Collector 
 WHAT THE!?!?!?!?!?!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
foilism
User

WHAT THE!?!?!?!?!?!

on Monday, March, 07, 2005 5:21 PM
Ok guys, what is this abou, hey, what is this all about??? I don't have a clue what to say??!?!

Crazy TRON ebay item
Someones gotta get this thing...davetron are you there?

foilism
User

Re: WHAT THE!?!?!?!?!?!

on Monday, March, 07, 2005 5:28 PM
Reading that description this is the real deal people, never seen anything like it on ebay, or ANYWHERE!

Maybe if we all chipped in $50, tron-sector could own it, shared collections??

Cool that it resides in London...

Riparian
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2005 5:37 PM
five days left.... I don't get paid till the 18th!

I'm posting here when I could be playing Ogre... Go figure! O_o

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, March, 07, 2005 5:56 PM
VERY cool!

But, WAAAAAY too expensive for me.

That guy was no TRON fan though. Just a middle-man in search of $$. TRON never wore that item in the film as he stated. Look at him - preying on TRON fan's pocketbooks like that!

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2005 6:30 PM

I am VERY skeptical. I wonder how hard it would be to actually make one of those things for yourself using a jai alai scooping thing. And anyone can fake a letter of authentication.

I definately would not pay $1,700 for it, even if it WAS real.

I dunno, I may be wrong, but I have to remain skeptical.

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2005 6:38 PM
Very kewl... certainly looks the part. I notice he said he bought it direct from Disney. Does Disney actually sell stuff like that? I've seen a few studios put props on eBay before. Babylon 5 comes to mind but aside from maybe eBay how would one get something like that? Do you just walk into a Disney office somewhere and ask what TRON props they have for sale?

Just curious...
Carl

Kamui
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2005 6:38 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:VERY cool!

But, WAAAAAY too expensive for me.

That guy was no TRON fan though. Just a middle-man in search of $$. TRON never wore that item in the film as he stated. Look at him - preying on TRON fan's pocketbooks like that!

Looks way too suspicious to me. First thing, Tron never had a "disk launcher" to launch his disks - he used this amazing creation called ARMS! Secondly, if I recalled correctly (Assuming that this guy mislabled this) , the "scoop" (I'm calling that for the sake of argument) was NOT something that had a handle but much like an "arm piece" which took up the entire hand.... essentially, it WAS the hand. So by looking at this, it has a handle and it looks way too small to be one of these "scoops." So it can't actually be from the movie and it could be a fake. However, in the third scenario, it could be something from production.... in otherwords, a prototype that wasn't used in the movie..... but DaveTRON could confirm (or deny) it.

Again, best bet (no pun intended) is to not go for this. Already, it looks too good to be true....

~Kamui.EXE

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2005 7:55 PM
I think if you want to find out if it's fake or real you do some reasearch...

otherwise, my brother stole my wallet and either way i'm $1695 short to buy it...

fake or real, it would make a good addition to the site...
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Hale-XF11
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2005 10:48 PM
I thought I might have heard somewhere (perhaps on one of those Disney tours I went on) that Disney has a policy against selling movie props from as far back as the early '80s, maybe even further. I wonder if anyone can confirm that for us. Then again, who knows what kind of items find their way out of that place. Either way, this item could just as easily be faked...and where's the picture of this so-called letter of authenticity?

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Astrozombbie!!!
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2005 11:07 PM
is expensive for me

If this arm is real...

how this guy managed to obtain it? really to Disney?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

itom
User

on Monday, March, 07, 2005 11:28 PM
Disney auctions sold a lot of TRON props a couple years back - That's how I got Flynn's Desk Chair. I have Disney certificate of authenticity just like the auction says for this item.

I remember these costume items were going for a lot of money and (lucky for me) no one bid too high on the chair. I got it for as low as Disney would let it go for ($500)

I'm pretty darn sure this is the real deal.

"Reading that description this is the real deal people, never seen anything like it on ebay, or ANYWHERE!"

Where WERE you guys??? - the Disney auctions WERE eBay!!! They also had some cool Black Hole props on auction!

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, March, 08, 2005 8:00 AM
itom Wrote: Where WERE you guys??? - the Disney auctions WERE eBay!!! They also had some cool Black Hole props on auction!

Thanks... that does sound familiar. I remember your chair. Personally I try to avoid eBay. It can get a little addictive and things can get so expensive. Still I wish I'd seen all these auctions. I'd have been content just to save the pictures so I'd have a clue what was out there. Anyone here save any of the pictures of the TRON or Black Hole items? I'd love to see them.

Carl

Prankster bit
User

on Tuesday, March, 08, 2005 12:23 PM

i say you get it. i would chip in, but i don't have a credit card, and [thanks to half life 2] i realised that sending a money order over to North America costs the equivelent of $25 [roughly] including the money being sent.

it would be cool for TS to be able to say "hey, we got a real [probably] scoop from the tron ring-game"

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

Vortex.EXE
User

on Tuesday, March, 08, 2005 1:18 PM
...ok...correct me if I'm wrong, but, it was an actual extension of Flynn's arm, therefore, it was the same width all the way to the scoop...second, wasn't it a ball they threw at each other?..

...just a thought...

Prankster bit
User

on Tuesday, March, 08, 2005 1:22 PM

you were right, and it was a ball

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

itom
User

on Tuesday, March, 08, 2005 7:01 PM
Vortex.EXE Wrote:...ok...correct me if I'm wrong, but, it was an actual extension of Flynn's arm, therefore, it was the same width all the way to the scoop...second, wasn't it a ball they threw at each other?..

The point being?

foilism
User

on Wednesday, March, 09, 2005 5:23 AM
Hiya guys, i sent the chap an email sying i know a few interested peeps, and he tells me its the real prop from the origianl film, used by Flynn. I think its ther real deal, and that price isn't impossible.

TimothyC
User

on Wednesday, March, 09, 2005 9:21 AM
To confirm what has already been said, Disney did auction quite a bit of Tron loot on eBay years ago. I believe it was around '99/'00, but I may be off (can someone confirm this).

Check out Alex's spiffy Crom costume below. It was from the same group of auctions years ago:
http://www.toyarchive.com/MovieProps/TronDumontCostume1.html
$1700 for a film used prop (if it is indeed film used) is not that unreasonable. I would be concerned with the seller's low amount of selling feedback however. Although I started purchasing Tron items in the late 90's, I didn't get serious about it until sometime in late 2001. Sadly, I didn't see any of those Disney auctions years ago.

I've spent quite a bit this year on the collection already and with CIII (Celebration III) coming up in late April, I'm not even going to consider this piece. If it closes w/ no bids, you better believe I'll be sending the seller an e-mail though .

-Timothyorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collect toys? If so then check out the forums at www.toytraderz.com and view the largest online toy database anywhere on the net.

foilism
User

on Wednesday, March, 09, 2005 9:57 AM
lol, yeah I think your right tim, thats a hefty prop as well, not some lamp shade or orange, a real bit o kit. Go for it I'm rooting for yer.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Vortex.EXE
User

on Wednesday, March, 09, 2005 1:17 PM
itom Wrote:
Vortex.EXE Wrote:...ok...correct me if I'm wrong, but, it was an actual extension of Flynn's arm, therefore, it was the same width all the way to the scoop...second, wasn't it a ball they threw at each other?..

The point being?
my point is, I didn't think it was that rugged (for lack of a better term) I thought it was more smooth...

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 WHAT THE!?!?!?!?!?!