Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Other Games 
 About as close to digitization as you can get.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
PungentOgre
User

on Wednesday, July, 27, 2005 9:14 AM
so anyway, I've always been imaginitive... But back in the early 90's Virtual fighter and the early 3D games started coming out. i was completly facinated with them, they - to me - looked verry Tronish. i must have been 9 or 10, but i had a verry intresting thought for a 9 or 10 year old. Digitization does exist, it did then... just not quite like tron. it existed back then too... only back then it was slightly difrent. Now a person stands in a booth, and a scanner circles them, and using lasers and what not creates a 3 demensional model of that person to be used in a computer environment. this is used alot in movies when a sceen is just too dangerous, or unrealistic to have a real actor in place.

anyway, back in the 90's the process was alittle more complicated, but to the same end result. and my brain stopped and said,"hey! i wish i could play Virtual fighter (and other games) as Me." i even wrote out exactly how to do it.

step 1) stop off at your local mall and pay a visit to a digitization booth. pay a fee of about 4 bucks and (at the time i was thinking just face and generic body, but technoligies have adapted.) a tech sets up the IK bone structure for your model.

step 2) model is loaded onto a memory card(got that idea from the Neo*Geo game stations), or now... a USB memory Key.

step 3) *plug memory key into avalible slot on arcade game you wish to play. and select your character from the menu. As your character has no movelist (or maybe it does, i don't know) select the player in the game you are playing that has a movelist you would like to use. Computer then applies all controlls and animations to your IK skelleton. same way caracters like WeaponsMaster(soul callibur), and that wood guy from Tekken work.
**only works if the game supports the option ofcourse.

Top 10 scores not only save your initials, but also saves your character, who could even possibly be used as an in game opponent. Heck, why not a game that the onlt people you fight are other peoples avatars? if done right it could work, and would take almost nothing to make.

presto, you're playing as you.

just think about it... if this device were in existance as it is quite feasible, You could have played Tron 2.0 as You.

today the technoligy is there and it's never been cheaper.

i mention this idea here as it was an early Tron inspired idea. i've had many others over the years, and i have thought them all out to the point where they could be a reality if i put some effort into them.

there is a company in california that almost had the same idea... they digitize you in as a quake 3 model... and it can only be used in that game. idealy my format would have been a univeral format.

this file format would be supported in game types including 3d fighters, first person shooters, sports (for all you jocks) and damn near anything with a 3d engine these days.
so, what do you think... who would want to be digitized in this way?

i have other tron inspired ideas including a Human Interface Device... well a few of them. one is basicaly works like a Star Trek Holosuite. but i'm not giving that one away as no one has shown any sign of being even remotely close in concept =P.

the unit it's self would initialy be expensive as it would be new technoligies, well rather adaption of current technoligies. but as i have designed it in such a way as to keep initial cost down.... i've gone off topic again. well have a nice day all. sorry for all the bad spellingorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Boingo_Buzzard
User

Re: About as close to digitization as you can get.

on Wednesday, July, 27, 2005 12:14 PM
PungentOgre Wroteresto, you're playing as you.

Well... Here's the thing. I play video games to escape reality. Playing a game as me holds no interest for me. I spend 99.9% of my day as me, it might be fun to step outside of myself and be someone else for a while.

who would want to be digitized in this way?

I would want to be "digitized" in a more immersive environment. I wouldn't spend money just to have my likeness added to a video game. To me it seems just a tad narcissistic.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

PungentOgre
User

on Wednesday, July, 27, 2005 5:40 PM
don't worry, i'm too ugly to be narcisistic. it's was just a fun idea from a long time ago.
the real fun part for me was just taking an idea and thinking through how to impliment it. like solving a puzzle.

they way i have it worked out, it wouldn't cost more then about $20 and 15 minutes for the entire user end package, and i just thought there was a market for something like that somewhere. maybe the Narcicists, no?

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, July, 27, 2005 6:07 PM
PungentOgre Wrote:i just thought there was a market for something like that somewhere. maybe the Narcicists, no?

Oh, I can guarantee you that just because I don't like something doesn't mean it won't be a commercial success. Usually quite the opposite.

My opinion doesn't mean for squat usually, but that never stops me from voicing it

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, July, 27, 2005 9:52 PM

adapting something like that with the industry is a bug in the making. they would require more proprietary involvement, than you would want to know. And trying to be sensitive to a game's quality, adding your own genere may not fly. But it could definately be a tool to market a game with that, such as such as a VR sims type thing.. just a hunch.. patent it.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games