Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Sound FX For Level

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Bit Brain
User

Sound FX For Level

on Thursday, December, 29, 2005 11:36 PM

I have an idea for a Tron 2.0 map based on a location from the movie. To enhance the experience, I'd like to add the same background sound from the movie. My question is how to go about it and how to filter out some unwanted sounds (dialogue, footsteps). Is this at all possible? I was impressed that the XMCP map had the background noise on the mesa. The area I have in mind to recreate has too much clutter to get a clean loop. How to get it to work in Dedit would be the next question but, I think I can figure that out on my own. Thank you for any advice you can give.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Qix77
User

Re: Sound FX For Level

on Friday, December, 30, 2005 12:02 AM
This is a process that I've never had much luck on when working on other projects. I have noticed, however, that in a lot of movies they use some of the same background samples in other seans. Tron's samples are redundent but that doen't make it easy to grab.

I'm sure someone here has a good method that we both and learn from...

Traahn
User

on Friday, December, 30, 2005 12:07 AM
Are you looking for just the background music? If so, then the Tron Soundtrack should meet your needs: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005V8J7/104-7998617-2189501?v=glance&n=5174
If you're trying to strip some sound from the film that's not music, then I'm afraid I can't help. Aside from maybe trying to hit the "karaoke" button in some recording software, then I don't know what to do.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Bit Brain
User

on Friday, December, 30, 2005 3:34 AM
Thanks for the replys. Yes, there is a certain beep and chirp sound that I want to get, not the music. I'll be honest with you, in the past I was successful in extracting wavs from DVDs using something called the "IM TOO" DVD Audio Ripper. Shareware/demo version (I think) that only allowed 5 minutes of recording (perfect for level design purposes). HOWEVER, after downloading and using it, it wasn't long before I got error messages about my firewall, Anti-virus software turned off by itself, and my computer crapped out. Bought a new computer, installed the ripper, lo and behold the new computer started to get fu##ed up too. I FIRMLY BELIEVE IT TO BE MALWARE/TROJAN/BS USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I can't believe anything else on my system or the CD I burned could have caused the errors I got. On the other hand, you want clean wavs from a DVD? It can't be beat. I was hoping there was a more legit way to get wavs from a DVD. And after getting that wav, to filter out unwanted sounds. Thanks.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Qix77
User

on Friday, December, 30, 2005 4:24 AM
If you're having issues with you're computer, try these nice progs..............

Oh.. and close all background progs..

http://www.ccleaner.com/
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, December, 30, 2005 8:25 AM
A new program at The Sector

Greetings, Bit Brain and welcome to TRON-Sector!

I hope your TRON 2.0 map and audio samples work out well for you!

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, December, 30, 2005 9:44 AM

I use SmartRipper to rip the VOB files from the DVD. Then a utility called DVD2AVI which will build a .d2i file that can be used in something like TMPEG. However during the conversion process in DVD2AVI the utility extracts a complete wav file of the sound to the movie (it can also do different channels).

This should get you a wav (albeit HUGE wav) file of the film and you can clip it or modify it in something like Audacity to suit your needs.

P.S. I use these programs for backup purposes only and do not condone nor endorse piracy of copywritten materials.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, December, 30, 2005 12:38 PM

What sound effects are you after exactly, Bit Brain? They might already be part of the game. There are many background sound effects provided (some of which weren't used), that sound like they came straight from the movie.

I can imagine that the sound guys at Monolith ran into the same problem. They probably took what they could from the DVD, and cleaned it up for their use. But it only worked with isolated sound effects. The rest, they had to make from scratch.

Trying to separate sound effects from speech or other noises, is extremely difficult. Even in the movie industry, when they redo a soundtrack on an old movie to enhance it for DVD release, the first thing the sound crew asks for is separate sound effect and dialogue tracks. So they can play with the effects to their hearts' content, then lay the speech over top again. Enhancing the mixed track would be an extreme challenge. It's the reverse of what you're talking about, but it still presents the same difficulty.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Bit Brain
User

on Saturday, December, 31, 2005 7:44 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! The sound Iam looking for is basically an ambient sound sequence from the film specific to the location I'd like to re-create. Sorry for being vague, afraid someone would steal my idea . After repeated viewing of the scene, I realize the sequence may be too contaminated with noise from the characters to be of use. There are alot of straight DVD to WAV audio rippers on the web but, they all look of questionable character. Thanks to Buzzard for revealing his technique, a possible option. My hats off to everyone on this site for keeping Tron alive, it came out when I was seven years old and instantly became one of my favorite movies. Many kudos to Redrain/Tronfaq for your website and tireless work with Tron 2.0 and petition. Wish you all the happiest of New Years. Keep hope alive!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Sound FX For Level