Collector 
 Kubric Tron Sets? Anyone selling?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Boingo_Buzzard
User

Re: Kubric Tron Sets? Anyone selling?

on Saturday, October, 08, 2005 12:26 PM

Not sure if I like that last one all that much. There's a point where they can start to look TOO plasticy.

The thing I like about tron is the simplicity of the computer generated imagry, yet the feeling they conveyed of vast open space.

wwwmwww
User

on Saturday, October, 08, 2005 4:22 PM
Euphemizm Wrote:

Very very pretty. I need to find the time to make some more pretty pictures myself.

Carl

wwwmwww
User

on Saturday, October, 08, 2005 5:09 PM
Here was a shot I took at "plasticy" some time ago.

This was rendered back on 12/9/2004.

Carlwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Euphemizm
User

on Saturday, October, 08, 2005 7:02 PM
Doh, my windows don't arch up near the front to line up with the top window. :O

Nice shots tho.

Euphemizm
User

on Saturday, October, 08, 2005 7:04 PM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:

Not sure if I like that last one all that much. There's a point where they can start to look TOO plasticy.

The thing I like about tron is the simplicity of the computer generated imagry, yet the feeling they conveyed of vast open space.

Yeh, that was playing around a bit. Sometimes less is more in visual effects. Many people abuse glow and lens flare stuff so much it became its own cliche. I noticed a plentiful use of glows in tron 2.0 so I gave it a test.

Euphemizm
User

on Saturday, October, 08, 2005 7:21 PM
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/downloads/index.php

Oh, Boingo Buzzard, I was told if you download the 7.5d upgrade it functions as a demo and allows some low poly object saving.

Might wanna see if it works.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Saturday, October, 08, 2005 7:47 PM

I'll try that out. Worth a shot, and will give me something to do at work abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, October, 08, 2005 11:59 PM

I agree that the last image looks a bit too shiny, but nevertheless it's still quite awesome. Especially considering how fast Euphemizm made it!

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Traahn
User

on Sunday, October, 09, 2005 1:19 AM
Especially considering how fast Euphemizm made it!
Yes, and considering things like texture, glossiness, reflection, bump mapping, etc. of the models can be changed on the fly to whatever you want, it's a minimal concern.

It's his interpretation of the models and I like it. Just like some of wwwmwww's were quite reflective, it's all in the artist's eye.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Sunday, October, 09, 2005 2:08 AM
redrain85 Wrote:I agree that the last image looks a bit too shiny, but nevertheless it's still quite awesome.

Oh absolutely. It blows my crappy lightcycle model away. I wasn't being cruel, just offering constructive criticism. If I REALLY didn't like his work, I would have just posted nothing.

wwwmwww
User

on Sunday, October, 09, 2005 2:39 PM
Traahn Wrote:It's his interpretation of the models and I like it. Just like some of wwwmwww's were quite reflective, it's all in the artist's eye.

Here is one of my reflective one's you are probably refering to:

http://www.tron-sector.com/gallery/show.aspx?ID=1037
I agree... TRON is a very fun world to model and play around in. We just have more tools to play with now then they did 20 years ago. I like the reflective plastic look and I like the classic look too so I try to play around with both.

Carl

Riley Pizt
User

on Sunday, October, 09, 2005 3:34 PM
Euphemizm Wroteoh, my windows don't arch up near the front to line up with the top window. :O

Nice shots tho.

If I understand you correctly I think the way you did it is ok too.

You copied the yellow bike's window design and I copied the blue's design.

Something I wanted to point out that I don't think has been discussed before is the area I have outlined in red. The yellow bike I believe is an earlier MAGI design, it's missing the side details, the rear tire appears to be a torus and its not in the film, and as pointed out above the widow design appears to be different as well.

However in the area I have outline a cylinder connects with a sphere of the same radius which connects to a piece of a torus made of a tube of that same radius. I believe that connection should be smooth and it can be if all the cuts are made correctly. It looks smooth (aka correct) to me on the yellow bike. However it looks like an error was introduced when the blue bike was made. The torus no longer connects smoothly with the sphere and sticks out past it making a sharp point. The error (or at least what I'm calling an error) can be seen in the film in several places if watched frame-by-frame. I like to think I corrected this error in my model and that connection is now smooth again as it was in the yellow bike model.

Carl

Riley Pizt
User

on Sunday, October, 09, 2005 4:14 PM
Ummm... why is my post showing up as being posted by Riley Pizt?

What's the deal with that?
Carl

wwwmwww
User

on Sunday, October, 09, 2005 4:18 PM
I logged off and logged back in and I think it's now fixed. Now I can't edit my own posts.

Sorry Riley... I don't have a clue how I hijacked your account.

Carl

Euphemizm
User

on Sunday, October, 09, 2005 4:37 PM
Oh, I didn't know each bike had its own window design. Yeh I took the side front and top shots on this website and made them a blue print for Lightwave that I could trace. These models are actually a polygon mess right now. I am going to spend some time and do teh nurbs version so that the polycount is lower and the geometry is smoother. Currently they are a little messy.

Your shot that you linked to is totally awesome!

I love the reflective distortions. Very nice.

I need to get my game grid made with the old school themed walls.

YOu guys are so mean and critical

Guess you'll have to put up with another shot.

J/k. The crits are valid. Do you think the glow was causing much of the plastic look or is it just the shiny surface overall?

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

wwwmwww
User

on Sunday, October, 09, 2005 5:35 PM
Euphemizm Wrote:Oh, I didn't know each bike had its own window design.

They don't. In the movie they are all the same. The yellow bike above is an early MAGI design, atleast that's what I believe it to be. Several changes were made to it before its use in the movie.

Euphemizm Wrote:Yeh I took the side front and top shots on this website and made them a blue print for Lightwave that I could trace. These models are actually a polygon mess right now. I am going to spend some time and do teh nurbs version so that the polycount is lower and the geometry is smoother. Currently they are a little messy.

I just wish I had Lightwave. POV-Ray is free and is more my price range.

Euphemizm Wrote:Your shot that you linked to is totally awesome!

I love the reflective distortions. Very nice.

Thank you very much. That means alot coming from a skilled professional such as yourself.

Euphemizm Wrote:
I need to get my game grid made with the old school themed walls.

You can check out the making of mine in this thread:
http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=308827
Here is about what it looks like at the moment. I've corrected a few errors since this was made but they as so small you can't even see them here.

Euphemizm Wrote:YOu guys are so mean and critical

We try.

Euphemizm Wrote:Guess you'll have to put up with another shot.

J/k. The crits are valid. Do you think the glow was causing much of the plastic look or is it just the shiny surface overall?

Personally I like the plasic look. This is another very very cool shot. If I can find the time I'll try making the same shot with my models and we can compare.

Great work. I'd still like to see your whirlpool sequence, any chance it could be posted. If not maybe you could email it to me.

Keep up the great work,
Carl

Euphemizm
User

on Sunday, October, 09, 2005 5:41 PM
Oh, I didn't see your post above. Right now it is copywritten by NBC, since they own all Surface properties but I think since it has aired that it is public domain to a certian extent. Many people have posted pics from the aired program on the web already so I imagine a still from the sequence is ok.

Traahn
User

on Saturday, October, 15, 2005 1:33 AM
Lookin' good. Sorry -- lost track of this thread for a while. I think it's the high-reflection/specularity/glossiness that makes them look plastic. But it's all in the artist's eye and they look very cool to mewhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Euphemizm
User

on Wednesday, October, 19, 2005 12:30 PM
My Kubrick sets came in. Pics tonight!

Also, less reflective more traditional Lightcycle renders.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Thursday, November, 03, 2005 1:45 AM
Pics tonight?? Where are they!!?? abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Kubric Tron Sets? Anyone selling?