Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 LC League Idea

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
osaka_1
User

LC League Idea

on Tuesday, May, 03, 2005 7:16 AM
I dont know if anyone has suggested this, but how easy/hard would it be to set up a LC league?

You can specify what times to be online and on what server. Leagues could be in groups of 6 with one person spectating acting as a referee.

You could play a certain number of full circuits a week, 1 or 2 would be best i think, and note down number of circuits, races and points won. This can be used to create the league table. Top player gets promoted, bottom relegated.

Dont know how easy it would be to organise, but could be fun!

Compucore
User

Re: LC League Idea

on Tuesday, May, 03, 2005 7:30 AM
Sounds cool to me. I could keep the stats and all that for all of us here. and make something out of it for here for those who are interested in doing that. Would be interesting to find out how good we all are. From the best to the worste players lik myself who play the cycles under 3 seconds flat.

Maybe even make a after commentary of the players after game play for it. Something like hockey but more over tron gaming here.

What do the other think about this?

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

laphtiya
User

on Wednesday, May, 04, 2005 6:51 AM
Very nice idea, the only concern for a guy like me is the Lagg Living in the UK I get a very laggy LC game, ping is around 150 - 200 at times the best I have had stays around the 100 mark.

osaka_1
User

on Wednesday, May, 04, 2005 7:17 AM
Im from the UK too, get similar ping also.

What connection speed do you have?

I have a 256kb Broadband on cable which is going up to 512kb soonish. Ping is not always a factor, Ive won several circuits having a ping twice as high as the others. But it is annoying having a high ping ima

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, May, 04, 2005 7:04 PM
Actually, the league idea is very similar sounding to what many of the LC regulars refer to as clans. There was a time when there were several clans and they would arrange to compete with each other. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often any more.

I don't think it would be too hard to set up a league if you wanted though. Getting people all on the same schedule so they can show up at the designated times may be tricky though.

You might want to start off by just seeing who you can get to show up on one of the team LC servers - maybe the 3 vs. 3 server, so you can get some general team games going first

laphtiya
User

on Thursday, May, 05, 2005 7:36 AM
I have a 2mb connection lol, But its the upload rate which helps with online gaming.

About the leagues, I mean you could have a Team league but you could also have just a table of single one on one game league as well.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

mrdoopey
User

on Thursday, May, 05, 2005 11:34 AM
laphtiya Wrote:I have a 2mb connection lol, But its the upload rate which helps with online gaming.

About the leagues, I mean you could have a Team league but you could also have just a table of single one on one game league as well.

I had co-administrated a one-on-one league for an online pool league, so I could help out, if someone is interested. It takes quite a bit of time though to develop (which I do not have at the moment). Being a late-nighter on the West Coast doesn't help too much either.

It would be fairly easy to set up...wouldn't cost anything either! It would take a heck of a lot of time online to get it up and running smoothly though.

ShivaGoddess
User

on Thursday, May, 05, 2005 4:02 PM
yeah, a few clans still exist, but after crackho decided not to do ladders anymore, then most lost interest...i'm sure ppl would love doing it again....here's the list of the clans i think are still around and the ones to contact if you want in..:

W?E (Whatever): yours truly
NE (Nintendo Evolution) : Sweaty Pyro or Twisted Edge
Bastard (yes this one is actual clan;P) VMan or Layer
I know Ghostrider still has one, but don't remember the name of it..sry GR where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

kid at heart..goddess by nature
">WHATEVER: It All Matters

laphtiya
User

on Friday, May, 06, 2005 4:43 AM
Hey, Just downloaded the custom maps from

www.patchgonebad.com

I didnt know they had the classic cycle grid from the movie. I think for 3v3 games this map should be used, with no power ups leaving it down to pure skill with a cycle. Well thats just my idea what do you guys/gals think?

harpo989
User

on Friday, May, 06, 2005 11:02 PM
Well, glad I cought this...

I haven't played LC in months, but it'd be fun to (re)join Whatever for some matches.
Yeah, so... uhm... my two cents.

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Compucore
User

on Friday, May, 06, 2005 11:33 PM
Why don't we do a kind of rotation of servers here. WHere we can have lets say as an example here. WHere the time diffetence is not that great there.Multiple competition there. Where we could have competition going from West coast , agains central. Then going from central to east coast. And from east coast across the big lake to the UK as an example. And we gather up the data and post the stats thatway. Or vice versa. Its just an idea. For both the disk and lightcycle arena's.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

ShivaGoddess
User

on Monday, May, 09, 2005 4:21 PM
you know you're always welcome harpo...and just so you know...i never consisdered you left..;P

kid at heart..goddess by nature
">WHATEVER: It All Matters

laphtiya
User

on Monday, May, 09, 2005 5:52 PM
I think its the perfect Idea, I mean we could knock together a website with League tables (Beta, Alpha and Gold groups) with promition and religations. We could even have an award for the best out of the 3 leagues and an award for the guys at the bottom. Should be really good we would just have to sort something out with the servers. I know a guy who lives in Amsterdam he set up a lightcycle game and a Disc arena where I had a ping of 40. It was strange playing the game with no lag lol.

laphtiya
User

on Tuesday, May, 10, 2005 5:40 AM
wow i really need to save my posting for when I am awake, my english was so bad in that post! LOL

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, May, 10, 2005 7:27 AM
The post before this one was fine. I understood completely coming from a Canack eh! ;D

laphtiya Wrote:wow i really need to save my posting for when I am awake, my english was so bad in that post! LOL

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

laphtiya
User

on Tuesday, May, 10, 2005 11:07 AM
it must be me just completely looks wrong LOL. But ya like I said we could have

Beta, Alpha, Gold leagues. Now only would the best players be in the gold but you could have harder cycle grids for them to race on, to spice things up a bit.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, May, 10, 2005 11:58 AM
Well why don't we start something here with the the people who are available going from like what you had said. Alpha for beginner, Beta for who are okay in the game, and gold for the best people in the game. And maybe we could mix uo a little bit from all three from time to time for evening out group from the poor to teh best were we have one from each in a groupd for disk arean or for light cycles. Against another group of the samething.

And eventually we can have others come onboard with the tournament. It could really work here.

laphtiya Wrote:it must be me just completely looks wrong LOL. But ya like I said we could have

Beta, Alpha, Gold leagues. Now only would the best players be in the gold but you could have harder cycle grids for them to race on, to spice things up a bit.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

dmc_dc
User

on Thursday, November, 03, 2005 9:04 AM
HI only been connected to Tron 2.0 for the past week and I am already hooked, I like the sound of this league thing you’re on about... And the idea of no power ups will defiantly sort out the good from the bad... it's going to take some doing though.

on counter strike they use a program called "team speak" so they can talk to each other. dont know if that can be used here...

Layer.dll
User

on Thursday, November, 03, 2005 9:36 PM
as a matter of fact...Teamspeak works easily under TRON...

to find some PGBers playing (not just TRON) you can set your TeamSpeak to:

Enter a nickname and then just log in as anonymous...

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, November, 09, 2005 11:19 PM
Thanks Layer, I forgot to add that in last time you mentioned it. TS is cool! I could play for hours just to talk.. unfortunately, I find it's 3am when I stop talking..where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 LC League Idea