TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Top 200 Games - EGM

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Boingo_Buzzard
User

Re: Top 200 Games - EGM

on Tuesday, February, 07, 2006 11:12 PM
Traahn Wrote:*Boooooo* *Hissss* I don't like this list. And GTA in the Top 10? I hate GTA. It's so boring. I don't get the fascination with it...

Well, the amount of detail given to the landscape and scenery, and interaction with the environment is addicting. It's the "go anywhere do anything" aspect of the game that is somewhat taken for granted these days. Keep in mind when GTA III came out in 2001, this was a TOTALLY novel concept and blew people away.

I enjoy the dark humor, the sheer number of "quests" and hidden things to do. It's also fun to take on a different personality and act in a manner in a GAME that you'd never do in real life (e.g. get on a motorcycle and blow through a red light...)

As for the violence level of it. I play violent games ALL the time and this is no different from any other game I have played. ALL games these days seem to involve killing in some aspect. When the setting is a regular 'ol city though, people go ballistic. Killing Orcs, though is OK. Whatever.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Tuesday, February, 07, 2006 11:23 PM

Not that my list means anything, but just for fun here's my top 5 (has changed a bit in the last year):

5) Morrowind: Elder Scrolls III
4) Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
3) Grand Theft Auto III
2) Ico
1) Final Fantasy VII

Writing this up, I see a theme for me. Long involved storylines with HUGE expansive universes with tons of stuff to do and explore.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, February, 07, 2006 11:57 PM

Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:4) Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
KOTOR 1 was indeed an awesome game. It nearly made my Top 5 list. KOTOR 2 was a big disappointment, though. What should have been a better game, instead turned out to be . . . meh. If only LucasArts hadn't pushed them to release by Christmas.

2) Ico
I could see myself liking Ico. Based on video clips I've seen of it, it reminds me of a couple of old favorites: Out of this World (aka Another World) and Flashback: The Quest for Identity.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

MutoidMan
User

on Friday, February, 10, 2006 7:35 AM
I see we're doing personal favorites lists!

May as well throw in one for PC games that I just made up off the top of my head:

10. Splinter Cell
9. Doom III
8. Freedom Force
7. Interstate '76
6. TRON 2.0
5. Battlezone - PC
4. Fallout 2 - PC {Tie}
4. Fallout - PC {Tie}
3. Descent - PC
2. Descent II - PC
1. Half-Life - PC

It's a quickie list, but a decent one.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, February, 10, 2006 9:51 AM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:

Not that my list means anything, but just for fun here's my top 5 (has changed a bit in the last year):

5) Morrowind: Elder Scrolls III
4) Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
3) Grand Theft Auto III
2) Ico
1) Final Fantasy VII

Writing this up, I see a theme for me. Long involved storylines with HUGE expansive universes with tons of stuff to do and explore.

Where's TRON 2.0? Hmmm?

DaveTRON

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, February, 10, 2006 9:58 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:
Where's TRON 2.0? Hmmm?

It's there... just not in the top 5.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, February, 10, 2006 12:29 PM
Deadly Disks Wrote:
Oblivion's almost out. You as excited as me?

I'm actually still playing Morrowind. I included it on my list not only because I am just NOW enjoying the game, but because I have become completely addicted to it. I'll sit here at work and think about the strategies I will try out when I get home. Any game that can keep me thinking about it once I am not playing it is tops in my list.

But yes, I am excited.

EDIT: It's actually funny. The first time I played Morrowind, I got continually whaled on and quit it. I've gone back now and taken things slowly.... didn't do the whole "LEERRROY JENKINS!" thing this time around and built up my character slowly but surely. I am now pretty tough and don't get whaled on (as much). With these kinds of games, that kind of what you need to do.... be patient and build yourself up. Now it's one of my fav. games ever.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, February, 10, 2006 4:13 PM
Deadly Disks Wrote:Please tell me Galaga made the top 25?!!

Galaga was #28.

DaveTRON

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Top 200 Games - EGM