Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Interchangeable Game maps.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
KingKaddish
User

on Sunday, November, 27, 2005 11:09 PM
( Being new I have no idea idea if this topic has been covered already or not. BUT, I am posting this in off chance it has not.)

Hi

First I am new here, so hello all, and I hope to get to know you all.

Second, My Post...
I was playing some of my older games the other day an I noticed that AvP 1&2 BOTH use Dedit, (I have no idea if there are other games which also use this utility for editing or not).

BUT! My question is...
IS it possible that these maps could be interchangeable for multiple part combinations for editing to make new tron 2.0 complete maps thru map part sharing with Dedit?

I hope to hear all comments on this.

King OUT!

KingKaddish

KingKaddish@yahoo.com
-or-
Starscreamsghost7@yahoo.com

flynn1978
User

Re: Interchangeable Game maps.

on Sunday, November, 27, 2005 11:51 PM
Almost forgot to reply-so you want to (your sentence was really dense) take maps from avp (and 2) and make them into maps for Tron, and perhaps vice-versa?

Well, I've taken the intro to UT and made it a map on Nerf Arena Blast (same engine-and editor), so I'm really sure you can do the same. Personally, I want a water park in a Tron map in the future.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

flynn1978
User

on Sunday, November, 27, 2005 11:51 PM
HELLO! btw

KingKaddish
User

on Monday, November, 28, 2005 12:15 AM
Hi again

Well I had a favorite old avp 1 multiplayer map that I had kept the original beta map for (which is now an abandoned progect). An I was thinking of adding some of its parts and a more open in the wilds kind of map with a small town on each side of the map. Kind of like scenery from ending of the old movie for the most part.

Here is a list of things I would (((LIKE))) to put in my map.

-------------------------------------------------------------
*Energy waterfalls (or very close to looking like one)
*Digital looking plant life (taken ala-thanks of Reboot.... which was supposed to be tron the series..or so I was told at the time)
*Gridbugs. (An I know of a little site that has a 3d studio max model of a gridbug... if the site is still up after all this time.. lol).. which I really wanted to add back into tron.
* An a small part of a town on each side (thought of editing the internet town... I really liked that map.
* An a System Defense port at the top on each side of map in the towns, where you can steal a ride on the back of a recognizer an ride back an forth to the 2 main areas of the map faster. Aka-edit of room where u steal your disc back.

here is a link to a ms paint (QUICK DOODLE) of map layout idea....

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VACTAjwbNq*O*jGD9Te2vOEhbmcToPpgPkJX30uVlXxDrU5BBYxyK6oli8cZHmbNtC1mrJBPnjKC8kT4JFoar7osu8nrmWA5NZscMi11sm1D*DAP8SS9IKDeqLOjXPOm/untitled.JPG?dc=4675549488670338452

An BEFORE you say it. I know that is a HELL of a large idea for a newbie at this. BUT... if ya dream... do it big! lol

Thanks for reply also.

King OUT!

KingKaddish

KingKaddish@yahoo.com
-or-
Starscreamsghost7@yahoo.com

flynn1978
User

on Sunday, December, 11, 2005 9:05 PM
Great design! I like the layout-very well crafted. I'm sure someone could help get it together.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, December, 11, 2005 11:45 PM

Converting an AVP2 map to Tron would be possible. But it's very, very awkward.

You need to use plugins that came with the AVP2 tools to load the .ED map file into a program like 3DSMax, export it as an .OBJ file, and then import the .OBJ into Tron's DEdit.

Like I said . . . very awkward.

For AVP1, I have no idea. But AVP1 does not use DEdit as a map editor. AVP1 was made by Rebellion in the UK, on their own proprietary game engine, years before AVP2 came out. AVP2 was made by Monolith on the Lithtech Talon engine. Two totally different propositions, when it comes to editing.

EDIT: I did a little checking, and the AVP1 tools also came with a plugin for 3DSMax. So you could import the .RIF map file, then export it as an .OBJ, and import it into DEdit.

Did I mention that this was going to be really awkward?

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels