It works!!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Denniske1976
User

It works!!

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 3:42 AM
Hi there,

it's me again about that strange TRON Dedicated Server problem... I finally got it working now! :-) So here's what I did:

I disconnected my Dell Router and took a good sh*t on it! Then I went to a computer store (that was open on sundays) and bought myself a LinkSys WRT54G router.

Came home, plugged in the LinkSys router, setup WiFi and WPA, enabled port forwarding for 80/3389 and 27888 and started the TRON Dedicated Server...

And now I can even connect from "the inside" (LAN) to the Server by joining an internet game and double clicking EN12-82 in the list (which is currently running Light Cycles).

So there you have it! Now there's a Dutch Server as well...

Thanx for everyones help (especially Redrain85) and hope to see someone on my Server... because everyone of course thinks EN12-82 won't work when it's listed.

Dennisorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

European Dedicated LC Server:
www.EN12-82.net

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: It works!!

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 4:18 PM

So replacing the router finally got rid of that issue? Glad to see you got it working. (Even if it was a bit of an expensive solution. )

I have a cheap no-name router that was given to me as a gift: and its setup options aren't standard like other, more popular routers. So mine is an example where it's totally different from all the rest . . . luckily, I can get it to work for hosting whenever I want to put a server up.

But that's the problem with all these different routers. Trying to write a guide to cover them all, is pretty much impossible. Every manufacturer has to be a little bit different, just to piss you off.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Denniske1976
User

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 4:31 PM
Well, that's indeed the story with different routers/firewalls/platforms etc etc...

But with me being a network engineer, I never encountered a device that I couldn't figure out before (be it a firewall, a Server, a router, a printer/server whatever).

And for what it's worth: I am 100% confident that it's the Dell router ITSELF being the problem. Since you can only do a DMZ or a Custom Port Forward and neither worked. I have seen messages on the Dell Forum that there were more people having problems setting up Port Forwarding (with either a TrueMobile 1184 or a 2300) and they ended up replacing it... maybe firmware.

Ow well, lucky for me it was an 1184 router that also didn't support 802.11G and now my LinkSys does :-P

Dennis

European Dedicated LC Server:
www.EN12-82.net

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 6:09 PM
Denniske1976 Wrote:Hi there,

it's me again about that strange TRON Dedicated Server problem... I finally got it working now! :-) So here's what I did:

I disconnected my Dell Router and took a good sh*t on it! Then I went to a computer store (that was open on sundays) and bought myself a LinkSys WRT54G router.

Came home, plugged in the LinkSys router, setup WiFi and WPA, enabled port forwarding for 80/3389 and 27888 and started the TRON Dedicated Server...

And now I can even connect from "the inside" (LAN) to the Server by joining an internet game and double clicking EN12-82 in the list (which is currently running Light Cycles).

So there you have it! Now there's a Dutch Server as well...

Thanx for everyones help (especially Redrain85) and hope to see someone on my Server... because everyone of course thinks EN12-82 won't work when it's listed.

Dennis

Wow... I had no idea switching routers would've be the fix! Otherwise, instead of repeatedly trying your server and coming back with "Nope, still can't get in." I would've recommended the router you just bought, because it's the same one I have! Gotta love Linksys, their stuff is great.

Glad to see you got the problem straightened out. You should see me on your server soon. Maybe not right away, due to Doom 3, and Secret Weapons Over Normandy, and the bazillion other games I'm trying to play at the same time, but soon.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 7:24 PM
Both Linksys and Dlink are good products there. Depending on what you want to use from each. I know I'm using a Dlink 4 port router and a back up link sys 4 port for connecting my test machines over here. Since three out of the four of mine are filled. TThe one thing i would love to get into and use is Ciscos 2600/2700series if I can get my mits on one of those. But heck you now know wht the heck was wrong there. Maybe you could just swith of the router capablities off of it and just use it as a repeater there.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Tabulator
User

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 7:27 PM
LinkSys is the best! If you have more than one reciever, you can play LAN games at a pretty good speed.
Oh, and one of the LinkSys...es my family had exploded, but it's still pretty cool.

policy:
Disabling your firewall: Free
Acquiring your information: Free
Shipping and handling: $30

We appreciate your cooperation.

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 10:22 PM
Well if and when Possible. I'm going for CISCO personally. Which is like a Nuclear Bomb compared to the dlink and linksys in comaprision. And don't get me wrong I work with both here at home. Both router and hub for my small network. Just need a better quality stuff to do what I want and need to do with over here. And preference as well since CISCO is an INdustry Standard for medium to large offices.

Tabulator Wrote:LinkSys is the best! If you have more than one reciever, you can play LAN games at a pretty good speed.
Oh, and one of the LinkSys...es my family had exploded, but it's still pretty cool.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 It works!!