Collector 
 Rare TRON Items

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
DaveTRON
User

Rare TRON Items

on Saturday, November, 20, 2004 10:22 PM
In going through my archives, I realize I have some images of TRON items most people have never seen because they are very rare.

In the next few days, I will post some images of these in the galleries, but I will also post them in this forum. I'd like to hear what you think of them

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

Re: Rare TRON Items

on Saturday, November, 20, 2004 10:27 PM
Here's the first item. This is a pin that my wife and I created to celebrate the TRON Screening at the El Capitan theatre in May of 2004.

This is a very rare item. I know, because I made it! There are only 30 in the entire world!

I gave them to people like Syd Mead, Steven Lisberger, Richard Taylor, Harrison Ellenshaw and Cindy Morgan. The crew at the event, and several of the fans.

It was purely a memento for that night, and 30 was all I had time to make.

Anyway, here is the pin.

Pinorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, November, 20, 2004 10:36 PM
Making the TRON pins was a cool idea.

I'm the kind of guy who would have worn it to work every day for days (even weeks) leading up to the event. Everyone at work knows I'm a TRON nerd.

I might have even handed out some pins to my department and told them to wear them and those who chose to wear the pin might get a better raise. Of course, their raise would have been in the form of build points

Cool pin idea though. Even cooler that so few were made and distributed to the good people of TRON themselves!

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, November, 20, 2004 10:57 PM
Here's the second item.

I've been collecting TRON for a long time, and I have been a fan for 22 years. I love it when I am surprised by a cool item I haven't seen before.

I recently won this magazine on Ebay. I got it two days ago.

Cover
It's a French Mickey Mouse comic. Inside was a the standard article on the movie, but it also had this really cool poster stapled in the middle. I had to share it here.

This is the front of the poster. A smaller version of the massive French 1-sheet that can be found occasionally on Ebay.

Poster Front
The front of the poster is cool, but the back was the best part. It features dozens of little screen shots from the movie, and it's beautiful. It's one of my favorite pieces. Here it is.

Poster Back
So what do you all think?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, November, 21, 2004 7:44 PM
EDITED FOR CLARITY

I've posted images of my oddest collectible here.

When my wife and I married, she brough a Tiffany lamp with her. It sat in our living room for ten years. I liked it, but I didn't really care about it.

Then one day, after 10 years, I was getting ready to pack it up and send it to my sister. I had spent the day cleaning it, and it was fresh in my mind.

That evening I watched TRON again and in the scene where Flynn is communicating with CLU, there it was, the same style lamp.

Now her lamp is a proud part of my TRON collection, sitting at the left side of my desk, just like Flynn's. It's not the original, but it's close enough to the real thing for me!

DaveTRON

Corruption
User

on Monday, November, 22, 2004 5:01 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:I've posted images of my oddest collectible here.

That evening I watched TRON again and in the scene where Flynn is communicating with CLu, there it was, the same lamp.

Wow that had to be strange when you realized that.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, November, 22, 2004 5:08 PM
It was kind of like getting hit between the eyes. I had to look several times before I could believe it.

For a colelctor, it's a really neat way of discovering a collectible I can tell you.

DaveTRON

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Monday, November, 22, 2004 5:23 PM
Nice french comic Dave. It's my birthday. Please sell it to me

Actually, don't answer that question, I know what your answer will already be

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, November, 22, 2004 5:48 PM
I might surprise you one of these days.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, November, 22, 2004 6:11 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:For a colelctor, it's a really neat way of discovering a collectible I can tell you.

I can only imagine. Sure makes a nice story. Thanks for sharing,

Carl
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

The PimpDragon
User

on Tuesday, November, 23, 2004 12:40 AM
That's really something that you had that lamp all along and didn't realize what a treasure it was!

Thanks for hosting the images! It's great to see how they promoted Tron.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, November, 23, 2004 12:40 AM
That tiffany lamp story is GREAT! I would be so ecstatic to make such a discovery with something I own.

How coincidental is THAT that your wife had an obscure lamp used in TRON!!!!!!!! It must've been written in the digital stars -- you guys were meant to be.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, November, 23, 2004 12:59 AM
Wait, let me clarify. My lamp is not the one from the film, it is a nearly exact duplicate of the one in the film. It's cool enough to me beacuse it is so very close to the one in the film.

I wish it was the one from the film, but it's not. Sorry if I gave that impression.

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, November, 23, 2004 3:19 AM
No, I knew that DaveTRON. I guess I was unclear in my post, actually I figured it was just the same model/brand as what was used in Tron, I didn't think it was an actual prop from the actual movie set. No worries.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

The PimpDragon
User

on Tuesday, November, 23, 2004 8:15 AM
Yeah, I got that, too. I just think it's great to have such a strong replica of that lamp!

I'd sport it right by my computer, too!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

itom
User

on Monday, November, 29, 2004 4:55 PM
Cool lamp story.

I'm still looking for one to go with the lefthand side of my desk!

I do have the chair that was used in that scene (probably my favorite scene) so I'm always on the lookout for the lamp.

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, November, 29, 2004 5:02 PM
Do you have a pic of the chair?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Monday, November, 29, 2004 6:26 PM

Dave,

I am really impressed with how observant you are. I probably would have never even known that the lamp was the same. (Or that there was even a lamp in that scene).

I am notoriously unobservant though. I think it's a form of ADD.

-Mattorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, November, 29, 2004 6:50 PM
I am mildly dyslexic and probably an undiagnosed ADD type, although I think a lot of that is training. Since I work in QA Testing, I am a detail type person. Sicne my hobby is archiving materials I have trained myself to look for details and that's how I spot things like that. I have developed a way of looking at the world I guess.

Sadly, opportunities of that type are rare. Gotta share them when they occur, but you can never anticipate them. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

itom
User

on Monday, November, 29, 2004 11:26 PM
heh - not sure if I've ever taken a pic myself, but the pic from the Disney auction is on this site:

http://www.tron-sector.com/gallery/show.aspx?id=147
and the shot from the movie:

http://www.tron-sector.com/gallery/show.aspx?id=1603
I'm getting my wife a digital cam for Christmas so I'll have to take a few of the chair in my office.

For thoes who care to know, it is from the "MARBLE & SHATTUCK CHAIR COMPANY CLEVELAND OHIO." From what little I could find on the company, it is from between 1901 and 1910. The chair also has several "WDP ######" designations on the bottom of the seat. I wonder if it has been used in any other Walt Disney productions aside from TRON. Of course, TRON is all I really care about.

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Rare TRON Items