Oatched and non patched Tron 2.0

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Compucore
User

on Friday, May, 06, 2005 5:11 PM
I say yo!

Here is a quick question for everyone here. I just got my kid bro hooked on Tron 2.0 He finally got himeself a new computer in Toronto and all that. And He decided to splurge on Tron 2.0 for his computer. Since he had already tried it on mine over here. Anyways. THe question that I am asking here. For playing a on the net. Does he need the patches for the game tron 2.0. Cause I have my gaming computer with tron 2.0 all patched for the game and I was trying to see if he cna log onto my computer that I had set up as a host for a simple try out for him and myself. Is it possible that a patched version of tron 2.0 and a non patched version will not recognized the other or see other servers. Because we both have legit copies of the the game itself. I just wantd to get everyones opinion on this here.

Ate the same time I am having him check out his firewall to make sure that it will let the game go through his dsl connection there. Since he is going online to play it on a machine llike what I play and checking out the other servers. So it also may be that his symantec firewall may be blocking it from reaching the internet.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

Re: Oatched and non patched Tron 2.0

on Friday, May, 06, 2005 9:34 PM
Sweet! Got your kid bro hooked on - excellent work, Compucore!

Here - you've earned these!

He will need the latest patch for the game to be able to play online multiplayer mode. Without the latest patch, it will not work in multiplayer mode and he will not be able to connect to any of the servers.

BUT if he hasn't completed the single player game yet - he may want to hold off on the patch. Once the patch has been installed, all previously saved game data will no longer work.

I hope this was helpful.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

Re: Oatched and non patched Tron 2.0

on Friday, May, 06, 2005 9:53 PM
Ooooohhh Yeah. Well he knows that I'm the tron fanatic at our home here. Evn though I don't own any other tron things besixthe game and a few autographs through our faithful high guru of avitars Sketch there. And once he saw it on the PIII500 he enjoyed every second on what he played on my gaming rig over here.

Thats what I figured mostly. Cause we had tried from my end here. Since I had the game patched already beforeplaying the game. Myself and his as well on my machine. That it might not work since the original had some bugs in it for the internet connection part for online gaming. I also mentioned what you had toldme. He'll wait until he finished the game there then he'll patch it up afterwards. I think once he hpatch it all up with the latest release. for XP. ,i> he's using XP media center with viao computer from Sony. That he'll be okay there to play online as well. I'm trying to get him to come over here as well so I can introduce him to Tron-sector So that he can meet up with the gang here and know where I usualy hang around with ojline at tron sector. And ogf course play disc and light cycles when we're online.

Would be interesting to keep stats for all of us who can play together online here. I'm even willing to take some time out and just keep the sats going for all of us her at tron sector for the online leagues.

TheReelTodd Wrote:Sweet! Got your kid bro hooked on - excellent work, Compucore!

Here - you've earned these!

He will need the latest patch for the game to be able to play online multiplayer mode. Without the latest patch, it will not work in multiplayer mode and he will not be able to connect to any of the servers.

BUT if he hasn't completed the single player game yet - he may want to hold off on the patch. Once the patch has been installed, all previously saved game data will no longer work.

I hope this was helpful.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer