Dedicated Server Problem found!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Denniske1976
User

on Saturday, September, 17, 2005 10:16 AM
Hello there,

Just thought I'd open a new thread here... so my "Dedicated Server Prob" can be closed.

Anywayz, I think I found out the problem with my Dedicated Server not functioning (thanx to joomoo):

Trying to connect to my Server from the list doesn't work. Connecting to 80.56.43.194 (my IP) works without a hitch.

So it seems there is a problem with my IP adress or it availability to the internet?? I have a Cable modem with a DHCP lease from my provider here (although it never changes, it's always 80.56.43.194).

Anyone know how to resolve this??? Or if I am wrong, how to find a solution for this??

Dennis

European Dedicated LC Server:
www.EN12-82.net

Denniske1976
User

Re: Dedicated Server Problem found!

on Saturday, September, 17, 2005 10:19 AM
Oh yeah,

Forgot to mention: Web Server and RDP over web work without a problem (port 80 and 3389 are also forwarded to the Server).

www.EN12-82.net

Compucore
User

on Monday, September, 19, 2005 7:49 PM
What I am thinking here. ANd I might be wrong at this. Since your using cable like I am here for high speed access to the net. I am just wonderiing here. Since your IP is static there. When you had set your router for the server Did you mention to the router the IP that gets from the outside from your ISP to router it to the IP that gets assigned to your server internally on your lan. My reason of thinking here is that it still shows up on the list there. But unable to connect properly for some strange reason to get into the game itself. Does that sond right in what I am saying here??

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Denniske1976
User

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2005 5:09 AM
Compucore Wrote:What I am thinking here. ANd I might be wrong at this. Since your using cable like I am here for high speed access to the net. I am just wonderiing here. Since your IP is static there. When you had set your router for the server Did you mention to the router the IP that gets from the outside from your ISP to router it to the IP that gets assigned to your server internally on your lan. My reason of thinking here is that it still shows up on the list there. But unable to connect properly for some strange reason to get into the game itself. Does that sond right in what I am saying here??

Yeah I think I did that right...

I set my router to forward all the needed ports to my Server (192.168.2.xxx). Since web just works, if you go to http://80.56.43.194 you get some kind of webpage I put there to test. So this means that at least all HTTP (80) traffic is being routed to 192.168.2.xxx and so is RDP (3389).

I have tried various things, like forwarding ports 27000-29000 (because after analysing logfiles from connecting to other TRON Servers I saw that also 27300 etc is opened) and also I used the DMZ option (all ports). But when I connect to my own Server (via LAN of course) only port 27888/UDP is opened.

Weird thing is that connecting to 80.56.43.194 directly works without problems, and that means that all ports are being forwarded correctly to the Server (otherwise you wouldn't be able to get in that way either).

If I wouldn't know better I'd say it's some kind of DNS problem and that my Servername used in the GameSpy list cannot be resolved to 80.56.43.194 (but that would be total BS in this case).

Dennis

www.EN12-82.net

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2005 8:31 AM
Yeah thats just plain weird there. The situation I mean not your server there. It could be that. I am just wondering what else could be the problem there with it. If there is something that we are overlooking there in teh configuration that was not mentioned in the help files. Things that make you go hmmm..

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Denniske1976
User

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2005 2:14 PM
Compucore Wrote:Yeah thats just plain weird there. The situation I mean not your server there. It could be that. I am just wondering what else could be the problem there with it. If there is something that we are overlooking there in teh configuration that was not mentioned in the help files. Things that make you go hmmm..

Hehehe... isn't it supposed to be "other things" that make you go hmmm?? :-D

Anywayz, called my ISP and they're absolutely NOT blocking anything... they even went searching for help on TRON (with two guys) and ended up with the TRON FAQ :-)

Tried masking another MAC address but that just f**ked up my internet connection.

I could try some other Router of course, but I am afraid that after buying another router for anout 70-80 bucks I end up with it not helping at all :-(

Dennis

www.EN12-82.net

Jademz
User

on Sunday, September, 25, 2005 1:12 AM
I get the same problem you do denniske1976.

My problem is that I have Roadrunner, and I have a static IP, but I am stealth to the internet at all times, even when I forward the ports, inside and out.

I have all my ports opened by Roadrunner. So, I noticed when reconfigure the router, I have a window to see the other servers out there, but after I shut the game down, poof. I only see 4 servers.

I have the same opportunity to use my server during that window. I know that if you use AOL specifically, they have a remote connection to your computer, and you dont have those problems. I just havent had the time to use my cable modem w/o the router. So.. I guess I'll have to check it out, and trouble shoot. I have had this problem since I switched ISPs.

Denniske1976
User

on Sunday, September, 25, 2005 7:05 AM
Yeah I thought it could be something like a problem with my ISP's way of putting me on the Net...

Last week I changed the MAC address of my router (to communicate with the Cable Modem) and noticed I had to "reactivate" with my ISP. Next when at work I wanted to login at home and when going to my IP address (80.56.43.194) all I got was a Page Cannot Be Displayed in IE.

Came home and checked and I found that my IP address had changed to 80.56.44.25!!

So it looks as of my ISP assigns the "Public" IP dynamically. Maybe this is what is causing the problems?? Because connecting to my new IP (80.56.44.25) still works.

Dennisorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

www.EN12-82.net

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, September, 25, 2005 3:22 PM

Denniske1976, did you look at this thread and try what I suggested?

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=320891

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Compucore
User

on Sunday, September, 25, 2005 3:26 PM
Well if yor runnning cableor DSL IP will always change when jooked up to an ISP. Itsjust how often they will renew the IP address is up to the ISP them selves. I have heard some ISP will rotate some every hour or once every week.So it will vary depending on how big theISP is.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Denniske1976
User

on Monday, September, 26, 2005 3:23 AM
redrain85 Wrote:

Denniske1976, did you look at this thread and try what I suggested?

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=320891
Yepz, tried that... reinstalled the listed patch and only difference I notice is that now the E-manual from the menu (you know, with Play/Options/Help/Quit) works. It always told me "unable to find file". The quick "Update" message when going into multiplayer still flashes by (only the first time, or until I restart TRON).

I don't think th amount of REZ files is the problem, because in the beginning I had no custom maps at all and had this problem also. At the moment I have about 5 REZ files in the Custom map (I believe the problems start at about 13 files?).

I also tried looking for the ports needed, to see if there was some kind of "General GameSpy" port I need to forward. But when I connect (through LAN that is) to my Dedicated Server and run a netstat command all ports used are 27888/UDP and nothing else. So I guess that's not the problem either?

Anyone wanna share/mail me their Setup (what kind of router/what ports forwarded etc)?

Dennis

www.EN12-82.net

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, September, 26, 2005 4:24 AM

Denniske1976 Wrote:The quick "Update" message when going into multiplayer still flashes by (only the first time, or until I restart TRON).
Something sounds messed up. You shouldn't be getting the update message at all, when you try to go online. That message is a sign that something is wrong with your game installation.

I think you're going to need to re-install the game from scratch, then apply the patch from the link I gave you earlier. (Don't use any other patches. That one is all-inclusive and will bring you totally up to date.)

The reason you're having so many problems (as far as I can tell), is because your game version doesn't match what everyone else has, due to some kind of failed installation of a previous patch. So that's why they can't see your server.

Denniske1976
User

on Monday, September, 26, 2005 1:53 PM
Well, reinstalled everything and ran the update (from the link here) over it...

Anybody wanna try EN12-82 now??

Dennis

PS: I do get one message during installation about Windows Media not installing because it is not compatible with Windows Server 2003. But I recon this ain't the problem either since LAN works.

www.EN12-82.net

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, September, 26, 2005 3:03 PM

Well, I can see your server just fine . . . but I can't join it, because the settings are all wrong.

You've got number of players as 1, and everything else is set to 0. No one will be able to join with those settings. Every setting should have some kind of value, other than 0.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Denniske1976
User

on Monday, September, 26, 2005 10:30 PM
redrain85 Wrote:

Well, I can see your server just fine . . . but I can't join it, because the settings are all wrong.

You've got number of players as 1, and everything else is set to 0. No one will be able to join with those settings. Every setting should have some kind of value, other than 0.

Huh??

Where do you see that? When I look into Server info here (either from Join LAN Game or Join Internet Game) I can see everything is set to something.

For Disc Arena I have Max Teamsize = 2, MaxPing = 1000, etc... and oh yeah, I did have one player on it sometime (unable to see the name though, but Player/Unique Player was both set to 1).

Dennis

BTW: I just started a TRON Light Cycle Server.

www.EN12-82.net

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, September, 26, 2005 11:57 PM

Your server did show those settings for a while. Then later, I noticed everything was set up okay. Dunno what happened in-bewteen.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Denniske1976
User

on Tuesday, September, 27, 2005 5:24 AM
redrain85 Wrote:

Your server did show those settings for a while. Then later, I noticed everything was set up okay. Dunno what happened in-bewteen.

So like... now you can connect and all seems to work fine? Or more like "you have the right settings and I am still unable to connect"?? :-)

Dennis

PS: reason I ask is because when I tried connecting (before the reinstall) and I got kicked off with some "error loading game" message, the Server would still show as 1 Player had connected.

www.EN12-82.net

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer