Tron prop on eBay

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
TimothyC
User

Tron prop on eBay

on Thursday, November, 04, 2004 11:13 AM
I'm sure many of you have already seen this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2281909523&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
To be honest, I know zilch about movie props in general. I've seen only a couple of movie props for Tron (not all of us get to wander the Disney back lots ) but something seemed odd about this auction. The seller mentioned that he had documentation but for some reason didn't bother showing it. I sent the guy a very friendly e-mail asking for info/pics of the documentation but my request fell on deaf ears. If it were truly a disc used in movie production, it could easily go for hundreds dollars (maybe even much more). Personally I'm staying away from this one but good luck to any of you who decide to take the risk.

-Timothy C.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collect toys? If so then check out the forums at www.toytraderz.com and view the largest online toy database anywhere on the net.

DaveTRON
User

Re: Tron prop on eBay

on Thursday, November, 04, 2004 12:21 PM
It's horse poop! The discs used in the film are far wider than a sheet of paper. Look at the scale of that disc.

DaveTRON

Hale-XF11
User

on Thursday, November, 04, 2004 1:02 PM
And stay away from this one, it has SARS!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1383&item=5931343065&rd=1order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, November, 04, 2004 1:31 PM
Hale,

Are you Lightcycle on Ebay?

DaveTRON

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, November, 04, 2004 3:22 PM
And the poor grammar used in that item description scares me.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Hale-XF11
User

on Thursday, November, 04, 2004 3:59 PM
Dave, no, I'm spacemandrake on Ebay.

All the names I originally wanted were taken.

I haven't bid on or sold anything in ages though so you won't see any history on me.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, November, 04, 2004 5:03 PM
It helps to know who I am bidding against on Ebay. Sometimes I will back off of an item if I know it's someone from here.

There are certain people I will give up to, and certain IDs I won't like SciFiBoy. He's a regular here and he has a way of being really annoying about bidding. He's bidding against someone I know for a TRON Costume right now and he accused her of being a shill bidder and told her to retract her bids.

He's a creep. If she had the money to beat him I'd encourage her to do so. I think she's going to let him take it.

DaveTRON

Nikster
User

on Thursday, November, 04, 2004 5:16 PM
At least the dude who won the disc only got soaked for 31 bucks.

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Hale-XF11
User

on Thursday, November, 04, 2004 5:41 PM
Dave, that's a generous gesture, especially for those of us who can't afford to bid too often, if at all.

Too bad about SciFiBoy. I'd guess anyone who tries scare tactics to get others not to bid on an item aren't too popular in the ebay community.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, November, 04, 2004 5:53 PM
I checked out the "disc" photo.

Hmmm - that's a nice, vintage looking GENERIC, NOTHING frisbee that was probably used in many a back yard, but not any in films.

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, November, 04, 2004 6:16 PM
They aren't too popular here either. We should all share that info so we know and can make those decisions when bidding. I like having a big TRON collection, but not at the expense of friends from Tron Sector.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Friday, November, 05, 2004 4:17 PM
I'll apologise in advance if I outbid anyone here on ebay. My TRON collection is 10 years in the making and still growing and usually if I see something I know that I don't have, I will pursue it until I've won it. Unless of course I make an agreement with another bidder before hand, then I won't bid against anyone.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, November, 05, 2004 4:49 PM
That's the beauty of having a tight knit community here. We can play nice and share.

You would not believe the idiotic letter I got today from the person I referred to earlier. Claimed to be his own father and tried to get me to apologize for saying he's a creep.

I wrote back and provided a few reminders of why I think this person is a creep. One mistake, easy to forgive, two, harder, but still forgivable, but when we are into at least 5 to 10 separate events then I know this person is not at all about playing fair or nice, therefore he is a creep.

I will repeat here, I am more than happy to back off of an Ebay auction if someone really wants it more than I do. A lot of things I can make arrangements to get photos of or scan for my digital archives, and some items I have sold to the next bidder after I won and photographed them. I am happy to make alternative arrangements.

TRONProgram and I are a good example of that. Too bad the other person I am referring to never saw the light.

DaveTRON

TimothyC
User

on Friday, November, 05, 2004 8:45 PM
So I know it's my fault for not being more active in the community over the last year or so, but what on earth happaned? SciFiboy and I have bounced one or two e-mails over the last year and he seemed like a good guy to me...??? I know you certainly can't judge someone by one or two e-mails, but it was a bit disheartening to read your post Dave. However if what you're saying is true about e-mailing threats, then I'm terribly disappointed. There's just no reason for that. Let's be honest, there aren't that many hardcore Tron collectors out there so to hear someone has been 'seduced by the darkside' really blows.

Speaking of eBay....Out of curiosity, who is queenjan and would she like to apologize to me for costing me so much scratch of late ;^)? J/k of course. Good luck on that costume. I just got mine today and it looks perfect. For the moment it's my favorite Tron goody. If I were only a 100 pounds lighter and 12 inches shorter I wouldn't hesitate for a second trying it on.

So Dave, other than that pin I've steered clear of your auctions for the most part (I thought long and hard about that Starlog though ) . Am I on your 'good' list yet ;^)? To be honest, I'm pretty sure I'm not on anyone's don't bid list but that's ok (although I would like to be ;^). Ebay is a fair marketplace and really the only place you kind find the odd quirkish stuff. The only Tron id's that I know from these boards are of course, truamatic, tronprogram, and scifiboy. I haven't really had a duel with scifiboy and I've pretty much given up on ever beating program on anything (I just had to try on that French pressbook though, sorry ;^) . Did anyone determine who lightcycle is btw? Just curious.

-Timothy C.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collect toys? If so then check out the forums at www.toytraderz.com and view the largest online toy database anywhere on the net.

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, November, 05, 2004 10:58 PM
SciFiBoy used to post these amazingly annoying brags about his conquests, and then when he got called on any of them he deleted or edited them to cover his tracks.

For a while he's been OK, but in the last few weeks I have seen the old SciFiBoy pop out again. Queenjan got an email that was essentially "What you are bidding on isn't as nice as the one I have", and then the other day she got the note accusing her of shill bidding. She told me because she knew I had run ins with him before.

She wants that costume as a gift for a frieind. She was losing to SciFiBoy when he wrote to her and she wasn't planning to bid any more as it was already at $50. He was in for $101 according to the auction so he would have taken it. Instead he retracted his bid and backed off. I don't know what goes through his head.

Then I got the incredibly stupid note in my email this morning. I am fairly certain he was pretending to be his own father. The mis-spellings and over-the-top attempts to sound like an adult were fairly lame. Kept referring to me as "SIR".

I just don't like him. I really don't think he intends to be a rotten person, but the way he comes off makes him one in my book. Like I said, once or twice, no problem, but he's been consistently bad as I see it and I no longer wish to have anything to do with him. He's a waste of my time.

I don't want to hear anytihng from him about how wrong I am, because I am not. I'll post his messages here if everyone really wants to see what I have seen. I wish him well, hope he keeps bidding on and enjoying TRON, but I won't lift a finger to be nice or to help him in any way based on his actions.

That's just my view, and I do not expect anyone else to feel the same way. I am sure someone likes him somewhere, just not me....ever.

BTW...Queenjan wishes to remain anonymous, and she's never sorry!

Tim, you are on my good list, and I have backed off on several items, haven't you noticed? Which Starlog? Did I take it? If so, once I scan it I'll sell it to you. The pin was a given. Rare items I fight for, but there is a lot of common stuff I can wait on.

The people I see often are:

You
TRONProgram (Our own Martin Fisher - We have an agreement that whomever bids first the other stays away)
Queenjan (My anonymous friend)
SciFiBoy
Cheaptrxxx
Lightcycle (New arrival)

...and a few others I can't recall right now. I like talking to my fellow collectors, and if you want to write and talk about an auction, I am always open to it. I might say no, but I will listen.

DaveTRON

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Saturday, November, 06, 2004 1:03 AM
I swear that disc looks like the dog frsbees that Walmart sells. It has the same groves with one large ring on the outside. It's small and has rounded edges just like them too. It's probally a spraypainted one cause at walmart they come in either metalic blue, red, or green.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, November, 06, 2004 1:57 AM
I know, i've seen them someplace too, I bet that's it.

Wonder if the seller really thinks it's the real thing or if he's aware and lying? Hard to tell sometimes.

DaveTRON

Nikster
User

on Saturday, November, 06, 2004 3:59 AM
Sketch Wrote:I swear that disc looks like the dog frsbees that Walmart sells. It has the same groves with one large ring on the outside. It's small and has rounded edges just like them too. It's probally a spraypainted one cause at walmart they come in either metalic blue, red, or green.

I wonder if it's infused with that beefy flavor all dogs love?

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Hale-XF11
User

on Saturday, November, 06, 2004 11:38 AM
mmm, beef flavor... it would have been nice if we had all chipped in and bid on it so we could give it to Pluto. he'd make good use of it.

itom
User

on Saturday, November, 06, 2004 4:51 PM
LOL! Good one!

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Tron prop on eBay