Original TOMY TRON- How many Cycles?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
HSBUser
User

on Saturday, December, 10, 2005 12:58 PM
Greetings, Programs!

I've managed to get a set of dead mint complete TOMY TRON Loose Figures this summer. A most excellent score.

But in my travels around the web & 1-on-1 talks with other TRON fans, I've discovered a discrepency about the TOMY rip-cord light cycles.

Some sites & people feel there was only 2 colors released for the cycles- YELLOW and RED. But I have an ORANGE one i purchased from its original owner. It's NOT a discolored/painted one etc.

...and i remember (childhood memories are always scetchy though) having a BLUE and YELLOW cycle when i was a kid. I've discussed this with a few DISNEY collectors I know and they believe there was a BLUE color.

Perhaps the BLUE color was a UK/Euro release only? Is the ORANGE one i have special?

Any help would be really cool.

I've also noticed there really isn't a "guide" to the line on the site, and the best recource i've found - The KEVIN LENTZ 3 3/4" archives site- only makes reference to the Y & R colors.

The ORANGE bike is in great shape, with original cord. I would take photos but alas i have no digital camera. Its not the canadian Bootleg - it's official TOMY.

PS- sorry to post this late as the con only runs till Sunday, but this weekend in Philadelphia, PA USA...

TRON and BLACK HOLE matte artist DAVID MATTINGLY is guest of honor at PhilCon2005 here on the East Coast. Can't make it due to work, but if anyone reads this & attends, let him know that people STILL love his work on both those amazing fun films!

http://www.philcon.org/2005/

end of linewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

---------------
Wow, That's So Tron.

...man.

DaveTRON
User

Re: Original TOMY TRON- How many Cycles?

on Saturday, December, 10, 2005 11:55 PM
HSBUser Wrote:Greetings, Programs!

I've managed to get a set of dead mint complete TOMY TRON Loose Figures this summer. A most excellent score.

But in my travels around the web & 1-on-1 talks with other TRON fans, I've discovered a discrepency about the TOMY rip-cord light cycles.

Some sites & people feel there was only 2 colors released for the cycles- YELLOW and RED. But I have an ORANGE one i purchased from its original owner. It's NOT a discolored/painted one etc.

...and i remember (childhood memories are always scetchy though) having a BLUE and YELLOW cycle when i was a kid. I've discussed this with a few DISNEY collectors I know and they believe there was a BLUE color.

Perhaps the BLUE color was a UK/Euro release only? Is the ORANGE one i have special?

Any help would be really cool.

I've also noticed there really isn't a "guide" to the line on the site, and the best recource i've found - The KEVIN LENTZ 3 3/4" archives site- only makes reference to the Y & R colors.

The ORANGE bike is in great shape, with original cord. I would take photos but alas i have no digital camera. Its not the canadian Bootleg - it's official TOMY.

It might be a yellow bike that was produced too close to the red line, but there were only two colors. Yellow and Red. My yellow bike actually has a slight orange tint too, so my guess is what you have is a small variant in production.

There are blue bikes in the redos from NECA in 2003, but the only green bike is from the Canadian bootlegs.

DaveTRON

HSBUser
User

on Wednesday, December, 21, 2005 9:35 PM
Ok, so today I took my "Orange" lightcycle to work to get a good fluorecent light look at it and to make sure i'm not completely nuts.

I am pretty colorblind as well, guys, so i never really trust my eyes on the topic of colors (but years of grading vintage toys has given me a ton of techniques for gauging yellowing of plastic, etc.)

I forgot to take a pic (stupid) but most people there agreed that was that is is indeed a full orange, not a bleed, or cigarette smoke damage, as the back wheel is the SAME SHADE. wierd.

we also did a test where we held it up against a color chart on a pro-graphics calibrated Mac (a friend who is a colorist for comics.) and it again showed as a "flat orange?" sorry i forget the exact term used.

I really gotta get a digital camera that actually works well with a good picture so i can get some answers from the masters of TRON-SECTOR.

Thanks for your time, dave, and happy holidays to all.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

---------------
Wow, That's So Tron.

...man.

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, December, 21, 2005 11:58 PM
If it is indeed orange it is a manufacturing mistake. Neat for you, but not an official color. Sorry.

Would love to see a picture of it sometime!

DaveTRON

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector