New TRON 2.0 Map-Making Video Tutorials

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 27, 2005 11:57 PM

Find out more about them HERE.

EDIT: The page that this links to has been updated with WORKING download links to the video tutorials.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

DaveTRON
User

Re: New TRON 2.0 Map-Making Video Tutorials

on Friday, January, 28, 2005 1:57 AM
This is excellent. Can't wait to view these. Great idea.

I've been wanting to build my own maps, so perhaps this will help me do it.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2005 7:13 AM
Going to be vefry interesting to watch this and to try out on making something like this. Highly interesting indeed.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, January, 31, 2005 9:47 AM

I've just added another video tutorial to the link above. There are ones on how to set up the Tron 2.0 map editor, how to make Light Cycle maps, and finally the new Derez (Deathmatch) map tutorial.

That's it for now, but I'll eventually make some more. Including one for Disc Arena, for example.

CalvinSpiff II
User

on Tuesday, July, 05, 2005 5:49 AM
The page you are looking for has been removed. Sorry

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming for you, people! You thought you'd defeated me, but I'm still here! I will kill you all! MWAHAHAH *cough wheeze* HAHAHA *hack cough* argh.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, July, 05, 2005 6:12 AM

Calvin, you managed to hit it just when it was temporarily down.

That link will work again now.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Euphemizm
User

on Wednesday, November, 02, 2005 3:47 PM
OH sweet. I am on it now.

BTW, does anyone have experience with modding the source code?

I wanted to see if I could change the disc speed to slightly slower then the game setting.

I think the disc battles could be alot more fun with a slower disc. But only slightly slower.

Any experience here would be appreciated.

I modded q3 to slow down rockets and speed up between shot timing for the rail. Hopefully it will be the same difficulty.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, November, 03, 2005 12:37 AM

Euphemizm Wrote:BTW, does anyone have experience with modding the source code?
We don't have any source code, so that's out.

I wanted to see if I could change the disc speed to slightly slower then the game setting.

I think the disc battles could be alot more fun with a slower disc. But only slightly slower.
There's a way to do that without source code. It's a bit complicated to explain in a forum post, though.

But the biggest problem is that it will require you to make a mod, and then everyone has to be running the same mod . . . even the server. Because of that: unfortunately, all the Tron 2.0 mods released so far have met with very limited success.

CyberBlade
User

on Monday, November, 27, 2006 11:20 AM
New forum link:
http://www.fraglesstees.com/ldso/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39

hehe, after a bit digging

Signiture
"So, You are a user, Facinating." "Yes" "No"
"Hah, ICP should stand for Incompetant Confused Programs."

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, November, 27, 2006 3:22 PM

Heh . . . I updated the link in my message. It works now.

But the tutorials have since become available here on Tron-Sector, anyway.

Map Tutorials

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, November, 28, 2006 12:52 AM
I think if I view any of these, then I will have awful flashbacks to the times when I tried to make Tron 2.0 maps. Not a fun experience, yet somewhat rewarding... but mostly painful.

Can't deny, though, that it's a good idea and am glad you did them.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

joda
User

on Wednesday, December, 20, 2006 7:02 AM
I just noticed layer.dll's new map, and noticed after reading additional information on the boxhat.com forums that the map making tutorials linked in the boxhat.com forum are not updated yet (perhaps these are different tutorials and I missed something?).

http://tronforum.boxhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=1086

I really find the number of sites involved a bit confusing, some central site for tron 2.0 players might help to attract more players and then mods ? Would that be the boxhat.com forum ?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 20, 2006 1:15 PM

joda Wrote:I just noticed layer.dll's new map, and noticed after reading additional information on the boxhat.com forums that the map making tutorials linked in the boxhat.com forum are not updated yet (perhaps these are different tutorials and I missed something?).
No, those are my tutorials . . . the same ones hosted here. That link in the thread is out of date. But the tutorials are in the file section of Boxhat, anyway. As well as here on Tron-Sector.

I really find the number of sites involved a bit confusing, some central site for tron 2.0 players might help to attract more players and then mods ?
Yes, it would be nice . . . but I don't see it happening. The number of sites isn't really that bad or confusing. Aside from Tron-Sector, you've got Boxhat, LDSO, and Tron 2.0 News. There used to be another site called PGB, but it's pretty much disappeared from the radar.

CyberBlade
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 10:02 PM
Sorry to bumb the thread, but i just thought it a little relevant since it took me some time to track down.

Since Boxhat has been down, people are able to grab the map making vids from here:
http://www.tron-sector.com/archives/default.aspx?do=gallery§ion=2&category=12&group=Map%20Tutorials

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Signiture
"So, You are a user, Facinating." "Yes" "No"
"Hah, ICP should stand for Incompetant Confused Programs."

trilljester
User

on Friday, May, 23, 2008 12:47 PM
TronFAQ:

Any chance of us seeing a tutorial (video or text) on creating a Single Player Level? I've been sketching out some ideas for a new Single Player campaign and followed some basic tutorials for creating rooms, but I'd love to see how to setup some basic AI interactions, and trigger setups. Just some basic direction should get me going.

The Tools documentation is decent, but I'm not sure if it's the correct way of doing things.

Thanks for the previous video tutorials, they've been invaluable getting me started with DEdit.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, May, 24, 2008 10:25 AM

I might make some more video tutorials eventually, but not in the near future.

In the meantime, you might want to visit the Custom Map making section of the forum on the LDSO site. It's fairly active and full of lots of good tips. Also, not all of our team members visit here on a regular basis. The members of the LDSO team have produced many of the maps and mods for Tron 2.0, so we'll be able to answer almost any map editing question you might have.

trilljester Wrote:The Tools documentation is decent, but I'm not sure if it's the correct way of doing things.
In terms of game engine details it's a fairly good resource, but the tutorial in it is really poorly done. It's more complicated than it needs to be, and in the end teaches you very little.

Thanks for the previous video tutorials, they've been invaluable getting me started with DEdit.
You're welcome.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels