Level Question

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
bweiser
User

Level Question

on Wednesday, April, 20, 2005 6:28 PM
Just curious...

is it possible to edit the retail single player maps?
I'm wanting to put an Archive Bin(s) with all the weapons and stuff at the start of the game. Only problem is I don't know how to open up the Retail Maps to efit them.

Im sure you have to decompress them but Google gives no results to what I have been searching.

If that is not possible, perhaps I could create a custom level that will link to a retail map so I can run thru get all the weapons and stuff and use a butt load of optimizers to upgrade everything and the like, and walk thru a port into the retail map of my choosing and continue the game as normal.

Any ideas? Im not used to DEdit, but I do know wuite a bit about level design so feel free to use technical chat with me.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Level Question

on Wednesday, April, 20, 2005 8:06 PM

bweiser Wrote:is it possible to edit the retail single player maps?
The short answer is no. The editing tools only came with one single player map's source file. The maps you extract from the game are all in compiled form. You need the source files, which weren't released. There's no decompiler, either.

If that is not possible, perhaps I could create a custom level that will link to a retail map so I can run thru get all the weapons and stuff and use a butt load of optimizers to upgrade everything and the like, and walk thru a port into the retail map of my choosing and continue the game as normal.
That's possible, but not the easiest thing to do. It would take a long time to explain how to do that. You'd be creating a mod for the game.

I'm wanting to put an Archive Bin(s) with all the weapons and stuff at the start of the game. Only problem is I don't know how to open up the Retail Maps to efit them.
Ok, I want to modify the Optimizer to be useable unlimited times. What is it I edit to do this?
You can't use an Optimizer more than once. The game's been designed so it can be used once, only. But if you put in Archive Bins, you can have all the subroutines in them at Gold level to begin with.

So . . . all this is because you want to cheat in the game and start off with all the subroutines at gold level?

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

bweiser
User

on Wednesday, April, 20, 2005 8:18 PM
Basicaly yes.

I've beat the game normaly on Easy to Hard, but the Very Hard setting is driving me nuts, hard to do. But I feel I've been patient enough with the cheats so yeah... I still would like to do the Archive Bin thing tho, but I still gotta figure out how to make the custom level link to another level within the game, sort of like Half-life does it, you could start a custom map in there and link straight to another level thats part of the game.

Too bad there isnt a way to automaticaly spawn optimizers from within the game lol.

Tabulator
User

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 7:40 PM
Actually, I THINK optimizers have a template setting so you MAY be able to spawn them. I'll have to check it out. If it has a command setting, you could make it remove itself then spawn a new one with a spawner.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

policy:
Disabling your firewall: Free
Acquiring your information: Free
Shipping and handling: $30

We appreciate your cooperation.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Level Question