New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Denniske1976
User

Dedicated Server again

on Friday, September, 30, 2005 9:04 AM
Hello again,

Well I am now at my brother's house and of course he also has TRON 2.0 :-P

Just tried my Server at home and noticed something strange... OF COURSE it still doesn't work, not even after reinstalling like Redrain85 advised in my other topic.

Strange thing though, is that when I try to connect to EN12-82, indeed nothing happens. After that I tried connecting to my IP address (80.56.44.25) and I got an "Error loading game" message. After that EN12-82 dissapeared from the list of Servers and didn't show until I restarted TRON 2.0.

Anyways, thing is that still only connect to my IP address works like a charm but connecting through the list of Server does absolutely NOTHING!! :-(

Anyone experienced this before?? Or should I just trash and burn my Dell router (and of course pee over it to put out the fire and couse a short-circuit just to make sure) and buy a 3COM one (or LinkSys)??

Dennis

European Dedicated LC Server:
www.EN12-82.net

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Dedicated Server again

on Friday, September, 30, 2005 5:43 PM

Well, something very odd is going on . . . that's for sure. Your server appears in the list, but you can't join it. Clicking the join button does nothing. I've never seen this before.

My only guess is that: even though your server appears on the list, somehow Gamespy's master server doesn't know your IP. So that when someone tries to join, that's why nothing happens . . . the game doesn't know where to connect to. Very weird.

One question . . . have you turned off the ability for remote users to ping your router? Maybe that has something to do with it.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Denniske1976
User

on Saturday, October, 01, 2005 8:33 AM
Hi Redrain85 (my hope and support in this) :-P

I just checked the router and noticed that PING was set to enable. I'm not at home now (long live RDP) and I am able to ping 80.56.44.25...well, not anymore because I switched it off again since it doesn't seem to matter either, because I switched that on a few weeks ago.

I also tried uPnP to see if it makes a difference but no... so maybe I'm to buying a LinkSys router this afternoon, because it's realy starting to annoy me and the only thing I haven't tried yet is different hardware.

Like I said earlier, RDP and web works but I only use it through my IP also. So that wouldn't be a good test since TRON also works with my IP.

Dennis (getting frustrated)on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

European Dedicated LC Server:
www.EN12-82.net

Jademz
User

on Saturday, October, 01, 2005 11:08 PM
If by chance you have Road Runner, ect. call tech support and make sure your ports are all open, (or find out how to use a game server w/ tech).

I have the same problem, as you know. I have my ports open, I remember reading something about remote connection, and running servers... I just haven't been troubleshooting. But I'll look into it.

If you haven't tried to open up gamespy's ports on your router, use the search engine, and you'll find them..

I used AOHELL, and never had a problem, but they couldn't support the kbps I needed, and they increased my ping on the servers by 100ms. So I canned them.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Dedicated Server again