on Sunday, October, 17, 2004 12:27 PM
Nope
But it´s nice to see someone does know this movie.

It`s about a military prototype (I call it TimeThingy, because I´ve got no good name right now for it) and e thief who is trying to steal it.
I realised about one or two hours after I made the title time bandit, that there is allready a movie with almost the same name. Maybe I´ll change the name...

Katsuro
User

on Wednesday, October, 20, 2004 5:24 PM
Yeah guess what?
I did another Tronthingy

http://people.freenet.de/katsuro/testing.avi
I do not like that one... Maybe I can change it to better quality....order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, October, 20, 2004 5:59 PM
Neat. you mind if I move those files over here to the Sector and relink them?

DaveTRON

BaDkaRmA158Th
User

on Thursday, October, 28, 2004 5:43 PM
Where is Ice nine?

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Katsuro
User

on Tuesday, November, 02, 2004 8:58 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:Neat. you mind if I move those files over here to the Sector and relink them?

Of course you can do this

Traahn
User

on Friday, November, 19, 2004 2:35 AM
Well done, Katsuro! It looks like you're having fun figuring out some Tron stuff. keep it up!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Katsuro
User

on Thursday, December, 16, 2004 7:33 PM
Traahn Wrote:Well done, Katsuro! It looks like you're having fun figuring out some Tron stuff. keep it up!

Not only the Tron stuff... It´s an incredible feeling to create an effect (or "fake" an effect) which looks similar to the effects used in famous movies.
It´s not only a hobby ^^abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2005 3:41 AM
Oh yeah, I fully agree!

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

spiritquest
User

on Wednesday, February, 23, 2005 6:51 PM
Nice work Katsuro.

What do you normally edit your videos in. (i'm also interested in what you used for the 3D in the intro test.)

Ket

Ket

Katsuro
User

on Friday, March, 18, 2005 10:26 AM
For the troneffects with the "real" footage I used Chromonator (www.fxhome.com) .
For the intro I used Cinema 4D R8 and a LOT of time.
I used the Explosion FX a lot. The light in the background are actualy spheres with a glowing texture.

---------
Sooo whats new? Right now I´m in the mood to do something with lightcycles

These are my "doodles" (god I love that word ) :

http://www.ka-yu.de/Clips/tron01.movhttp://www.ka-yu.de/Clips/tron02.mov

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, March, 18, 2005 4:52 PM

Cool! Those were pretty spiffy

ZeroC00L
User

on Tuesday, April, 27, 2010 10:43 AM
I like it, pretty cool.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Film Production