Other Games 
 My Tomytronic Tron!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Hale-XF11
User

My Tomytronic Tron!

on Wednesday, March, 02, 2005 6:00 PM
I can finally join the ranks of the rest of you who are proud owners of their very own Tomy Tron. I won mine on e-bay recently.

Here I am getting totally reved up while racing my light cycle!

and here I am being totally pwned by Sark...

All in all, I love my new Tomy Tron. Woohoo! xoxoxo

For those of you who have a Tomy Tron of your very own, what's your high score?
I managed to rack up 5,510 points on my 3rd time through. I'm sure I can do better though.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

Re: My Tomytronic Tron!

on Wednesday, March, 02, 2005 6:35 PM
Congrats on your recent ebay purchase!

Ahh - the only way I could play light cycles back in the day! (at least the only way at home)

I got my Tomy TRON game in 1982. I think I got it the same summer I saw TRON in the theater - I was 11 then. It was TOTALLY AMAZING to me! I spent MANY an hour on that digital bundle-of-joy wrapped up in such a small package. Light cycles was always my favorite game on it, but going up against Sark in the disc game seemed to be the longest time spent per round. I don't remember my high score, but I used to be able to get several bars across (1 bar represents 2000 points) before Sark could do me in. The really cool thing about the light cycle game is that it scrolls off the screen and the movement is not limited to the size of the screen as the playing area.

I loved that it played THREE games! Light cycles, deadly discs, and a shot against the MCP himself! I still have my game, and still play it from time to time. I'm not nearly as good as I used to be on it, but I can still rack up a good healthy score

What a GREAT game!

Hale-XF11
User

on Wednesday, March, 02, 2005 7:00 PM
That's great that you've had the same one since you were a kid! It's so unique these days to find anyone who's the original owner of a toy they bought over 20 years ago. Props to you for that!

Man, after scoring something like 4,000 points, the game got really exciting when the light cycles sped up to the point where I couldn't even keep up with the other cycle! That was a lot of fun. I can't wait to get that far again.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

foilism
User

YEAH!!

on Friday, March, 04, 2005 9:38 AM
I just won one last week on ebay... Hasn't come though, I'm sure it will....abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

spiritquest
User

on Friday, March, 04, 2005 12:06 PM

My one was stolen as a kid, from a guy on our street, he moved taking my game with him

Glad you got yours though !!

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Ket

Hale-XF11
User

on Friday, March, 04, 2005 3:38 PM
foilism Wrote:I just won one last week on ebay... Hasn't come though, I'm sure it will....

Awesome, I hope you get it soon!

spiritquest, d'oh!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

CalvinSpiff II
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 7:50 AM
I have an emulator

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming for you, people! You thought you'd defeated me, but I'm still here! I will kill you all! MWAHAHAH *cough wheeze* HAHAHA *hack cough* argh.

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 2:02 PM
Their a wonderful little LCD game.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2005 2:10 PM
CalvinSpiff II Wrote:I have an emulator

What emulator?on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, July, 04, 2005 1:40 PM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:What emulator?

As far as I know, there is no emulator for this game. I did find a respectable recreation of it a few years ago though. I'm sorry, I don't remember the site I got it from, or I'd post it. But I bet you can find it by doing a few searches. I don't have the (PC recreation) game anymore though - I lost tract of it long ago.

The game runs inside of a cool image of the outside of the hand held game itself - as if you're looking at it while playing. The game graphics are pretty dead on and match the actual game very well. But the game play is different than the game. Unfortunately, I thought the game play was the weakest aspect of this Tomy TRON recreation. The game play is more difficult than the hand held game. Perhaps I'm disappointed in the PC recreation of the game because I'm so familiar with the actual game's timing and patterns. I wonder if the guy who created that continued working on it to make it more like the actual game?

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, July, 04, 2005 8:41 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:What emulator?

As far as I know, there is no emulator for this game. I did find a respectable recreation of it a few years ago though. I'm sorry, I don't remember the site I got it from, or I'd post it. But I bet you can find it by doing a few searches. I don't have the (PC recreation) game anymore though - I lost tract of it long ago.

The game runs inside of a cool image of the outside of the hand held game itself - as if you're looking at it while playing. The game graphics are pretty dead on and match the actual game very well. But the game play is different than the game. Unfortunately, I thought the game play was the weakest aspect of this Tomy TRON recreation. The game play is more difficult than the hand held game. Perhaps I'm disappointed in the PC recreation of the game because I'm so familiar with the actual game's timing and patterns. I wonder if the guy who created that continued working on it to make it more like the actual game?

I've got that version in the Archives. Want me to upload it?

DaveTRON

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Monday, July, 04, 2005 9:12 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:I've got that version in the Archives. Want me to upload it?

Sure!
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

CalvinSpiff II
User

on Tuesday, July, 05, 2005 3:19 AM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:
CalvinSpiff II Wrote:I have an emulator

What emulator?

An emulator for the Tomy Tron. It's just that I don't remember where I got it from... order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming for you, people! You thought you'd defeated me, but I'm still here! I will kill you all! MWAHAHAH *cough wheeze* HAHAHA *hack cough* argh.

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, July, 05, 2005 10:21 AM
File uploaded. Waiting for Admins to clear it now.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, July, 05, 2005 10:40 AM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Tuesday, July, 05, 2005 10:56 AM

Cool! Thanks Dave, I'll check it out tonight from home.

Hale-XF11
User

on Tuesday, July, 05, 2005 2:08 PM
Wow, that emulator was a lot more convincing than I thought it would be. Pretty neat!

One thing I found interesting is that I think that Sark's lightcycle is actually just slightly more intelligent in this simulator than on my actual machine. On my machine I can always pass him up and turn my corners really quickly in front of him at least for the first few levels. It seems like this sim starts you out just a little differently with Sark being just a tad faster, but other than that it's pretty much spot on. I didn't think it would look and sound so much like the real thing.

It's definitely worth downloading for all Tron fans!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Napseeker
User

on Friday, July, 08, 2005 8:19 PM
Has anyone else had problems downloading the emulator? I only seem to get a "Server not found" error when I click on the link. Not sure what's gone wrong.

BorgmanJayce
User

on Monday, March, 13, 2006 10:04 AM
I've got one unboxed from the UK which I got years ago when I was a little kid and I believe it was distributed by a company called Grandstand over here.

I may sell it on eBay in the near future if I can find out what a reasonable price would be to sell it at...on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, March, 13, 2006 11:30 AM
BorgmanJayce Wrote:I've got one unboxed from the UK which I got years ago when I was a little kid and I believe it was distributed by a company called Grandstand over here.

I may sell it on eBay in the near future if I can find out what a reasonable price would be to sell it at...

Unboxed they go from $10 to $25. The boxed ones can fetch up to $100 on occasion. Good luck. If you had the box for that one I'd be all over it.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 My Tomytronic Tron!