Figure stands for TOMY Tron figures?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
HSBUser
User

on Sunday, January, 08, 2006 5:27 PM
Any advice for some nice figure stands?

the peg holes are visibly smaller than 1990s Star Wars figures, and my figs are so minty fresh that i don't want to mess them up in any way?

what do you guys use? money is no object for TRON toys.

love to all!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

---------------
Wow, That's So Tron.

...man.

DaveTRON
User

Re: Figure stands for TOMY Tron figures?

on Sunday, January, 08, 2006 6:00 PM
HSBUser Wrote:Any advice for some nice figure stands?

the peg holes are visibly smaller than 1990s Star Wars figures, and my figs are so minty fresh that i don't want to mess them up in any way?

what do you guys use? money is no object for TRON toys.

love to all!

GI Joe stands work well.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

HSBUser
User

on Tuesday, January, 10, 2006 8:33 PM
Joe stands don't fit the hole on the bottom- post is too big. (i always run across Matchbox ROBOTECH figures with Joe posts broken off in the peg hole, i'm trying to avoid this!)

Modern SW stands (circa 2000) don't work either, too small.

Ideas???

---------------
Wow, That's So Tron.

...man.

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, January, 11, 2006 12:46 AM
HSBUser Wrote:Joe stands don't fit the hole on the bottom- post is too big. (i always run across Matchbox ROBOTECH figures with Joe posts broken off in the peg hole, i'm trying to avoid this!)

Modern SW stands (circa 2000) don't work either, too small.

Ideas???

I have a file that takes care of that!

DaveTRON

HSBUser
User

on Sunday, January, 15, 2006 7:38 PM
yeah, trying to avoid the whole "arts & crafts" thing, but oh well.

I'll post again if i find anything!!!!

---------------
Wow, That's So Tron.

...man.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Sunday, January, 15, 2006 11:23 PM
HSBUser Wrote:yeah, trying to avoid the whole "arts & crafts" thing, but oh well.

Think of a file as more "home improvement" and less "arts and crafts" and you'll be OK

HSBUser
User

on Sunday, January, 22, 2006 1:14 PM
OK I FOUND THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect fit, and I'm so stupid for not thinking of this before....

The pegs in the bottom of TOMY 1981 TRON Action Figures are EXACTLY the same size as the current MICROMAN figures by Takara (2001-current). Each of those figures has a stand, with 2 different sized pegs.

The smaller pegs are PERFECT for Tron Figures.
No filing or anything.

Where can you get them? every MICROMAN figure from 2002-current comes with one, Takara made a 5-pack of them in clear multi-colors (they would look GREAT w/ tron figs) which was a ToysRUs Japan exclusive in 2003-2004.

MICROMAN are pretty pricey here in the US, average eBay price for a figure is $15+, so it is a little expensive to buy them just for the stands. BUT... they do have an above-average Loose Resel price on ebay, so you may be able to resell the mint opened toys for $10+ each.

The TRU Exclusive stands usually go for $15+; i wouldnt pay any more than $25 (including s/h from anywhere) for the set.

FYI Collectors... MICROMAN are almost identical construction to the MEDICOM REAL ACTION HEROES 100 Lightcycle sets that came out a few years back... super articulation, great sculpts, FILM ACCuRATE. Average cost is $40-50 a set for RAH100, but hunt around & you'll see them cheaper. Sets included SARK, FLYNN, TRON, and WARRIOR, each with a bike (yellow, blue red, etc.)

Many of the MICROMAN figures are translucent, and are hyper popular for custom 3 3/4" figures in Japan & US. I have seen some custom TRON micromen, but they weren't very good, especially when compared to the RAH100 sets. Get your game up arts&crafts folks!where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

---------------
Wow, That's So Tron.

...man.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector