Dedicated Server prob?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Denniske1976
User

Dedicated Server prob?

on Tuesday, September, 13, 2005 4:52 AM
Hello there,

I'm just new here and this is my first post (yeeeyyy) :-)

I have a little problem with my dedicated Server. My friend is trying to connect to it, but when he chooses my Server from the list and clicks Join... nothing happens.

I have Port 27888 forwarded to the Server and before when we were testing with my PC it worked great (had to be 27888 as TCP and UDP, though). So now I forwarded it to my Server and it won't work.

When I choose "Join LAN game" it works great BTW.

If anyone wanna test: I'm in the list as "EN12-82" or my IP is 80.56.43.194

Thanx for tha help y'all

Denniswhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

European Dedicated LC Server:
www.EN12-82.net

Riley Pizt
User

Re: Dedicated Server prob?

on Tuesday, September, 13, 2005 5:21 AM
Denniske1976 Wrote:I have Port 27888 forwarded to the Server and before when we were testing with my PC it worked great (had to be 27888 as TCP and UDP, though). So now I forwarded it to my Server and it won't work.
Forward UDP ports 27888 and 27889 to your server. You need to forward both.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Denniske1976
User

on Tuesday, September, 13, 2005 6:06 AM
Will try tonight... thanx for your help, let's hope it works.

Dennisabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

www.EN12-82.net

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, September, 13, 2005 10:24 AM
...and welcome to TRON Sector!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, September, 13, 2005 12:29 PM
Are you behind a firewall by any chance. Check to make sure if you are behind one. Like I am overn here. You might if you haven't already done this check with your router to see if it set tht your computer can been seen and is able to connect to it. That might be problem. I am not completely 100% sure. And welcome aboard tron-sector. Watch out for Tood He'll be by soon to introduce you here.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Denniske1976
User

on Wednesday, September, 14, 2005 6:31 AM
Compucore Wrote:Are you behind a firewall by any chance. Check to make sure if you are behind one. Like I am overn here. You might if you haven't already done this check with your router to see if it set tht your computer can been seen and is able to connect to it. That might be problem. I am not completely 100% sure. And welcome aboard tron-sector. Watch out for Tood He'll be by soon to introduce you here.

Dunno if I'm behind a real FireWall... not any kind of software FireWall exept the standard Windows FireWall (that let's everything pass haha).

Strange thing is that when we were playing MP on my PC as a Host (not dedicated) everything went fine by just forwarding 27888 TCP/UDP from my router to my PCs IP address.

Now I've set-up a Server (on some old NetServer I had standing around) and forwarded 27888 TCP/UDP to that IP address and he is unable to connect.

BTW: Wouldn't it be a good idea to (maybe) work out some "howto" on this? You know, setting up a Server en using custom maps etc?

Dennis

www.EN12-82.net

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, September, 14, 2005 6:56 AM
Well Check to see with your router. I remember reading up on tron 2.0FAQ from the manual there. That you might have to put or change something in the router. Like I am using over here a Dlink 604 express eitherlink connection and router. I remember reading up that if yoursetting one up and hosting temporary. That you might have to make a change and have the server set for DMZ Demilitorized Zone from the router. I remember seeing that on my router over here. I think it may have to the be the settings in there on it. Just check to see if that is the case for it.

Denniske1976 Wrote:
Compucore Wrote:Are you behind a firewall by any chance. Check to make sure if you are behind one. Like I am overn here. You might if you haven't already done this check with your router to see if it set tht your computer can been seen and is able to connect to it. That might be problem. I am not completely 100% sure. And welcome aboard tron-sector. Watch out for Tood He'll be by soon to introduce you here.

Dunno if I'm behind a real FireWall... not any kind of software FireWall exept the standard Windows FireWall (that let's everything pass haha).

Strange thing is that when we were playing MP on my PC as a Host (not dedicated) everything went fine by just forwarding 27888 TCP/UDP from my router to my PCs IP address.

Now I've set-up a Server (on some old NetServer I had standing around) and forwarded 27888 TCP/UDP to that IP address and he is unable to connect.

BTW: Wouldn't it be a good idea to (maybe) work out some "howto" on this? You know, setting up a Server en using custom maps etc?

Dennis

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Denniske1976
User

on Wednesday, September, 14, 2005 9:39 AM
Well, I tried setting my Server/Host as a DMZ host in my router but that didn't do it I think.

When I did a port scan, it tells me that port 27888 is closed (but probe-able). When I set my Server as a DMZ Host in the router it still had port 27888 closed (but probe-able). So I guess the DMZ option won't make a difference. So now I have port 27888 TCP/UDP forwarded and also port 27889 UDP.

I am not able to test (from the internet), so if anyone wants to test... please feel free to do so. It would help me a lot if I just know anyone is able to join the Server...

BTW: also port 80 and 3389 are forwarded and those work great (and are also listed as OPEN in a port scan).

Dennisorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

www.EN12-82.net

Denniske1976
User

on Friday, September, 16, 2005 9:38 AM
Well, still don't seem to work...

I'll just list the Server setup here: I am running a Windows 2003 Server (Web Edition) on the host and set the Server as a DMZ in my router.

Is there any service I need to configure to allow someone from the outside to get in? Maybe like RRAS or something (since it works flawlessly from the inside)?

This is getting kinda frustrating :-(

www.EN12-82.net

Riley Pizt
User

on Friday, September, 16, 2005 10:54 AM
Denniske1976 Wrote:Well, still don't seem to work...Is there any service I need to configure to allow someone from the outside to get in?
You mentioned before that you were running the Windows Firewall service on that PC. If so, you also need to open UDP ports 27888 and 27889 in it to allow incoming traffic.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Denniske1976
User

on Friday, September, 16, 2005 12:19 PM
Riley Pizt Wrote:
Denniske1976 Wrote:Well, still don't seem to work...Is there any service I need to configure to allow someone from the outside to get in?
You mentioned before that you were running the Windows Firewall service on that PC. If so, you also need to open UDP ports 27888 and 27889 in it to allow incoming traffic.
Nope... I'm not running the Windows FireWall Service on that Server. It's a Windows 2003 Web Server and when ICS is not running, Windows FireWall isn't either.

I just set in my router my Server to DMZ and also forwarded ports 27888/27889 both TCP/UDP.

Just asked some online guy to try and he said he sees the server in the list and when he wants to connect he just gets a clicking noise and nothing else...

BTW: I did notice that in the TextFile for my Dedicated Server the value of MAXPING was 0 (zero). Changed that to 1000.

Is it so damn hard to get this running?

www.EN12-82.net

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, September, 16, 2005 12:57 PM

Denniske1976 Wrote:BTW: Wouldn't it be a good idea to (maybe) work out some "howto" on this? You know, setting up a Server en using custom maps etc?
I do have a bit of a guide to setting up the Dedicated Server in my FAQ. You can click on the banner in my signature to visit it. It's in the Troubleshooting section, under part 9.3 "Crashes, Slowdowns, and other Problems". Scroll about 1/4 way down the page to find it. (I'm eventually going to reorganize that stuff and split it into more sections.)

But the problem with writing a guide is: everyone's set up is different. Everyone is using different firewall software, and different routers. So it makes it hard to come up with exact instructions on what to do in every case.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Dedicated Server prob?