TRON: LEGACY 
 New Tron movie is comming!!!!!!!!!!!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Denny.30
User

on Friday, August, 26, 2005 4:58 PM
ok. it´s true. but the sad news is that it´s not a new movie. it´s just a remake of tron. This time the computer programmer gets trapped in a cyberworld, so that the film can utilize the Internet. the movie will maby come out next year.

Erase all Viruses!!!

DaveTRON
User

Re: New Tron movie is comming!!!!!!!!!!!

on Friday, August, 26, 2005 6:05 PM
This story is already known here and here. Actually, it's proving to be mostly untrue as well.

Disney has commissioned many people to do script treatments for TRON and so far not one of them has made it to the screen.

Frankly, I am not sure we will ever see a second TRON movie, remake or not.

Welcome to the site by the way. Hope you'll stick around!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

Denny.30
User

on Saturday, August, 27, 2005 3:52 PM
so i´m from germany. so why do u think that it´s not true? if u go on google and search for tron remake, there r many sites all telling the same thing about it. so if it´s not true or a fake it´s a good one.

Erase all Viruses!!!

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Saturday, August, 27, 2005 5:19 PM

You can't believe everything you read on the internet. Even imdb.com, the site I trust the most for movie related facts is pretty awful when it comes to information about future productions. Rumors and whispers are sometimes touted as fact, but then turn out to be nothing more than just an idea someone had or an interest maybe shown at some point in something.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, August, 27, 2005 5:46 PM
And besides, we would have known this if there was a new Tron movie.

This isn't Tron-Sector for nothing.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Prankster bit
User

on Saturday, August, 27, 2005 6:11 PM

I have searched all through my movie info site for anything about this tron remake, and i have not found one thing. this is both good and bad

good because if there is no tron remake, then it keeps up with the times pretty well.

but bad because if there is, then it's falling behind.

Boingo, i suggest you take a look at this place. it's never let me down so far.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, August, 27, 2005 8:39 PM
I know the scripts have been comissioned at various times. I have copies of all of Steven's versions. The best story so far is his MCP storyline. He likes one called the 'Search Engine' story. Actually, a combination of the two would probably make the perfect TRON 2.0 movie.

The fact is, Disney doesn't know what to do with TRON.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

XenoTron
User

on Saturday, August, 27, 2005 8:58 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Actually, a combination of the two would probably make the perfect TRON 2.0 movie.

Why can't they just make a movie using the plot of the Tron 2.0 game? I know movies based on video games suck as a general rule, but Tron 2.0 DID have a solid plot. I liked the idea of Alan's son doing everything as a "next generation" kind of feel.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, August, 27, 2005 11:59 PM

Denny.30 Wrote:so i´m from germany. so why do u think that it´s not true? if u go on google and search for tron remake, there r many sites all telling the same thing about it. so if it´s not true or a fake it´s a good one.
Well the thing is, that news is old. If it was true, there would have been more announcements that followed. But there haven't been any. Hence, the project went nowhere.

I did happen to see a recent casting call announcement mentioned on IMDB's message boards, but I think it was bogus.

XenoTron Wrote:Why can't they just make a movie using the plot of the Tron 2.0 game? I know movies based on video games suck as a general rule, but Tron 2.0 DID have a solid plot. I liked the idea of Alan's son doing everything as a "next generation" kind of feel.
DaveTRON would have to confirm this, but my understanding is that the story for Tron 2.0 actually was originally intended to be made into a movie. But Disney decided to make it a game, instead.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Compucore
User

on Sunday, August, 28, 2005 12:33 AM
The news of having a tron 2.0 movie or a new tron movie has come and gone like the wind. there were many rumors that were crushed about that ever happening there.. And like some of the others have mentioned you can't always rely on the net for everything to be true too. THere is a lot of information out there and a there is also a lot of Disinformation out there to sift through. You have to sift through a lot in order to get the gold nugget that you want. The remaking of Tron or a new version of tron. Will probably will not happen. And Davetron Please corect me on this if I have misquote or mis interpreted as well. I think someone had mentioned that Disney doesn't even know what to do with tron right. Since Tron is like 25 some odd years old now. I think personally Disney can't really decide on what to do with tron. I mean Disney did take a risk into using the computer tech at the time to create some really impressive animation with it. Which lasted about 10-15 minutes give or take a few minutes. And Can't decide whether its good to update or create a new Tron Sequel movie to go with the games that are already created for the PC, Mac, And Xbox.

As we all kinow that BVI Didn't do too well in marketing the game as a game sequel to the original movie. Which I think they should have pushed TRON 2.0 so far ahead of themselves that it wouldbe already hitting light speed by now in my opinion.

Denny.30 Wrote:so i´m from germany. so why do u think that it´s not true? if u go on google and search for tron remake, there r many sites all telling the same thing about it. so if it´s not true or a fake it´s a good one.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Denny.30
User

on Sunday, August, 28, 2005 4:58 PM
sad to hear this. cause i´ve also seen a site with a countdown till the new tron remake and a site where people could post there thoughts about it. most where like "a remake. that would suck. most remakes r bad. tron is a classic and they should leave it that way."

too bad.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=30173
so if there is a new tron movie it´s just true when the news can make it to this site tron-sector?

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Erase all Viruses!!!

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, August, 28, 2005 8:06 PM
Denny.30,

You are new here, so we'll bring you up to date.

The news you are reporting is from earlier this year. It's old news.

Second, I used to work at Disney, and I have contacts there that keep me fairly up-to-date on TRON news.

Third, Steven Lisberger is a close friend of mine and he was promised copies of the script for this redo months ago and they have NEVER materialized.

If there is any site on the web that will have TRON news first (or second), it's probably this one.

We can at the very least take the rumors and get some facts behind them. At this point in time, the facts indicate that the remake is either stalled at Disney or not happening at all.

Currently, there are 7 known script ideas/drafts for TRON 2.0. Steven Lisberger has supplied 3, Richard Jefferies supplied a 4th. There are 2 others by authors unknown that were comissioned and stalled (these are only known via anecdotal info), and then the remake script.

None of these stories have gone forward. If you count the story for TRON 2.0 the game, there are 8 total, and 8.5 with the prequel story in TRON Gameboy Advance.

TRON as a feature film is currently not active, and aside from the story you are quoting from earlier this year, there is no NEW news regarding production. It simply isn't happening right now. Hope it will, but right now it's not.

We all appreciate your enthusiasm and desire to see another film, we all shar eit, but your info was a bit behind the times. That's all.

Hang around, and we'll all find out together.

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, August, 28, 2005 8:09 PM
I should add that as I left Buena Vista Games, there was a game in development called TRON 3.0. The Producer no longer works at Disney, and as far as I know, it is also no longer in Production. I could be wrong considering my contacts there t BVG are not so good these days, but all indications from the little I do know are that it was cancelled. Time will tell.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

myrddinemrys
User

on Sunday, August, 28, 2005 10:30 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:I should add that as I left Buena Vista Games, there was a game in development called TRON 3.0.
i knew there was a gaping wide hole in the storyline begging for a sequel.
This is what kills me: I have found that, in many cases with media of many types (books, movies, games, whatever), an author will leave gaps in the story that will slightly hint towards a sequel. Later, for some reason, the high mucky-mucks file it in the round bin. Rather unfortunate, too, because there are fans to be had, who will gladly pay.

This is another thing that gets me: Disney SHOULD HAVE made Tron 2.0 a movie. Using the game concept as a "test market" just isn't a good idea. Look at Hollywood's history of movies based on games--stinky. Let's face it. Mortal Kombat was horrible, not to mention Super Mario Brothers, Street Fighter, and who knows what else. I never went to see Final Fantasy, though it looked interesting. In addition, not everyone has a PC at home, let alone a Mac. That is projecting revenue based on a limited audience, with the presupposition that "geek" types would be into it. Tron was not promoted amongst a scene of geek types, people from many walks of life who didn't know much about computers got into it, because the fantasy of the world of Tron captivated them. I think, if a sequel is not released, it will cheat this generation from what we were able to enjoy. Yeah, it's just a movie, I know. But at that point in history, it was ahead of its time. This is where I find fantasy finds it's place in society: telling a story of a world beyond words, outside of time, separate from the mundane reality of day to day dullery, calling us beyond ourselves to become greater. Fantasy gives us a sense of hope of something better. There has to be a world that is like that (I'm starting to sound a little religious, but religion was very closely linked to the Tron story, was it not? Personally, I believe a world exists beyond our own imaginations--not the Tron world, sillies.).
JRR Tolkien's stories weren't exactly readily accepted, but look at what we have now! Now we can read his notes! That world has greatly expanded, probably more than Tolkien would have imagined. I'll stop. Keep hoping.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Sunday, August, 28, 2005 11:39 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:and as far as I know, it is also no longer in Production.

Bummer. That would have been a neat continuation to what I felt was an incomplete story in Tron 2.0.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Denny.30
User

on Monday, August, 29, 2005 1:54 AM
ok now i know it.
and u r right. Using the game concept as a "test market" just isn't a good idea. and yes movies based on videogames r mostly shit. but they need to remember that tron isn´t a game. it´s a movie. as i sayed before. was released on dvd rom here in germany. and at this time, not many people could play dvd´s on there pc´s. thats why i got a new pc just to play .

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Erase all Viruses!!!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, August, 29, 2005 3:05 AM

DaveTRON Wrote:I should add that as I left Buena Vista Games, there was a game in development called TRON 3.0. The Producer no longer works at Disney, and as far as I know, it is also no longer in Production. I could be wrong considering my contacts there t BVG are not so good these days, but all indications from the little I do know are that it was cancelled. Time will tell.
I wonder if that would have been on a completely new game engine, or the existing one. If it used the same engine, maybe it would have been the sequel/update to Tron 2.0 we've all been asking for.

Provided they were going to release it for the PC, and not just for consoles. Just looking at all the new games they announced: not one of their action titles is going to be released for the PC. Can't be bothered to support their games, I guess. They just want to sell it, and their responsibility and commitment ends there.

Regarding the scripts . . . good grief, I can't believe Disney has been futzing around this long, by commissioning so many scripts. Isn't it kind of obvious that the creator of Tron should also be responsible for the sequel? I mean, WTF? Stop screwing around.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

myrddinemrys
User

on Monday, August, 29, 2005 9:42 AM
it's because that would be just too smart.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, August, 29, 2005 10:31 AM
Monolith is part of Warner Brothers now, so the it's doubtful that TRON 3.0 would have been in the same engine. It was likely going to be developed by someone else.

I think I have said this before, but the one brilliant idea for an expansiopn pack for 2.0 that Bob Picunko ever had was to redo TRON 1.0 in game form as the expansion. Basically it would have been a prequel to the 2.0 game with all of the events of the film plus some of the interim action between the film and 2.0 the game.

I thought it was a brilliant idea, but it too died on the vine.

If Ic an find it, I will post my story idea for TRON 2.0 the game later today. I'd be curious what you guys think of it. I thought I had a good game idea, maybe not terribly original, but a game was there.

DaveTRON

Prankster bit
User

on Monday, August, 29, 2005 12:47 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Monolith is part of Warner Brothers now, so the it's doubtful that TRON 3.0 would have been in the same engine. It was likely going to be developed by someone else.

i know this is deviating from the topic a bit, but it would be amazing to see a tron game using the Doom 3 engine.

[back onto topic]
it's such a shame to heal all this news, just when the world is catching up with the concept of Tron. we can live and hope, i suppose...

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY